Analysis of Romney's defeat

I just think that with all the emotion of the loss, they shouldn't make rash decision and wait a few months before deciding what to do. Losing the US presidency is not the be all and end all of politics.

Translation: Take a deep breath, and then RUN TO THE RIGHT AS FAST AS YOU CAN!

The issue was no one liked Romney and the far right is shrinking as a percentage of the entire population. The republicans will lose every election unless they stop tayloring to the racist crowd.

I'm talking about right after the aftermath, people's emotions will be riding high an thus they will make the wrong decision. Calm heads are needed not rash decisions.

No no, you're absolutely correct.

I was giving you crap, but you're on the mark here. The emotional decision would, in fact, be to purify and move right. The cooler-headed decision is to realign the party a bit.

Booooring. I prefer the party of insane lunatics. Their tears have a certain tang, a strange heady flavour.

You guys are forgetting the national conventions of both parties. Even WITHOUT the Bill Clinton speech at the DNC the DNC was vastly superior to the RNC. Clint Eastwood having an unscripted conversation with a chair about why Obama stinks is terrible at best.

Throughout the RNC, at least of them were so ineffective in their speeches that I don't think most voters even took them seriously. Even without Bill Clinton, most of the Democrat speakers were at least halfway decent. With Bill Clinton, it created such a quality gap between the two conventions that the Mitt Romney was never able to truly recover unless Obama just got in a scandal or something.

You guys are forgetting the national conventions of both parties. Even WITHOUT the Bill Clinton speech at the DNC the DNC was vastly superior to the RNC. Clint Eastwood having an unscripted conversation with a chair about why Obama stinks is terrible at best.

Throughout the RNC, at least of them were so ineffective in their speeches that I don't think most voters even took them seriously. Even without Bill Clinton, most of the Democrat speakers were at least halfway decent. With Bill Clinton, it created such a quality gap between the two conventions that the Mitt Romney was never able to truly recover unless Obama just got in a scandal or something.

Okay, but why?

A crazy old man arguing with an imaginary Obama is pretty much exactly what the GOP is.

They can't fix these things. They fundamentally are these things.

Okay, but why?

A crazy old man arguing with an imaginary Obama is pretty much exactly what the GOP is.

They can't fix these things. They fundamentally are these things.

True, but they could have at least stuck with "Old school" conservative tactics instead of what they did this year, which was completely idiotic.

Republicans used to come across as "boring", and frankly, I think they need to go back to that. Now they just come across as "crazy". Seriously, instead of letting these lunies speak, just get the big men in their three piece suits that have excellent 401 k's and let them talk about why "free trade" and "conservative decisions" are best.

Some independent voters would have actually listened to that, because a LOT of them didn't like Obama that much. But no, instead they had to go on their freak show and scare away the majority of voters that were in the political center.

It would be like the democratic party letting Bill Maher speak at the DNC. Yes both parties have freaks, but why choose them to represent your party at the convention? If you can't find anyone good, at least find someone dull. But many of them were actually worse than nothing. A 12 year old could have done better.

That was funny but to be fair I'm not sure how accurate it was. Just because they're white and look sad doesn't automatically mean they're morning Romney. Without them holding a Romney sign or something, there's no way to really know.

That was funny but to be fair I'm not sure how accurate it was. Just because they're white and look sad doesn't automatically mean they're morning Romney. Without them holding a Romney sign or something, there's no way to really know.

If you look at the tweet and where it came from, they are actually mourning Romney.

I especially love the quote "I guess this world is just too evil for Mitt Romney to be president."

Note: I voted McCain last time around but Romney is just too much. And the far right really turns me off.

If you look at the tweet and where it came from, they are actually mourning Romney.

Ah, touche. I just noticed that. Yeah, they're pretty pathetic. :p

I especially love the quote "I guess this world is just too evil for Mitt Romney to be president."
Yeah, I think whoever said that should become a writer for Colbert.

Note: I voted McCain last time around but Romney is just too much. And the far right really turns me off.

I didn't vote at all because I didn't like either one of them. :mischief:

btw, I liked

Rip America. :(

So, after the mourning period, outside of elections, people will rally round and support their president and head of state, as is the patriotic, American way, right?

So, after the mourning period, outside of elections, people will rally round and support their president and head of state, as is the patriotic, American way, right?

Haha, no.

They're starting the Teahad already. Reaganhu Ackbar!

But I thought that that was the mantra when Bush was in office. Don't tell me that people are *gasp* hypocritical??

Top Bottom