NinNES I: Antiquity Broken

By the way, I would rather my country be called "Brittany". (Bretagne is the French name, I believe)

Also, you misspelled Capital in the stats.

@ METY- Done. Also, I put Brittany on the map.

@ DC123456789- Fixed. :p. And yes, Bretange is the French name. For some reason I put that istead of just "Brittany".

ooc: Nintz, I thing that you forgot my diplomacy with the Greek NPC's.

To: Empire of Hellas

We will not be popular for this. However, we see quite clearly just how serious you are. I have no desire to have my people defeated, or massacred as it were. I hereby bend the knee to you, and I know I shall be remembered poorly for it. My only hope is that Delphi is not burnt to the ground.

What are the terms of this peace treaty?

You wish to join us? This is hypocrisy! The Greek League is devoted to protecting it's members, not systematically killing off its own people! We deny you, though death it may bring. You want our land? Come and take it! We spit on you and your vile imperialism that you bring.

We will not be popular for this. However, we see quite clearly just how serious you are. I have no desire to have my people defeated, or massacred as it were. I hereby bend the knee to you, and I know I shall be remembered poorly for it. My only hope is that Delphi is not burnt to the ground.

From Hellas
To Delphi:

You made a wise decision. You (ooc: the leader of Delphi) are appointed as one of the two Governors of the city. All citizens of Delphi are from now on Free citizens of the Empire. Delphi shall be protected by the Emperor. We have no intention of burning it. It is time for a united Hellas.

To: Ambracia

1) Agree to a military alliance with Hellas.
2) Hellas agrees to protect you from all foreign invasions.
3) Hellas agree to give finacial aid to your city, if you even need it.
4) OB between the two countries.

Do you accept? We do not want to take you over. The impression that we will invade you is wrong.

To: Remaining Greek League Members

We wished to join. We wished peace. We wished alliance with you. But you want war. It is time for Hellas to unite. It is time for a new Hellas. Not an hellas of fail, an Hellas of division.

From now on, there will be in all of Hellas One Emperor, One Law, One Empire. It is time that all Hellenes unite!

As long as we can retain some degree of autonomy, we accept.

So be it. War it is.

I think that you do not understand us. We do not want you to be our vassal. You will not be autonomous. You will be independent. You will be a free state. We want you as an ally, not a slave.

By the way, will you send armies to help us in the war against the Southern Greeks?

Then we will most certainly accept. We shall send what we can to aid you, though that may or may not be a lot.

We thank you for your help.

ooc: I posted some RP.

IC:

The Secret History of Alexander the Great

Part 7:

As I have told you in the last parts, Alexander grown up in the Macedonian Tribe of the Argeans. I also told you how Alexander first learned to ride a horse and then how to walk. I also writen about the famous battle between the Argeans and the Edessians, an other Macedonian Tribe.

After the death of his father, at the age of 18, Alexander was proclaimed ''Vasileus Argeadon'' (King of the Argeans). As I have told you, the Argeans were a small tribe in North- Western Macedonia, in the area that is now known as Pella, Imperial Capital of Hellas. The Argeans were a Nomadic people, and had very few lands under their control. Those Nomads were one of the many Tribal Kingdoms in Macedonia. Macedonia at this age was divided between more than 50 Tribal Kingdoms.

However Alexander had a goal: To unite Macedonia. But first he had to take the throne. Just one day after he was crowned King, two of the four Argeans Commanders revolted against Alexander's rule, with the support of 2/3 of the Argean army and most of the Noble Families.

Perdeas II had re-organized the Kingdom and had stripped away many rights of the Nobles. The Nobles, thinking that Alexander, a young boy only 18 years old, was an easy target, decided to revolt and gain back their rights. The Rebels supported that Alexander's younger brother, Amalachas, a 14 years old child, was the rightful heir to the throne.

Alexander, non-experienced and outnumbered, as more than 2/3 of his army had joined the Rebels, decided to do a smart trick. He used scorched earth strategy and at the same time he avoided a direct battle against the rebels.

The Rebel army was exhausted, and was without supplies. Thes scorched earth strategy was a success. The water was poisoned and the land burned. The men had days to drink clean water and eat. It was then, when Alexander, with his small army, attacked the rebels. At the night, the Rebels did not guarded their camp very well, because they though that Alexander was a coward, since he did not faced them in combat but used dirty tricks instead. They also though that their numbers would save them.

However, they were wrong. Alexander and his small army attacked the Rebels in the middle of the night. The exhausted and surprised Rebel Army was crushed in one battle. Alexander beheaded all captives and impaled the two Rebel Commanders. He soon re-took one Argean city after the other and chased down all Nobles, in what is now known as the ''Noble's Purge''.

Alexander now was undisputed King of the Argeans. Now he could fulfil his vision: Unite Macedonia and use the resources of Macedonia to unite Hellas.

Part 9:

As I have told you in the last part, Alexander managed to re-build the state and the army of the Argean Kingdom, just 2 years after the civil war. Now he started his first expansive war. He was going to attack the Edessians, to take revenge for his father's death.

The leader of the Edessians, Ierohalkos III, was Great General and had defeated many enemies in battle. Alexander knew that he could not win him in an open battle. So he though of a trick.

He Invaded Ierohalkos Kingdom. After Alexander, now 20 years old, managed to crush the Armies he send, he decided to lead the campaign himself. As Ierohalkos prepared his Army and was marching towards Alexander, Alexander ordered a retreat deep into Argean territory.

The foolish King, thinking that Alexander was afraid of his reputation, and wanting to destroy the son like he did with the father, invaded the Argean Kingdom. He was lured into Alexander's trap.

Alexander camped deep into an Argean forest. That's what Ierohalkos though at least. So he was told by the scouts. However, Alexander had placed the dead Argean Soliders, from the battles in Edessian territory, in the camp, to make Ierohalkos think that they were Alexander's men, and also he had a small team of Argean Soldiers to go near the camp and make noise, to give the impression that the Soldiers were preparing for war and that the camp was full of life.

Ierohalkos ordered his Army to attack. As his army entered the camp, they found only dead Soldiers. Before they could retreat, Alexander had send his men to start a fire in the camp. With the trees nearby, as the camp was in the middle of the forest, the fire spread quickly. More than half of the Edessian Army died. When Ierohalkos and some of his men managed to escape, Alexander ordered a full scale attack. The entire Edessian Army was crushed.

Soon, Alexander ordered his Army to move on Edessian territory. Without any soldiers or King, the tribal nation fell. Alexander had all male Edessians impaled and the women and children to be sold to slavery.

A few months later, when news of Alexander's victories spread all over Macedonia, more than 10 Tribal Kingdoms surrendered. The citizens of those Kingdoms became free Argean citizens with the same rights as the other Argean citizens.

But Alexander wanted to create a unity in his new Kingdom and test how loyal the surrendered tribes were. So he decided to Invade the Kavalians.

Or 1-6 for that matter :p?

Dynasty: Hyakid dynasty, named after the legendary founder of Armenia: Hyak, even though Arame has no ties to Hyak, family or otherwise.
Ruler: Arame
Family: Silva (wife from a political marrige from a Northern Armenian cheif, the marrige being part of the treaties that unified Armenia), Tigranes (First son), Hyak II (Second son)

ooc: I post only the ineteresting parts. Parts 1 to 6 are about the early life of Alexander and 8 is about building the Kingdom. I post only the wars.

IC:

Part 10:

As I have told you in the last part, Alexander defeated the Edessians, the ones who had killed his father, Perdeas II, and after his victory, he had united a large part of Macedonia. In order to test how loyal the subjugated Tribes were, he decided to invade the Kavalians. That was one of his Greatest mistakes, as this war lasted for more than 12 years. But this war would also reveal the military genius of Alexander, uniter of Macedonia and First Emperor of the Greeks.

Alexander started the war by Invading Kavala from the western border with an Army of 7,000 Men. 4,000 were Argeans and the rest 3,000 were the subjugated Tribes. However this time, Kavala was not alone. All free Kingdoms of Macedonia, more than 30 tribes, declared war on Alexander.

The first battle of the war took place in Zeus Hill, in south western Macedonia. Alexander, moving fast with his cavalry, managed to take the hill first. From there, he could defend his Army, since the Hill gave him a defensive advantage over the enemies.

One day after Alexander caprured the hill, more than 30,000 enemy Soldiers invaded the hill. Although the Argeans had a very good defensive position, the enemies were outnumbering them almost 4 to 1.

So Alexander told his men ''Soldiers of the Argean Kingdom! Today we fight to unite Macedonia. Today we fight for glory. Today we fight to take revenge for the death of Perdeas II. Today we fight so our name can live to eternity!!!!!!''

So the Barve Argeans fend off the enemy attacks. For 1 month, they fought against the enemy. The Kavalans and their allies had over 20,000 deaths, while only 1,000 Argean Soldiers died. Yet, the enemy still outnumbered Alexander.

So Alexander did a smart trick. Knowing that he could not win, in the middle of the night, he placed the dead Argeans Soldiers in the camp and evacuated his army from the hill. When the enemies attacked this hill, they found no one except for dead bodies.

Instead, Alexander had retreated into Argean territory, recruited new men and with 12, 000 Soldiers, he invaded again Kavala, this time from the eastern border. While the enemy was either at the western border or in the hill, Alexander, just 5 days after his retreat, invaded Kavalian territory and burned anything in his way. Aleriopoli, a Kavalan city, was burned to the ground and all of it's citizens were impaled. Alexander ordered that once he won, he would re-build the city and rename it Alexandria.

However, soon the Kavalan Army mobolized and marched towards Alexander. Alexander had send 2,000 cavalry men to use hit and run strategy against the enemy and slow them down, while he ordered his engineers to repair Aleriopoli's walls, fortify it and also ordered his troops to gather supplies and raid enemy cities.

Just 3 weeks after Alexander destroyed Aleriopoli, Aleriopoli was re-built, renamed Alexandria and fortified, while the Argeans had gathered a large amount of supplies, mainly food, water and wine. The walls were re-built with nearby woods and some stones from the damaged buildings in the city. It was then, when the 50,000 enemy Soldiers arived in the fortified city. Alexander now was trapped and could lose his entire Empire. The siege of Alexandria begun.

Part 11:

So Alexander was trapped in Alexandria. One siege could change the fate of Macedonia and of all of Hellas. Many advisors of Alexander, asked him to surrendered. He said to them ''I prefer to die as a hero than live a long life like an ordinary man''.

The Kavalans send diplomats to ask Alexander to surrender. Alexander's answer was astonishing. He cut the head of the Diplomats and threw them at the enemy. So the enemies started the siege.

The city lasted enemy attacks for more than 9 years. Every day, the enemies send Soldiers to attack the city. Many times the enemies managed to destroy parts of the walls and enter the city, but they were fend off by the brave defenders and at the night the walls were repaired.

Then, in August 29, the city fell. All walls were broken or burned. The enemies entered inside the city like a storm. Alexander, with his sword, rushed at the enemy, not caring about his life. It was then, when a miracle happend. A storm started and a thunder started a fire in the city. Almost the entire enemy Army was burned alive. Alexander, re-grouped his Army and led a charge against the enemy.

The Kavalans were crushed. From the 50,000 Kavalans, only 1,000 survived and from the Argeans from 12,000 Soldiers only 3,000. Alexander, then retreated once again in Argean territory, and with new men, he invaded again Kavala. This time, he faced the Kavalan Army in open battle.

Alexander had 13,000 Men, while the Kavalan Army, lead by Kavalan King Alachorichos, had 21,000 Soldiers. The Kavalans were crushed. All enemy soldiers, including the King, were impaled by Alexander. Almost 1 year after the battle, all of Kavala was under Alexander's control.

For the rest of the war, Alexander destroyed one enemy tribe after the other and united all of Macedonia under his rule. At 1000 B.C, after almost 15 years of war, Alexander, at the age of 33, was declared King of Macedonia.

With Macedonia united, he could fulfil his vision: Unite Hellas under one Emperor, One Law and One Empire.

Look at the first page, second post, in the stats.

Top Bottom