FFH -- We don't betray or kill all of our allies

I will try rebasing to bruti when I get home tonight.

Yes, please PM him, I'm afraid our bickering has ended his enthusiasm.

I will try rebasing to bruti when I get home tonight.

Yes, please PM him, I'm afraid our bickering has ended his enthusiasm.
Thank you :)

Did send the PM, hope everything's fine with him.

Folket, would you like to have the next turnset? Lord Civius didn't react to my PM and he didn't log in since his last post. Maybe we should mark him on hiatus and he can then join in again as soon as he returns.

Also: did you try to replace the hawk to Bruti?

Some other findings in Tholal's mod:
Spoiler :
Sometimes (but not in general) HAs can get the Flanking III promos directly. (They are not supposed to.)

River of Blood has sometimes no effect on me when not playing the Calabim (I don't lose pop). Yet again it sometimes does. With the Calabim I've always gained 2 pop so far.

The AI seems to ignore disposition thresholds when going to war. In my previous try Einion was pleased with me when we met, due to some past events, then went friendly as we started sharing religion and trading. Then declared on me, when we started having border tensions (which might have dropped him to pleased but not to cautious). According to CIV4LeaderHeadInfos.xml he does not plot at pleased and cannot be bribed in against me either. I don't know what this mod does but it's so buggy it's not even funny.

I can take the TS.

As for hawk. Yes, I was unable to rebase it to bruti. I wonder how I have not seen this one before I have played a few games and always used hawks.

HA can get Flanking III directly if you do not have something else that gives withdraw chance. Like defensive or Horselords. Same as FFH2.

Physho AI has always been part of FFH2. Perhaps it is worse now. But I will post all of this in their thread and see how they respond.

HA can get Flanking III directly if you do not have something else that gives withdraw chance. Like defensive or Horselords. Same as FFH2.
That's great info, thanks :) I didn't really notice this in the original mod but then I was rather testing the new stuff like spells and religions and didn't focus on mounted knowing they're awesome in BtS as well.
Physho AI has always been part of FFH2. Perhaps it is worse now. But I will post all of this in their thread and see how they respond.
Yes but the AI being able to ignore its normal behaviour defined in CIV4LeaderHeadInfos.xml kills all strategy aspects in the game. If you cannot plan your diplo and can't even count on them NOT declaring on you when they're already at war, you're at a serious handicap and they will just dogpile you all because you're the weakest they find. That just shouldn't happen. BtS made a serious effort to correct these aspects (earlier Civ versions did have built in AI-dogpiles-human features).

OK, so let's move on then :)

PPP
Finish WotF
Start AH

Plant FoL in Capital. Start temple there. Before that build hunters.

Gereth Minar finish a warrior and start settler.

^^Do you think we need more hunters urgently? Can we fit in a pagan temple before the temple of leves to be able to run two priests in Thariss?

Once the hawk is finished I will scout south and see what killed Falamar. I will then use my best judgement on whether to delay hunters or not.

Once the hawk is finished I will scout south and see what killed Falamar. I will then use my best judgement on whether to delay hunters or not.
Yep, scouting is very sensible right now. Also, I guess it's useful to finish the third hunter in any case. Sure, may Esus be with you :)

Feel free to stop the game if something unexpected comes up. (Like Auric ante portas :lol:)

T142
Found Illian Settler moving north. He's worst enemy is Luchuirp, but we will share borders soon.

T144
Great Prophet born far away.

T145
FoL spread in capital?!
Got a disciple from finishing WotF.

T146
The night sun moved into prominance. We could not care less.

Attachments

• Faeryl Viconia AD-0147.CivBeyondSwordSave
    194.7 KB · Views: 104
Auric has 13 skirmishers in Innsmount. On open ground we could kill them. If we see them come walking over we can cause massive looses by attacking them when crossing the dessert.

Shall we get poison after AH. Or cartography?

Thanks for the TS, Folket. Got it.

So this is how we stand:
Spoiler :

To my experience with this psycho mod this means Auric will come for us.

Long term plan: get a prophet from Thariss and bulb Hidden Paths, We should now tech Crafting / Mining for some production (Way of the Earthmother is lower on the bulb list). Another way would be to tech towards Slavery but if we tech Pilosophy the GP will bulb Priesthood (which is not bad either, but Hidden Paths is more important for us atm). TBH I see no reason to start teching a ~60-turn-tech like Poisons or Animal Handling. Alternatively, if we finish AH and see horses somewhere we could get HBR.

The goal for us now is to settle the third city safely and consolidate. We'll have to fight Auric sooner or later.

PPP

Tech: finish AH, tech Crafting --> Mining. (Tech HBR if there are horses nearby?)

Switch Thariss to hammer tiles, finish the hunter and build a temple of leaves for another priest (to be dropped after we have the GP). Gereth Minar can pick up the FP villages (I don't understand why it was using the unimproved 1F2H hill for the settler).

Gereth Minar: finish settler and pray. It doesn't have any good hammer tiles yet so we can't utilize it for units. Lucky FotL spread, so we can spread the religion here as well. :) As soon as it pops it can have another cottage on the 1F2H tile. I'd rather have a mine on the hill.

In fact Gereth Minar's desert tiles will now come in handy if Auric chooses to attack. As long as he doesn't have priests of winter we can beat him in the open with guerilla tactics.

You missed that we have a disciple? It will spread FotL this turn.

It think the squares are part of some weird optimization I did to finish temple at the same moment I got WotF in to not loose time on the new temple. Probably I forgot to return things.

You missed that we have a disciple? It will spread FotL this turn.

It think the squares are part of some weird optimization I did to finish temple at the same moment I got WotF in to not loose time on the new temple. Probably I forgot to return things.
I did not miss it. That's why I said it was a "lucky FotL spread" in Thariss.
OK, I can delay the hunter and get the temple right now. Are you OK with the tech plan?

Mining sounds good. I think you should finish the hunter. Also two hunters have promotions ready. Give them subdue animals when we have AH and start hunting.

I think the Illian have killed the gorilla. Let us hope a new will spawn before they have settled the whole jungle.

I think the Illian have killed the gorilla. Let us hope a new will spawn before they have settled the whole jungle.
That's bad news :( I think animals stop spawning after a while.

So, we cought some animals but Auric's stack is right at our borders :(

T148 The Obsidian Scepter moves into prominence for some reason.

T151 Plyni completes a survey about the most powerful civs in the world. Auric is top, we're of course last behind Garrim.

T152 AH is in, so three of our hunters can take subdue animal immediately (killed a barb warrior with our new one). We move out to hunt.
Aurc's forces are getting closer...

Spoiler :

T154 Tough catch but worth it if the spider ever heals before Auric declares...

Spoiler :

T156 Auric wants to OB but I don't. This mod uses OB to get some units to your backside so that they can fork you.

Had to do binary two turns now (we have more units, so more expenses). Switched Thariss to another hunter after I saw Auric's stack moving towards our borders. Temple has 3t to complete. We may want to get a disciple afterwards for healing purposes.
Hunters are mostly healing in Gereth Minar. We also caught a lion, an elephant and a baby spider (the latter was unintentional, it just attacked).

EDIT: And sorry, I think I left the workers on doing the cottage for Thariss / Peach city while they had nothing else to do. They could come back now that Gereth Minar has popped. (Don't know if they manage to do the pasture before Auric attacks, though.)

And forgot to mention: we can trade for Garrim's ale if we want. And we have horses nearby which we probably should settle with a fourth city.

Just a minor question: how come Garrim has a TR with us?

Attachments

• Faeryl Viconia AD-0157.CivBeyondSwordSave
    203.7 KB · Views: 116
Garrim has fishing and we have river to the ocean. I have seen trade routes like that before.

Garrim has fishing and we have river to the ocean. I have seen trade routes like that before.
In BtS he'd need Sailing for that plus OB with Auric who would otherwise be blocking the route. Fishing only gives TRs within the cultural borders in BtS.

This will be though. The real problems is that our hunters are so hurt. Two hunters are posioned and will take forever to get into shape. Really bad timing.

My PPP
Build hunters in Capital constantly.
In Gereth Minar I could either continue with settler or build scout.

Other then that I will fight to the best of my ability.

Top Bottom