v27 and above - Single Player Bug/Crashes report thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Noticed that the Galley replacement for Pirates civilization is a pink blob.

This is caused by incorrect NIF path in Modules\Custom_Civilizations\Pirates\SO_Civ4ArtDefines_Unit.xml

In an element for ART_DEF_UNIT_PHARUS there is

Code:
<NIF>Modules/Custom_civilizations/Pirates/Pharus/Galley.nif</NIF>

but the correct path should be:

Code:
<NIF>Modules/Custom_Civilizations/Pirates/Flavor/Pharus/galley.nif</NIF>

Noticed that the Galley replacement for Pirates civilization is a pink blob.

This is caused by incorrect NIF path in Modules\Custom_Civilizations\Pirates\SO_Civ4ArtDefines_Unit.xml

In an element for ART_DEF_UNIT_PHARUS there is

Code:
<NIF>Modules/Custom_civilizations/Pirates/Pharus/Galley.nif</NIF>

but the correct path should be:

Code:
<NIF>Modules/Custom_Civilizations/Pirates/Flavor/Pharus/galley.nif</NIF>

Thanks a lot for that catch, it will be on the SVN shortly.:goodjob:

I'm surprised it took as long as it did for units that aren't criminals to lose a promotion that is established as being ONLY available to criminals. Apparently some improvements to the promotion checking codes done recently managed to get a filter working that wasn't working previously. The problem is now (if it's actually a problem) the fact that the Shadowstalker promo line is only available to criminals and perhaps its scope should be widened to account for unit upgrades criminal units can become.

I'm surprised it took as long as it did for units that aren't criminals to lose a promotion that is established as being ONLY available to criminals. Apparently some improvements to the promotion checking codes done recently managed to get a filter working that wasn't working previously. The problem is now (if it's actually a problem) the fact that the Shadowstalker promo line is only available to criminals and perhaps its scope should be widened to account for unit upgrades criminal units can become.

Or perhaps if a unit loses a unitcombat it should NOT lose the promos it acquired with that unitcombat (but obviously can't take more promos on those lines).

Or perhaps if a unit loses a unitcombat it should NOT lose the promos it acquired with that unitcombat (but obviously can't take more promos on those lines).

Now that sound good, also, i would like it, lake an equipment to be given if you go into a city you get a promotion upgrade, or have a choice to make a different one, how does that sound? IS it possible??

Such an approach would be incompatible with concepts yet to come. There is a reason this was setup this way.

However, where is the problem in defining another combat class for the sniper types? I've often thought we were lacking the correct definition on those and that new definition should also include ambushers, special forces, etc... Many promos that would apply for criminals would also apply well for that new category as well, Shadowalker being a prime example. I'd suggest Stealthy (not to be confused with Stealth - for aircraft) as the new unitcombat to fill this role.

You also seem to be reluctant to utilize the multiple combat class option. Is this purely due to the civilopedia not currently showing additional combat classes when predefined on units? Or do you feel there's some other problem to address there? This could be a very handy option for blending promotion access chains properly. For example, Ambushers would be melee/stealthy units, while Snipers would be gunpowder/stealthy units. Therefore, both maintain all the stealthy unit promo accesses but adapt some when they advance from melee to gunpowder (I know they aren't direct upgrades of each other so this is JUST an example.)

also, i would like it, lake an equipment to be given if you go into a city you get a promotion upgrade, or have a choice to make a different one,
I'm not entirely sure what you're asking but we have the capacity for having a unit select a differing equipment when in a city that offers a variant now. But of course, equipments are still awaiting some other combat mod programming and ai design in general. Particularly AI is the holdup on equipment as a whole at the moment.

But equipment issues are a big cause for the requirement that units can lose promos and need to re-train what they lost when combat classes change. Certain 'tricks' and abilities can only be enabled when certain equipments are maintained (this is shown by those equipments possibly enabling a whole new combat class on the unit when possessed) but if those equipments get removed, the tricks are lost (the combat class is thus taken away) because the underlying tools to perform them have been removed.

The same thinking goes for the methods utilized to train and maintain training on units already out there. If a unit combat class isn't supposed to have access to selecting a promotion, why should it keep having that promotion when a more crude unit has upgraded to the new class? Units are composed of multiple individuals and the training of those individuals as they cycle into and out of the unit throughout time would adapt and change as the unit's function does as well. A military instructor would cease training replacement troops for what was once a legendary medieval brigade (now being a Rifling Squad) on all the same melee combat strategies they'd mastered back then. No... they would adapt and train those new refreshments with skills that are more appropriate to the era.

Ok so I have this save game that works for SVN v4459 but nothing beyond that. I re-downloaded every file and tried again if I had a corrupt SVN file but it still won't load. I opened up a different saved game from a different game and it works fine with the updated SVN. In short what makes this particular save game unplayable for the latest SVN?

I would really like to continue playing the game with an updated version of the SVN. But it looks like if I want to keep playing that game I will have to stick with the older SVN copy.

My question got ignored...
I constantly get Military Civic error: empty civic at start (should be Militia), leading to crash when changed...
Happens on GEM map always...
Works OK on a random Play game.

Also:
Balance issue - only 4 speeds are available at Random, why not all of them?

My question got ignored...
I constantly get Military Civic error: empty civic at start, leading to crash when changed...
Happens on ANY map...

You got to remember, when writing, you wrote a double adjective, one spot saying what is happening to you and the other saying YOUR going to check on it, gives a confusing reading:crazyeye:

Edited, just checked.
It takes me 5 minutes to reload - too annoying to check many times.
Single Play works fine.
GEM doesn't, may be some civ that automatically switches it wrongly - no idea, tried a few.
Anyways, what COULD be the error???

Edited, just checked.
It takes me 5 minutes to reload - too annoying to check many times.
Single Play works fine.
GEM doesn't, may be some civ that automatically switches it wrongly - no idea, tried a few.
Anyways, what COULD be the error???

Does it "crash" to Desktop at all, if so, we need the Minidump and an autosaved game to look at, if not, its really HARD to determine what is going on, but more than "likely" its a memory problem with your machine, like i am saying there are quite a few things your leading to?? Need more info?

Interesting.
Just now I switched from a Play to GEM - and it crashed just by loading the map.
Anyways, even IF (and it seems like it, though I have no idea what happened to my laptop - it does start making noises in situations it used to NOT) it is memory - the missing Military Civic is definitely some weird bug, cause it's one single repeating error.
Anyways, I'm upset, but thanks for help...

Um, any idea of a good program to clean up my memory???
The laptop is very good, so it must be software problems...

It sounds like the GEM map is assuming we have the old civics... must be the leaders have established civics in the scenario definition somehow? I'm not currently getting any errors in running the standard game setup where the xml expects to find a missing civic anywhere.

It sounds like the GEM map is assuming we have the old civics... must be the leaders have established civics in the scenario definition somehow? I'm not currently getting any errors in running the standard game setup where the xml expects to find a missing civic anywhere.

Of course, thats why i dont like GEM questions here in the core C2C, no offense to anyone, but if GEM is not updated each and everytime WE change the main core, not much WE in C2C can do about it, sorry.

Need some help/ suggestion.... I started Immerse size game with viewports and went well after initial few minutes of generating ..... played many turns saved and now cannot load saves because "uncompressed" something something "not enough memory" something CTD .... no problems with old sizes.... now the real question is how to make it run on 980X 12 G ram and 560 TI 2G ? Can I do something about it or is that map so big that it is hard to work it out in general?
I can load early turn saves, at least initial one .....plus I do always latest SVN update..

Need some help/ suggestion.... I started Immerse size game with viewports and went well after initial few minutes of generating ..... played many turns saved and now cannot load saves because "uncompressed" something something "not enough memory" something CTD .... no problems with old sizes.... now the real question is how to make it run on 980X 12 G ram and 560 TI 2G ? Can I do something about it or is that map so big that it is hard to work it out in general?
I can load early turn saves, at least initial one .....plus I do always latest SVN update..

How big is the save. You may just have reached the limiting size that saves can be.

As DH said, how big is the save? If saves DO have a hardcoded limit then we are pretty much borked as far as ever getting Multi-Maps. My test Immense saves weren't too big at the start (about 1.5 MB).

There may be something in the DLL that is causing issues (let's hope) that we can change though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom