black tiles in C2C

Status
Not open for further replies.
What program did you use to unpack the fpk files?

Specifically, since I have Vista 64, what version? Since PAKBuild 2.14 doesn't even recognize them as usable files.

nevermind, figured it out. Now to test on SVN4192.
It worked. It was the c2c.fpk (for me anyway), as that was the only one I unpacked. It was done by staring a save game from 3564 and no other prep work (I even kept the BTS cache).

What program did you use to unpack the fpk files?

Specifically, since I have Vista 64, what version? Since PAKBuild 2.14 doesn't even recognize them as usable files.

nevermind, figured it out. Now to test on SVN4192.
It worked. It was the c2c.fpk (for me anyway), as that was the only one I unpacked. It was done by staring a save game from 3564 and no other prep work (I even kept the BTS cache).

OK now do the opposite then, keep C2C in FPK and the others in the regular files, and if you dont mind 1 X 1.:mischief:

Intel Core-i7-920, 6GB of RAM, ATI HD 4870 512 MB

I had a HD 4650 w/512Mb. But after v22 of the Mod updated toa MSI R6450 w/2GB DDR3 ram for ~$60 USD and have not had a single problem with graphics so far.

But it would seen Desolator has found the problem, great!

And Thanks for helping and not baling on the Mod.

JosEPh :)

Now that you got it working can you do me a favor then, Start out with the NORMAL C2C, and see if you get the BT.

If so, un-pack each FPK separate, BUT only one at a time, ie C2C and leave the others in the FPK and start up and see if the BT is there, etc etc, that way I can nail it down to which FPK is causing the problem. THX if you do it.:)
OK. I was thinking the same thing.

EDIT: Report 1 by 1

C2C.FPK only - Black Tiles :(
DancingH_0.FPK only - Black Tiles :(
Hydro.FPK - 1st test - No Black Tiles !!! :) - 2nd Test - Black Tiles :(
Structures.FPK - Black Tiles :(
Terrain.FPK - 1st test - No Black Tiles !!! :) - 2nd Test - No Black Tiles !!! :)
Units.FPK - Black Tiles :(

Hope this helps - I lost 2 hours of "gaming time" ;)

I'll try to open each file manually in the terrain.fpk see if I can isolate further.

C2C.FPK only - Black Tiles :(
Terrain.FPK - 1st test - No Black Tiles !!! :) - 2nd Test - No Black Tiles !!!

Now see, it isn't the same for everyone. In my case, it was c2c that was the problem (though I was tempted to try terrain first as that would have been the logical one, I would think).

EDIT---I'm not going to bother and try each one at a time myself, as I don't really have time in the next few days (and it involves exporting the SVN several times (which takes about 15 minutes each time, plus another 5 to copy to a new location, plus another 5-10 to load the mod) to get the original files, plus you did it already).

I'm going to be honest here and I still think something else is "wrong", as the fpk files didn't change at all between SVN3564 and when I started having problems. This is a "cure", but not a "preventitive".

EDIT #2---each revision does get worse, however. SVN4192 just needed c2c.fpk unpacked. SVN4222 didn't work with both c2c and terrain unpacked, so I simply did them all to save time. Curiously, when copying back into the proper folders there were duplicates (already there, not duplicates in the fpk). This may be one of the problems.

EDIT #2---each revision does get worse, however. SVN4192 just needed c2c.fpk unpacked. SVN4222 didn't work with both c2c and terrain unpacked, so I simply did them all to save time. Curiously, when copying back into the proper folders there were duplicates (already there, not duplicates in the fpk). This may be one of the problems.

@StrategyOnly Given the suggestion of duplicates existing do you reckon we should redo our FPK's? I'll see if I can go through and find where the duplicates are happening anyway just as a start.

I am now getting black tiles also with V27 and later SVN updates. Never had a problem in the past, even on Gigantic maps. I have Windows 7 w/AMD Athlon II x4 635 4 GB RAM and ATI Radeon HD 4200

@StrategyOnly Given the suggestion of duplicates existing do you reckon we should redo our FPK's? I'll see if I can go through and find where the duplicates are happening anyway just as a start.

Sorry )it might be the meds, but i dont understand what he or you are saying sorry:blush:.

Sorry )it might be the meds, but i dont understand what he or you are saying sorry:blush:.

No problem. Since you do the main FPKs any duplicates that exist will be in Hydro's or my FPKs. I am checking mine now. Just the units to check. I have found a few button duplicates most of which I can just delete from my FPK. One on mine is "better" than the one on yours so I will move it from mine to core. The only other so far is that there are two unit buttons called manta.dds one for the fish and one for a ship. I'll change mine and the fish unit art defines. Now to check for duplicates in the units folder. ;)

No problem. Since you do the main FPKs any duplicates that exist will be in Hydro's or my FPKs. I am checking mine now. Just the units to check. I have found a few button duplicates most of which I can just delete from my FPK. One on mine is "better" than the one on yours so I will move it from mine to core. The only other so far is that there are two unit buttons called manta.dds one for the fish and one for a ship. I'll change mine and the fish unit art defines. Now to check for duplicates in the units folder. ;)

OK i get it, thats the kind of problem we just had on the Adventurer we had it listed twice in the TXT area and it was causing problems:blush:, so i just re-named my stuff.

Unfortunately it turns out that there were not and glaring problems here, but i will update my FPK as soon as I put the new animal art in it.

Spoiler :
Duplicates:
Art/Interface/Buttons/Buildings
- HuntingLodge.dds
- mormon_cathedral.dds
- mormon_monastery.dds
- mormon_shrine.dds
- mormon_temple.dds​
Art/Interface/Buttons/Promotions
- deception1.dds
- deception2.dds
- deception3.dds
- heal.dds
- seaanimals.dds
- udg_free.dds (slavery promotion)​
Art/Interface/Buttons/religions
- Mormonism.dds
- Mormonism_d.dds
- Sikhism.dds
- Sikhism_d.dds
- Jainism.dds
- Jainism_d.dds​
Art/Interface/Buttons/units
- Warballoon.dds
- Assult_Ship_Button.dds
- Barbary_Corsair.dds
- barrageBalloon.dds
- Blimp.dds
- Drone.dds
- EarlyBalloon.dds
- F4_Button.dds
- F4U_Button.dds
- F14_Button.dds
- F18_Button.dds
- F22_Button.dds
- F104_Button.dds
- F111_Button.dds
- FireBalloon.dds
- Hawk.dds - replace the C2C one with the one in DH
- Manta.dds (one is an animal (DH) the other is a construct (c2c)) Change animal one to Manta_Ray.dds
- Medic_Button.dds
- SteampunkBalloons.dds​
Art/Structures/Buildings
- Zizkov
- HuntingLodge​
Art/Units
- Voodoo_dog **
- workermarine
- cog
- fait_38 **
- hawk
- hospitalship **
- medic
- militia_infantry
- militia_pitchforkman
- Opel **
- Panda
** these had their contents split between the core and my FPK so I moved them into core to make it easier to maintain later.

Unfortunately it turns out that there were not and glaring problems here, but i will update my FPK as soon as I put the new animal art in it. these had their contents split between the core and my FPK so I moved them into core to make it easier to maintain later.[/SPOILER]

Dang actually thats quite a bit of overlapping, thx for doing that;)

As I recall, we'd long ago determined that Black Tiles were being caused by any overlaps like these. It's my suspicion correcting these will clear up the vast majority of black tile problems.

So GREAT job there DH!

As I recall, we'd long ago determined that Black Tiles were being caused by any overlaps like these. It's my suspicion correcting these will clear up the vast majority of black tile problems.

So GREAT job there DH!

Interesting. When I unpacked the fpks, I had them overwrite the duplicates. I'll try ASAP without unpacking to see if I still get the black tiles (I was a little peeved this morning with the 325MB SVN update, but now I see why---well, this and the mp3s anyway).

If this does work, it will save me about 5 minutes in the pre-load time. If it doesn't, I can live with the extra 5 minutes and no fpks. It's certainly better than futzing around for an hour trying something else (and I've updated 3 times now by unpacking the files and it has worked each time, though I do all of them just in case).

EDIT--4262 didn't work packed (but did unpacked of course). There were still 4-5 duplicates in c2c.fpk (this was an hour ago and I didn't write them down), and 3 in the other ones (two buttons and "voodoo dog") if that makes any difference.

Just found a little glitch I'd like to report:

When you get a great general and have it selected with another unit (in my case a horse rider) and then click on the "use great general as field commander" button, the other unit he was selected with at that time becomes a "field commander unit". It has no command range (although as the screenie shows "control 0/0") but its xp requirements for updates are like those of a field commander. In my case that was bad as the normal upgrades were 2/5/10/17/... but my horse now had like 3/7/15/25/...

edit sry posted in wrong thread - please switch to general bugs thread :mischief:

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0095.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0095.JPG
    208.5 KB · Views: 56
Just found a little glitch I'd like to report:

When you get a great general and have it selected with another unit (in my case a horse rider) and then click on the "use great general as field commander" button, the other unit he was selected with at that time becomes a "field commander unit". It has no command range (although as the screenie shows "control 0/0") but its xp requirements for updates are like those of a field commander. In my case that was bad as the normal upgrades were 2/5/10/17/... but my horse now had like 3/7/15/25/...

edit sry posted in wrong thread - please switch to general bugs thread :mischief:

Which flag is that, and how current are you on the SVN??

If overlapping between FPKs is a problem, then the C2C FPKs need to be checked against the base Civ FPKs as well.

EDIT--4262 didn't work packed (but did unpacked of course). There were still 4-5 duplicates in c2c.fpk (this was an hour ago and I didn't write them down), and 3 in the other ones (two buttons and "voodoo dog") if that makes any difference.

Don't tell me I uploaded an old version of my FPK:( Voodoo Doge was one of those I moved from my FPK to the core one so there would not be any duplicates!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom