TerraNES: The Civil Experiment

Central Seas
Spoiler :
Announcement by Sicilian Spartans, under Spartacus VI
Spoiler :
We hereby announce the availability of 2 Vanguard Units for hire as mercenaries. These unique troops are worth [5EP each] in training and armor, having trained both under the Thloryn Hoplites AND the Cytrian Generals to become the best body guard, defensive, assault, and all around BEST soldiers in the entire world. We go on a case by case basis. In addition, in the rare possibility that our mercenaries are whipped out we ask for a mere 1 EP blood money, although if we consider their loss to be bad generalship, we ask for the full 5EP to train the next generation. May the bidding begin!

Kingdom of Leon
Spoiler :
From Lamari, King Lawaki
Shall we begin? I propose that we break the back of the Turdetani Kingdom and destroy their hold over the straits as the first step to unify the Kordobans under my rule and your overlordship

From Sardinia, Eldest Vopulius Kato Unfinii
We thank you for all you have done for us and we gave you what you wished. May we maintain our friendship for now until the future.

From Arles, Administrator Celvin.
Greetings, Titan of the Valyrian Seas. We are merely humble druids and traders and we wish to make a greeting.

From the Iron Lancers, the Iron Prophet Jonnah
Greetings, Titan of the Valyrian Seas. You seem to be wearing the crown of old, yet you are not of the Faith. Fear not, for we have nothing strictly against you. However, Mediolanum is our true foe as is the Zirilists. If you promise to not intervene in our coming war against Mediolanum, we will hand over the ruins of an Provencial city by Arles and protect you in the eyes of the Faith, despite what you have done to the formerly Faithful Leonese I’ve read about.

Kingdom of Mediolanum
Spoiler :
From Tarase, Chief Renatarus and Arawn’s Chosen Laura
We congratulate on your final decision to reject Katan. If it comes to war against them, you have our support.
From Apulian Rebels
We will try again, but this time we need more support than what you gave last time namely, (3ep instead of 1ep). Can you aid us?
From Several Illyrian Tribes
We are interested with joining you, but we are worried that our identity and our rights as Illyrians will not be respected by your (nativist) attitude.
OOC: This is from Update 17. You can change policy as of NOW.
From Some Epirus Folks
Long have we prospered under Ctesiphod’s Republic, and long have we suffered under the Katanic yoke. If you pledge to return to a Republic of some kind after defeating Katan, we will rise when your call comes and join you in your victory.
From Tribes of the Veiled Mountains (Alps)
From the north comes a grave threat! Skilled archers pulled by great demons speaking the name of Masgard and Odane! Help us! Defend yourself!

Commonwealth of Utica
Spoiler :
From Sicilian Spartans, under Spartacus VI
We shall keep 1 Vanguard unit at home. However, not only will they defend our homes but also all of Zirilia as needed to honor our friendship.

From Zirilists of the Central Sea
We wish to rebuild Toras-Noth to its former glory and hold the traditional Ziril-wine under the plume of Ziril herself. Can you support us with 3EP? We will gather more with donations!

From Sardinia Zirilists
We used to be one nation, but now we are two. The Faithful in Sardinia are growing alarmed at the increase of our religion, but we see a chance. Send an army, and we can take over Sardinia and hand the republic to Ziril!

From Novaricum
The Levantine merchants are growing ever more mettlesome. We wish to act against them and hopefully take their Aegean lands. Work with us, and the city and lands of (Tripoli) Woet shall be yours. Please discuss details as soon as possible.

Thloryn Trade Union
Spoiler :
From Novaricum
We’re preparing a war against the League: Our goal is a conquest of the Aegean and its trade. We hope you have detailed maps of the region we can use. Also, we hope your significant mercantile resources can be used to help cripple Levantine trade. Please discuss details as soon as possible.

High Kingdom of Katan
Spoiler :
From Varna
We are willing to give you details of our former allies, the Dorians and their remants, for a price. Give me your offer.

From Dorian Remnants and Slaves
Make it stop. OH GODS MAKE IT STOP PLEASE!

From the Levantine League, Administrator Kosach
Oh look, we dropped 2EP. Looks like it is your lucky day. You can have it. And thanks for letting us dominate the Aegean trade routes, it’s been a pleasure.

From Novaricum
We are planning a war against the League. Our goals are only in the Aegean and on the seas- any gains in the Levant itself shall be yours. We wish for your support, if not to attack the League, to at least cut off their current dominance of the Aegean trade routes. Please discuss details as soon as possible.

Announcement by the Levantine League, under Administrator Kosach, to Katan, Hyak and Egypt
All these offers and plots do nothing but destabilize the League. Let’s go to the bargaining table. The state which will offer the most benefits for the least amount of things the League must give up, the League as a whole will vassalize itself under it.

Keepers of the Codex
Spoiler :
From the Levantine League, Administrator Kosach
We are willing to support your massive project with 1EP, and 2 more EP if you help convince Katan to not look to Levea for expansion.

From Katanic Faithful of Exnotist Takarzite Kitabailism
The Melody in Apulia is heinous heresy. We ask for you to denounce the lot of them!

From Varna
For years, along the Danube River, we have heard rumors of civilizations. We are willing to send a large merchant expedition upriver to explore these rumors. Can you send a unit of your Knights both to support this expedition as well as to convert any natives we find?

The Grand Cradle
Spoiler :
Announcement by the Levantine League, under Administrator Kosach, to Katan, Hyak and Egypt
Spoiler :
All these offers and plots do nothing but destabilize the League. Let’s go to the bargaining table. The state which will offer the most benefits for the least amount of things the League must give up, the League as a whole will vassalize itself under it.

United Egyptian Empire
Spoiler :
Unaligned Lybian Tribes
We are willing to join you completely if you go to war with our rivals, the tribes supported by Novaricum and even Novaricum itself.

Nirilists
Your rule is not legitimate. We shall resist in the name of the everflowing Nile! Nothing can stop it, only slow down its inevitable triumph.

Cyprus
We still remember our homeland. If you send a fleet and land an army, we shall hand over Cyprus over to you and all the ships we find there.

Kingdom of Axum
Spoiler :
From Teripian Tibes
The Eterikans are tyrants! If you invade them we will throw off our yokes and support you!

From Kush Rebels
The Nirilist Uprising may be our last chance to break free. Send us as much money as possible, at least 4EP, and we have a fighting chance of success.

From Hormun under dual Kings Laren and Iorden
That was good business. Now, let’s talk business. A direct Dakinsan-Egyptian trade route, Dakinsan-Hyakkid, or Hyakkid-Egyptian trade route hurts everyone. If we start hiring corsairs on each power, blaming it on the others, we can take control of ALL the trade ourselves! Gujarat, although wary of the attempt to frame them, is willing to join us in our plan. Let the second-rate powers dominate the trade of the first!

High Kingdom of Hyak
Spoiler :
From Doussa, King Dalamas
We wish to ensure peace between us. I declare Doussa a land of peace and self defense, and that my kingdom shall forever more fall under your mandate. This I vow. (not vassalage, just same agreement you gave to League under the declaration)

From Boukae
Once our son rises to the Throne, he may consider Boukae to be among his personal dominions.

From Medea, Shah Dalek
These pesky Aramyans, and assimilationist Medeans. They’re such a handful! How can you control them effectively as you did?

Dakinsa Raj
Spoiler :
From Gujarat
We do not know ANYTHING about the pirate attacks, honest!

From Hyperabad
It is obviously Gujarat.

From the Aryan Empire
Pay a tribute of 10EP to me every turn, or you too shall face the tender mercies of the Master Race.

From Aryan Tribes
We still demand 5EP every turn. Or else we will turn on you! As of now, we have a nice thing going, where we try to not raid you and stop others from doing so, and you raid yourself and hand the proceeds to us.

Keltia
Spoiler :
ANNOUNCEMENT by High Trinitarian Korra Blessed by Morrigan and Iron Prophet Jonnah
Spoiler :
The nation of HAMBERG shall be considered to be under joint protection of the Iron Lancers and the Trinity. It’s Druids and Faithful shall be brought back to the orthodoxy, and it shall be granted all the lands of its Lsinore cousins including the islands facing the north sea.

ANNOUNCEMENT by Administrator Karl of the Union of Brygantia
Spoiler :
We propose that the Woadites be brought under our heel first, then rehabilitated later with rehab being required for government positions, and roving bands of man to use the “final solution” on individual villages. No, I don’t mean kill, I mean quarantine with only food and no woad until it comes out of their system, and the burning of all woad fields. But that is Later. Now, we must gain control of the hitherland and form a borderzone, behind which we can rehabilitate without fear of smuggling.

ANNOUNCEMENT by the Iron Lancers to Armorica and Buertgang
Spoiler :
There are several unorganized Ostavan tribes between us. We should discuss their fate.

Armorican Empire
Spoiler :
From the Iron Lancers, Iron Prophet Jonnah
You have passed our test… so far.

From the Kingdom of Dumonos
These Woadites are so stubborn! We should prepare for all out war and wipe out all the stubborn ones. And despite whatever they claim, we still consider you our one and only true friend.

From Corona
We have come to pay our respects.

From the Daughters of the Trinity, High Trinitarian Korra blessed by Morrigan
We have come to make sure that you approve of our foreign policy. In addition, the slavery of Arles by the Iron lancers concern us greatly. We also hear news of the survival of the Sufrenks under the Tarase Confederacy.

Kingdom of the Alfrenks
Spoiler :
From the Iron Lancers
We thank you again for your many years of peace.

From Corona
Can you send aid to help us continue to establish our government?

From the Daughters of the Trinity
You may still be Druids, but we will not forget your betrayal of Armorica during the Holy War, no matter what reasons you may conceive. Morrigan has a long memory, and so do we.

From the Hifrenks
Although we’d prefer our independence, we will join you if Leon continues to expand into our lands.

Buertgang Empire of the Bloody Throne
[
Spoiler :
B]From the Iron Lancers[/B]
Thank you for your cooperation. Your land has been cleansed and purified. We shall be on our way to defend the Faith.

From Danyaria
We are still your vassal, oh great lords of the bloody throne.

From Kentus
These Woadites are so freaking annoying. There is still great honor to be gained on the battlefields of Brygantia, and although they say otherwise, we still consider you our one and only overlord. Will you help us?

Vahshallah Empire
Spoiler :
All that needs to be said was addressed already. Good job. :goodjob:

I did not diplo for Xilan or any of the minor cradles yet.

No horses yet. Ridable ones, at least. I'll assume it is a chariot you got somewhere. :)

What is this about feats Terrance?
After spending 4 turns in the middle bronze age, advancement to the late bronze age is allowed AFTER I approve of a possible "feat". Such "feats" are amazing uses of bronze which represents the pinnacle of bronze age achievement of your culture (and gives a tiny boost as well). Some historic feats: Greeks had armor which "melds" onto the wearer and holds on without straps or weakpoints. The Chinese were extremely proficient with their metal casting, initiating both some of the first mass production of bronzes as well as very intricate pieces.

What possible feats are there... WHATEVER YOU WANT. I don't care if it is possible in real life or not, if it sounds plausible enough to me, and no one protests when I post it in update, it's game. Real life feats of awesomeness are ok, but I really prefer real life INSPIRED feats with matching infomation.

Feats do not exist in isolation. Mastering a feat also indicates a true mastery of bronze itself, and not merely the formula and methods for large-scale production.

After I accepted a feat, the progress between Bronze to late Bronze shall continue as usual, with the usual benefits for direct spending, indirect spending, infrastructure, war, and stories.

Possible Feats NPCs are thinking about.
Levantine League: Bronze-reinforced hulls.
Guo Duchy- Massive Bronze Statues, like today's Bhuddas
Shangyi- Light but strong bronze armor
Xiong Khanate-Light-but strong armored chariots and charioteers
Tarase- Intricate bronze crafts and idols.

Meh, it was the only king looking norse unit in the game that wasn't a hero unit. And hero units tend to crumple like wet tissue against anything but a myth unit.

I would like to propose I enter the Late Bronze Age, with early use of Iron as my feat. Iron is a stronger metal than bronze, allowing for more efficient EVERYTHING. But you can dial that down if you so desire.

Early Iron isn't more efficient, only more available. Only until the rise of beaten iron/early steel during the Iron age (in some places) or the dying out of bronze (in others) did Iron take over and processes to harden it were developed.

Basically, Iron has a greater potentiel for strength than bronze, but that is harder to get to. :3. Will give you, as I said, a boost to your economy with lots of metal to use for farming, as well as boost to getting normal Iron ages.

Proposal for Ulyani advancement to Late Bronze:

Ulyani smiths and leather workers set to work on improving what they see as a cumbersome design of armour for the Silent Guards. The end product is a leather-mounted set of 'scales' - easy but time-consuming to produce, yet very flexible and light to wear. The already impressive abilities of the Silent Guard are enhanced with this armour, allowing the deadly combination of good protection and free movement.

(We are 4 turns Bronze this turn.)

Diplomacy from the United Egyptian Empire

to Novaricum:
It would seem you host Libyan tribes under your protection, tribes that have been fighting Libyan tribes that we have been fighting. As you know the old saying "The Enemy of your enemy is your friend", we propose you will discuss with your Libyan tribes and perhaps an alliance to eradicate the rebellious Libyan tribes would be right.

to Niritilist peasant scum:
The gods look upon your rebellion with anger. (ooc: will soon add story about the asteroid). Surrender from your idiocy before I will slaughter you all. None will be there to protect you.

to Egypto-Cypriotes:
Your idea sounds fine. A force will be dispatched soon, hopefully unopposed. The gods and king will soon smile upon your lands as well.

to Hyak and the League:
As the league is nearing collapse we must discuss how the pieces will be shared before the Katanic hordes come and devour all of the free people of the Levantine coast.
-- Egyptian demands from the league are simple. Cyprus and Acre are to be annexed to the empire.
-- Byblos and Ugarit must become free city states with Byblos being under direct Egyptian protection, and Ugarit under Egyptian and Hyaki protection, if Hyak wishes to protect the city as well.

to Semites and Bedouin tribes:
Egypt is willing to sign an agreement with your people to allow for the peaceful settling of your people within our borders.

OOC: Axume - I want to demand tribute. Think I should? I want tribute damn it.

Attachments

• untitled.PNG
    untitled.PNG
    30.7 KB · Views: 54
The Nihrilists took Wajetosaphir in surprise early in his rule. They were peasant priests that preached the freedom of the peasants from the king and country. They preached freedom, and more worryingly – anarchy. The first few years of Nihrilist uprisings were small and unimportant, small forces easily calmed the southern territories, and the religion seemed to not gain support. But with a lack of direction from the king of Egypt, the policing forces did not peruse the leaders of the religion that were allowed to continue and preach against the king and the empire.

When Wajetosaphir brought his attention to the rebellious territory it was already almost too late. Battles were waged across southern Egypt and Northern Nubia, as huge peasant armies fought the trained forces of Egypt. The peasant priests were a powerful throne in Wajetosaphir's side, a thorn that refused to be removed, and constantly moved his plans further in time, closer to death. One major uprising nearly conquered Thebes. Such a success would have put the king in shame and shambles, and break the empire into two.

The King knew time is working against him. He called upon his generals and vizier and devised a plan to keep fighting the Nihrilists to the last one, while pushing them further away from the river. Unlike the policing forces in the past, the king oversaw this war personally, and personally joined in the hunting down of major Nihrilist leaders.

Slowly, this first war of the Nile peasants died out with the Nihrilist priests and Wajetosaphir refused to die. He was nearing 80 years old as he sat in his small shrine to Hapi and prayed for a good flood and for a hint against those who call themselves the river priests.

He looked up through the open roof of the shrine, looking at the moon. He knew there was an eclipse coming, his priests already told him to prey well this eclipse. What none knew was the fire in the skies that suddenly came.

"What to do about those who dare speak in your behalf?"
A great red ball of fire crossed the sky.
"I will annihilate them all, their blood will be spilled like the redness of your heavenly fire."
Suddenly more of the balls of fire raged through the sky, at least three balls of red fire crossed the sky.
"More enemies for Egypt? To kill and bleed to the last one?"

In his mind the king knew the answer. There tide has come to the shores of Egypt. The Levantine League was already crumbling and beyond it… Beyond it were the blood thirsty empires, those built in the name of gods of blood and death. War and chaos. With the Levantine full collapse, Egypt will find itself with a new front, with much more powerful allies and enemies.

"Call my vizier. There are three wars awaiting us."

I was bored so I made two maps.

The Known Egyptian world
With Egyptian and League city-names, and major kingdoms and seas names.

The Known Egyptian Trade
Thin white lines are known and used trade routes by Egyptian vessels.
Thick white lines are the routes with the highest Egyptian vessel traffic. (Trade with Katan could have been much higher but the kings of Egypt have always had a distaste to the Katanic Empire and worked against free trade with Katan.
Orange circles are trade ports that currently interest the Egyptian government and merchants the most. Will most likely ease down as people get used to all the new places.

Attachments

• knownttrade.png
    knownttrade.png
    84.7 KB · Views: 197
  • knownworld.png
    knownworld.png
    88 KB · Views: 215
Diplomacy from the United Egyptian Empire

to Novaricum:
It would seem you host Libyan tribes under your protection, tribes that have been fighting Libyan tribes that we have been fighting. As you know the old saying "The Enemy of your enemy is your friend", we propose you will discuss with your Libyan tribes and perhaps an alliance to eradicate the rebellious Libyan tribes would be right.
This shall be done.
to Niritilist peasant scum:
The gods look upon your rebellion with anger. (ooc: will soon add story about the asteroid). Surrender from your idiocy before I will slaughter you all. None will be there to protect you.
The mighty nile shall flow forever.
to Egypto-Cypriotes:
Your idea sounds fine. A force will be dispatched soon, hopefully unopposed. The gods and king will soon smile upon your lands as well.
We await with bated breath for our fate.
to Hyak and the League:
As the league is nearing collapse we must discuss how the pieces will be shared before the Katanic hordes come and devour all of the free people of the Levantine coast.
-- Egyptian demands from the league are simple. Cyprus and Acre are to be annexed to the empire.
-- Byblos and Ugarit must become free city states with Byblos being under direct Egyptian protection, and Ugarit under Egyptian and Hyaki protection, if Hyak wishes to protect the city as well.
From Tyre
The wholesale dismemberment of the League is NOT what we wish nor intend. We were and remain free and independent peoples of the Levant, united under the laughter of Exnot and the fist of Takarzi, preaching the ways of the Scions of Kitab and practicing the mercantile routes since ancient times. My vote shall be completely against this proposal. Nay. Nay. Nay.

From Damascus
If we are established as overlord and arbitor of the region, and the go-to authority for the Levant as a whole, we will not resist this. If otherwise, however, we will resist with all our might. We abstain.

From Acre
We will not like this, but we don't see how we can resist if the League doesn't back us and would surrendur without the support of the Administrator's Army. We abstain.

From Byblos and Ugarit
Freedom! Freedom from the Tyrian yoke! Aye!

From Sidon
I do not think this is a good idea. I vote against this proposal, Nay.

From the Administrator
I shall reserve judgement until the Hyakkid response.

to Semites and Bedouin tribes:
Egypt is willing to sign an agreement with your people to allow for the peaceful settling of your people within our borders.

OOC: Axume - I want to demand tribute. Think I should? I want tribute damn it.
From Semites
Please describe the details of our new homes and your rule.

From the Bedouins
Why? When we can take what we want?

From Sicilian Spartans, under Spartacus VI
We shall keep 1 Vanguard unit at home. However, not only will they defend our homes but also all of Zirilia as needed to honor our friendship.

Excellent. May our friendship be long and fruitful.

From Zirilists of the Central Sea
We wish to rebuild Toras-Noth to its former glory and hold the traditional Ziril-wine under the plume of Ziril herself. Can you support us with 3EP? We will gather more with donations!

Of course. Consider it done.

From Sardinia Zirilists
We used to be one nation, but now we are two. The Faithful in Sardinia are growing alarmed at the increase of our religion, but we see a chance. Send an army, and we can take over Sardinia and hand the republic to Ziril!

We are sorry, but we do not want to risk antagonizing the Kingdom of Leon. However, it you are ever oppressed or persecuted, be sure to contact us.

From Novaricum
The Levantine merchants are growing ever more mettlesome. We wish to act against them and hopefully take their Aegean lands. Work with us, and the city and lands of (Tripoli) Woet shall be yours. Please discuss details as soon as possible.

We accept. I presume you are talking about a war with the Levantine League? Though recent news from there, as well as rumours we have heard are telling us that we may not even need to go to war as the League collapses. However, we would like to hear Katan's opinion on this as well... for obvious reasons.

The Utican response to the large meteor shower

(Words of the High Priest) Ziril is sending us a message, but we cannot be sure what it is. It is an omen for the future, but whether it is good or bad we cannot tell yet.

Top Bottom