TerraNES: The Civil Experiment

I typically do Economy, Domestic, Foreign, Military, Stats, but for TerraNES I've tended more to write Economy, then a series of thematic titles based on what I'm doing, then Stats.

Alright, 3 days since the last update on the update. Sorry for being a bit late folks, but count this as your christmas present. Hehe.

I finished all research.
I finished outlining everything for Keltia, Iberia, and Xilan. 6 Hours of Work as of now.
I am currently outlining Central Asia, West Africa, and Mesoamerica.
Tomorrow, I will start on the Great Levantine War.

It is very likely I will start writing while I outline the Great Levantine War. I will start by writing up ALL NPC plans and spending for the entire area, then enact all spending and domestic changes, then outline the war itself.

On TerraNES Part 2: I figured out the new Military System, and the new Domestic system.

EDIT:
Nation Name, Status/Player Name
Economy: Income/Treasury (Urban/Rural/Trade) –Upkeep
Military: Unit Count (Elite/Veteran/Green)
-Description: Unit Mixture
-Doctrine: General Strategy/Tactics
-Technology: Age, Special Tech Advantages, Unique Units
Domestic: Current Issues
-Description: Government, Culture, Economic Structure
-Culture: Strength of Home Culture (Home Culture Influences), Other Influential Cultures
-Religion: [Official Religions] *Largest Religion* (Major Sects) Other Religions
Projects: Singular
-Ongoing
-Completed
-Wonders
Basically:
Economy will be the same, but I will explain it simpler, with additional information, musings and such placed elsewhere.
Military will be completely overhauled. Units are homogenous. There will be no training. Description and Doctrine will be your main affects. Technology will cover both Age Progression as well as special techs (like Katanic Siege Engines) and Unique Units.
Domestic shall overview the basis of your internal nation. Current issues shall pop up time to time based on the update, although you shouldn't rely on it as opportunities can pop up. Culture and Religion shall both be overhauled to be more descriptive. In the end, they will take time to update, but hopefully will change only very rarely. Description shall be the internal structure of your nature in skeleton form. X leads, Y advises, Z is important done. Description will also name and list the importance of your special cities.
Projects gets its own section, especially since they are more important. ALL/MOST DOMESTIC SPENDING HAS TO GO THROUGH A PROJECT. The reason is to help me keep track of things. There are two kinds of projects. One is the straight deadline project such as building city walls or a fort. Another are ongoing endeavours such as long-term infrastructure. Singular projects are things we have done already, Long Term Projects look like this[[1]Road Network (0/8)]. Every time you pay 8 EP the level goes up by 1. The best way to design it so that you can increase the level every, or every other turn- this might be useful for ensuring long-term irrigation success in an arid region or road system in hilly areas. Levels are relative, although might be useful comparing similar projects between nations. EDIT. It is possible for [1/8] Road Network (0/8), as a multistage project.
Wonders I did not discuss them enough in the Part 1 ruleset, so I will go on a bit more. Wonders are SINGULAR projects that get EXTRA funding. They also have to be UNIQUE in some way, and hopefully also get some CULTURE through stories, descriptions, pictures. Just building a gigantic pyramid isn't a wonder. Building a pyramid, overfunding to overlay it with marble, laying it on a special rock formation so it is right next to the nile and overshadows it, and then writing a story on its construction could.

EDIT: As always, you only have to pay as much attention as you want, and I will adjust the surrounding areas to match.

The laws of Maat:

1. I have not done iniquity.
2. I have not robbed with violence.
3. I have not stolen.
4. I have done no murder; I have done no harm.
5. I have not defrauded offerings.
6. I have not diminished obligations.
7. I have not plundered the neteru.
8. I have not spoken lies.
9. I have not uttered evil words.
10. I have not caused pain.
11. I have not committed fornication.
12. I have not caused shedding of tears.
13. I have not dealt deceitfully.
14. I have not transgressed.
15. I have not acted guilefully.
16. I have not laid waste the ploughed land.
17. I have not been an eavesdropper.
18. I have not set my lips in motion (against any man).
19. I have not been angry and wrathful except for a just cause.
20. I have not defiled the wife of any man.
21. I have not been a man of anger.
22. I have not polluted myself.
23. I have not caused terror.
24. I have not burned with rage.
25. I have not stopped my ears against the words of Right and Truth. (Ma-at)
26. I have not worked grief.
27. I have not acted with insolence.
28. I have not stirred up strife.
29. I have not judged hastily.
30. I have not sought for distinctions.
31. I have not multiplied words exceedingly.
32. I have not done neither harm nor ill.
33. I have not cursed the King. (i.e. violation of laws)
34. I have not fouled the water.
35. I have not spoken scornfully.
36. I have never cursed the neteru.
37. I have not stolen.
38. I have not defrauded the offerings of the neteru.
39. I have not plundered the offerings of the blessed dead.
40. I have not filched the food of the infant.
41. I have not sinned against the neter of my native town.
42. I have not slaughtered with evil intent the cattle of the neter

I like the new stats that will be in TerraNES Part 2, but when will you put up the new thread, Terrance?

Wait... what awards? (Oblivious guy is oblivious). Also, I'll write a story about the further progression of iron's use tonight when I do my Capto Iugulum orders.

At the end of each "Part" of 20 updates, I will write a summary and give out awards!

Current Ideas
Greatest Military
Greatest Army
Greatest Navy
Greatest Hegemony*
Greatest Empire*

Strongest Culture
Most Unique Culture
Strongest Religion
Most widespread Religion
Largest Economy
Most Efficient Infrastructure
Best Education

Greatest Rise
Greatest Fall

Most Devious
Most Straightforward
Best Plans
Best Stories

I categorize Hegemony as indirect rule as senior partners of alliances, religious control, overlordship, economic bondage, ect. Valyria was a hegemony, as is Leon and Xiyi. An Empire focuses on direct control over vast territories- look to the middle east.

I will give 1st, 2nd, 3rd for each category, then a "1st in all history" in my opinion, then "player's favorite" based on PMs, which may be both current or historic, but cannot be their own nation.

Don't forget UUs. Have an award for UUs. Most unique, wackiest, strongest.

Lawl. Great idea!

Also, warning and message for all: Part 2 will be BRUTAL on very old nations. Actions will have internal resistance, project costs inch higher and higher, and other forms of decadence WILL set in to a much greater degree compared to Part 1. Without the confidence system, collapse can be sudden and precipitious- a mixture of mishandled current issues and outside pressures would be enough. (once again, I aim my sights at Dakinsa...)

Although I will maintain "As Much Effort as You Want to Give" vibe (so some players get tough straightforward situations while others get softer, more intricate ones) I will mix it up a bit and WILL use my powers to a greater degree. If you don't detail your culture, I will. And I will most likely make it either stereotypical and caricaturical or wacky and insane. :3

This is all part of my development as a Mod. Although I've been doing it a bit more as time goes on, I wanted to maintain Part 1's atmosphere and preparing to make a full shift in Part 2.

EDIT: Progress Report

Iberia, Keltia, Xilan, Central Asia Outlined. No new outlining done today.
Iberia and Keltia has stories written. Kadiz war was finished.

Just out of interest, what defines a "very old nation"? For example, would the Kingdom of Axum be the same nation as the Trade Federation and would the Trade Federation be the same as the State of Axum before? In the federation -> kingdom case, it is a government and to some extent policy change (for example my new agruicultural efforts), while in the state -> federation case, it was the same, but bigger and had the hope of being better, though wasn't.

Is Japan an old nation? It has just rise to power and unified most of RL Japan.

He is talking about Katan and Dakinsa, the Endless Empires.

Empires and states with no significant revision/powerchange/revivalist movements/reinvention/restoration/change/development.

Yours (Christos)... not so much. It changed quite a lot. Katan is a bit iffy, but Dakinsa definately.

Their government is probably so corrupt, that 120% of taxes are lost to corruption.

Their government is probably so corrupt, that 120% of taxes are lost to corruption.

These facts aren't incredibly apparent from the outset. Maybe sometime we should discuss little known facts about the Beurtgang Empire :p

These facts aren't incredibly apparent from the outset. Maybe sometime we should discuss little known facts about the Beurtgang Empire :p

I tend to make problems known in the updates. I've called Dakinsa's government "Rusty" "Ineffective" "Archaic" iirc. Also, I noted the large amounts of foreign and colonial Raj's who only have their own self-interests and such problems.

EDIT: Collapse won't be the end of things. Remember, when a nation splinters a player gets the turn after to pick a nation and also gets to send guidelines for all the other splinter states (to flavor said splinter states).

EDITEDIT: Update 19 is going to be special. It's going to go through dem update pipes as fast as diarrhea.

Is Amir an old nation? They had been around for a while according to my timeline, but they were recently made by me.

Does your nation feel like it has enemies in too many places to handle?

Does your nation feel like it has tried to absorb one too many culture?

Does your nation feel rusty and clumsy?

Does your nation feel atrophied and wasted?

Does your nation have a large, useless bureaucracy/leadership of any kind?

Then you have an old nation.

Top Bottom