SGOTM 16 - Plastic Ducks

By checking the game log, I find that Ram just got a GE this turn. I believe he'll hurry the Taj definitely.

We have to say "bye" to the Taj and we don't need to trade Nat now.

I think we are too greedy, so the Chist is now helping Ram.;)

Except the tech trading, the war plan should be the same. We need to destroy Ram's researching power immediately.

Now only Hammy is in contact with Ram. Shall we please Hammy with optics and beg for a peace treaty of 10 turns?

I think we should still trade Nat, we need it anyway. Don't trade away Edu, Edu + Lib will take Hammy long time to finish and we could stop him by invasion. No help to Hammy, Don't think he can be bribed.

yes trade nat. Get the gold for maps.
Let's see where Hammy settles the GE :o)

@DW

Would you turn over the page and comment on the GE?

Don't you think we can get Nat later from Vassals or friendly Ram after the war?

I saw the GE. We need still need Nat for Constitution->Corporation, right? If not trade with Ram, who to trade with?

As long as we stay Cautious to Hammy, he won't be bribed against us. In any case, he doesn't have Astronomy, the worst would be loss of some commerce.

Unless Ram settles the GE this turn, no Taj for us. The trade is still useful, it's free beakers.

Are we gonna gift the Buddist Missionary to Saladin? We still have the chance to do so. I still wonder how Saladin could spread the buddism when he is in Theocracy. He cannot train more missionaries for us.

Instead, SB has spreaded buddism to his own cities now. He's in OR.

Traded Nat with Astro+map+195 gold.

I will trade the map around and check whether I can get some gold back from Ram with new maps.
Spoiler :

Oh No.
Spoiler :

Need 1 turn of EP for the revolt

Spoiler :

I still have some concern on the northern stack. Are the 6 defenders enough? I can get 2 more from the southern stack, but that will leave only 4 units(3 mace + 1 LB) for elephantine.

Spoiler :

I plan to attck this city with 1mace+1Xbows. It seems that AIs like this spot so much

Spoiler :

Saladin: he can (and will) spread it with Monasteries. Nothing prevents us from sending missionaries to the other 2 later as well. (except war maybe ;))

Barb galley: should be ok with defensive bonus.

Northern stack: general rule is, if you have more units than AI, they rarely attack. Worst case scenario, we lose a couple units.

Why not send a pike(and a second unit) down to Atyut? Send XBow + Mace + Cat to Byblos.
AIs love crap cities (whatever their algorithm tells them), which is why if we leave that spot empty, odds are oversea AIs will settle it also.

Also, Visigoth could probably whip away those coastal tiles.
Check micro in Vienne/Camu, improved spice is better than 3F tile. (nevermind, just noticed borders popped, guess you're on it already)

Have you thought about where you'd like to build Universities #5&6? (as Duckweed said, we need to grow to size 8~10 to whip them, better than whipping other buildings in them). We still have some time until Paris can work on Oxford but I was just wondering in case it ever affects me when I go on vacation.

Since the uploaded save is not most recent: everyone be careful :)

Where did you land the stack around Ele? That stack is toooooo weak without a pike. If still landed on NE of Ele, then they are within the range of HAs in Thebes. The Thebes stack is fine to land 1E of Hel with a Pike.

Pull the galleons back for reinforcements shipping, form the galleons bridge, but make sure to group enough galleons for defending against caravels.

Moreover, watch for the HA in Ram's new city, better to leave the Mace in Ger to defend there this turn.

Pray for luck, otherwise, this war is going to be a big mess.

Edit: or shall we sacrifice progress for safety by focusing on Hel and Thebes if sossos has not land any stack?

Saladin: he can (and will) spread it with Monasteries. Nothing prevents us from sending missionaries to the other 2 later as well. (except war maybe ;))

This requires him to build monastery first. Anyway, if it's decided to gift it to Saladin, I'll send it to his capitol first.

Barb galley: should be ok with defensive bonus.

Unfortunately, there are two galleys.

Northern stack: general rule is, if you have more units than AI, they rarely attack. Worst case scenario, we lose a couple units.

So you prefer to moving 2 more units to the north from the southern stack? This can increase the northen defender# to 8.
Why not send a pike(and a second unit) down to Atyut? Send XBow + Mace + Cat to Byblos.

I think it's OK, just with a little bit risk on the defence when all units are out.
AIs love crap cities (whatever their algorithm tells them), which is why if we leave that spot empty, odds are oversea AIs will settle it also.

Also, Visigoth could probably whip away those coastal tiles.
As we'll build FP there, I sent the workers to mine the PH hill. 1 citizen whipped for forge and the 2nd is moved to the PH hile.
Check micro in Vienne/Camu, improved spice is better than 3F tile. (nevermind, just noticed borders popped, guess you're on it already)

Have you thought about where you'd like to build Universities #5&6? (as Duckweed said, we need to grow to size 8~10 to whip them, better than whipping other buildings in them). We still have some time until Paris can work on Oxford but I was just wondering in case it ever affects me when I go on vacation.

The rest 2 uni will be mainly from Dijon/Mars in the next 6 turns. They've completed salons. Bib is a backup.
Since the uploaded save is not most recent: everyone be careful :)

I've posted the game, so we can ponder deeply over the next move. I didn't land yet.

Thank you.

We have to hope Ram keeps the slider high and does not upgrade too many XBows.
No pike in southern stack is problematic as Duckweed said, I think we might go for safety now, grab the first 2 cities.

Once some stack protectors are made, we can split stacks again (1 stack can be marching, the other with galleons hits coastal cities).

I feel a bit uneasy about the GM in the wounded Caravel...

3 choices for the stack near Ele

1. Land 1NE, expect Maces vs HAs and WAs immediately
2. Land 1SE, uncertain, might still be attacked next turn
3. Abandon this direction and draw galleons back to Hel->Thebes direction, need to protect those fully loaded galleons.

The caravel of Ram is at the south, so I may move the GM to the NW for lower risk.

I may also choose the safer one since the power of Ram is now higher. In worst cases he'll upgrade all archers to Xbows/LBs and all axes to maces, then his HA/WC may attack whatever threatening his city.
1. land the two galleons(4mace+1sword+1medic) at 1E of Helipolis
2. Move the next 3 southern galleons away from Ram's sight if possible and bridge the galleon for landing in the next turn.

I'll play after 3pm for collecting more inputs.

The units are loaded. The galleon with troops are 4 tiles away from any caravels and they can load the units next turn

Spoiler :

Ram left this city empty. Wow.

Spoiler :

Where's his legion? I think some of his troops(2HA2Xbow) go east to attack vis.

Spoiler :

Do you want to check the save? I think I'll try spy first if there's no objection in 30 min.

Any thought on privateers? We can send some out to collect golds in 2 turns. The island cities are free to whip.

Top Bottom