SGOTM 16 - Plastic Ducks

@DW

How about whipping the pike at Ger? I still think it's safer.

So the max HP of the wounded units is 6.8 (combat 2+shock). I think you are confident that Ram's units will not come out if more units are near Thebes. Let's see the result.

Regarding the privateer, what if it can bring us 5~9 gold per turn from the capitol of each AI? It's a good deal compared with its cost of 80h(even better than OF to moai if the failed gold can only be carried out 20 turns later)

Several questions listed

1. shall we start Hermitage(+100%culture) at Orleans?
2. shall we build 1 privateer to block Hammy's capital?
3. Shall we whip a pike at Ger for better defence around there?
4. Do we need more musks?
5. Shall we chop the Ox if Taj is gone?

If the HA group turns to Ger, yes, definitely whip the pike next turn, otherwise, I don't know. 1 more pike is fine. The problem of Privateer is that you have to group at least 2 of them so they cost 2g/t (maybe 3g/t due to outgoing cost), otherwise, AI tends to attack with caravels. Fine to try it.

Since our stack already threatens Thebes, so all units in Thebes will stay, only the nearby WC will likely attack.

OK for the Hermitage.

Please proceed. It is midnight here and I don't feel very well. Headache.

I can take over tomorrow. Now, you can make some progress. No need to waste time.

Opinions: Safety first.

Don't get why our siege is still at sea. Be careful about galleons. Try utilizing 10% coast defense bonus.

1. shall we start Hermitage(+100%culture) at Orleans?
2. shall we build 1 privateer to block Hammy's capital?
3. Shall we whip a pike at Ger for better defence around there?
4. Do we need more musks?

1. Yes
2. Yes (Might slow him down. He's not so far from Frigates.)
3. If it is threatened, yes.
4. Why not. 2 moves can help us get around mistakes we might make. But no more than one or two.

1. Sure
2. Already stated my opinion... I don't think it's a good use of food/hammers.
3. If it makes you feel safer ;)
4. I don't think so. A few more Trebs and then Cannons for overseas.

Keep checking F4 for in case Hammy gets Education.

Another question pops up. Shall we chop the Ox/Uni if the Taj is gone?

Sorry, I have to post as more and more ideas jump out when I play more and more on.

I warmly welcome your feedback in these 2 days as it's critical period of the game.

@Shaka

If you have headache, I'll cover you. Just watch and let me know your creative thoughts.

@All ducks

Anyone can take over from Mon? I don't have much time in the weekdays. Also I think it's time for another teammate to enjoy the combats, the most exiting part of the game.

If Taj is gone, I think there's no question we chop Oxford. There's not much else to build in capital (Ironworks Bibracte will pick up the slack for next wonders).

I'm good to go starting Friday evening I think, at least, that's my current deadline.
Might be better for me to wait on Saturday so I get some practice first.

Thanks. I can take over from Monday.

Isn't there gonna be some intercontinental cannon warfare for soundjata?

Yes, but, war with galleons is much faster, and if kossin takes over for ~20 turns, I doubt there's anything left.:lol:

I will attack them, as they'll pillage my sheep next turn. The city below will be destroyed. Catapult(no exp) first or not? I prefer going with mace and Xbow directly.

Spoiler :

Will attack Thebes the next turn. Question: which units to defend Heliopolis? I think 1LB+1MACE+1sword is enough.

Spoiler :

Another question: There's only 8 commerce at Tolossa, a city at inner land with food only. Shall we build barrack and turn it into a new city for units? CM/CT/Forge are completed.

The game crashed when I try to take snapshots and post. I'll report to Alan.

I won't attack them in the open field now, they are coming back for defense, so why not kill them with the new pike.

OK to turn Tolo into another unit city, we can let Tours and Lyons rest a bit.

Hel: the LB + 1 mace are more than enough. send rest of all to Thebes, we need to sacrifice some catas 1st this time, and let trebs attack with better odd.

Don't send wounded units into Thebes, let them rest in place, we lose cash to gain turn of war progress.

Why not attack them with Pike you whipped when you whipped it already.

I am fine with plan for Tolosa.

Defense is fine. I don't think single unit would be attacked with Thebes threatened. But 3 is safe.

Try alt+tab when your game starts being slow (long session or late stage of the game). It runs like it is 4000BC after that (for some time).

I think they'd have moved directly on sheep if they were going to pillage. Likely they're going west to defend/attack.

Tolosa: high food output, I suppose we can use it to get a few more units.

We might be able to get Qin to Pleased if we get the last trade bonus... which means we'd get Ivory in return... :) and WEs ?

EDIT: I think you should wait for Alan's response before resuming play, just to be sure.

We might be able to get Qin to Pleased if we get the last trade bonus... which means we'd get Ivory in return... and WEs ?

Isn't everything minced meat after cannons? And cannons are also xbow counters.
If Qin gets some cash and we take it with compass, I am ok with it.

If WEs can come in time to help with Rammy, I say go for it.

It is 1AM in UK. Let's hope Alan didn't go to sleep yet.

Edit: It is also better to deal these things through Private Messages to Alan than threads.

@ kossin

I've moved several units. OK I will stop and wait for Alan's response.

Some more to be discussed:

1. Ram didn't complete Taj, maybe the GE cannot hurry it in one turn? We need to complete university and start Taj after the two wonder cities are conquered. Right? Without that two cities, Ram is impossible to get Taj and we are safe to build.

2. One more GP will come the next turn. One engineer has been hired for the last several turns, but mostly it'll be another GM.

Isn't everything minced meat after cannons? And cannons are also xbow counters.
If Qin gets some cash and we take it with compass, I am ok with it.

If WEs can come in time to help with Rammy, I say go for it.

It is 1AM in UK. Let's hope Alan didn't go to sleep yet.

Edit: It is also better to deal these things through Private Messages to Alan than threads.

I think it's mainly for happiness. We've got musks which are good enough to deal with Xbows.

I posted and PMed him.

Top Bottom