Subdued Animals in C2C discussions

Question about Horse Herd/Horse resource??

If you look at the screenie, i am ON a horse resource, but i am also able to build a Horse Herd, is that redundant or am i missing something here? or are you just going for the extras, ie: :culture: and stuff in the Horse Herd??

We caught as many of these as it possible. There is just no way in the XML for a building to not be available if a resource is in the vicinity of a city. I could add and not a "horse trainer" building but that comes far latter in the tech tree.

We caught as many of these as it possible. There is just no way in the XML for a building to not be available if a resource is in the vicinity of a city. I could add and not a "horse trainer" building but that comes far latter in the tech tree.

Its ok the way it is, i was just wondering, but what Hydro said, does make some sense.

@Dancing Hoskuld

Here is an Ethiopian Wolf. Its live sin Africa and should have the same abilities as the wolf.

Also can you chnage the name of the Wolf to "Gray Wolf" and make the Gray Wolf and Dire Wolf only spawn in the Northern hemisphere? Thanks!

Note I will be adding canines for other parts of the world so no need to have the Gray Wolf and Dire Wolf spawn everywhere anymore. Here are my plains ...

Black = Done
Green = Done but not Implemented
Blue = Have models for
Red = No models for (yet).

- African Wild Dog = Africa
- Arctic Fox = Northern Hemisphere (Polar)
- Bat-Eared Fox = Africa
- Black-Backed Jackal = Africa
- Bush Dog = South America
- Coyote = North America
- Crab-Eating Fox = South America
- Dhole = Asia
- Dingo = Australia
- Dire Wolf = Northern Hemisphere
- Ethiopian Wolf = Africa
- Fennec Fox = Africa
- Golden Jackal = Africa, Middle East and Asia
- Gray Fox = North America and South America
- Gray Wolf = Northern Hemisphere
- Kit Fox = North America
- Maned Wolf = South America
- Raccoon Dog = Asia
- Red Fox = Northern Hemisphere
- Red Wolf = North America
- Short-Eared Dog = South America

Note that I do not have models for all of these but if I did that would be their ranges.

Should the Dingo not only start spawning between some 6'000 BC and 4'000 BC, and only if seafaring from other continents is possible?
It was after all introduced by mankind.

Cheers

Should the Dingo not only start spawning between some 6'000 BC and 4'000 BC, and only if seafaring from other continents is possible?
It was after all introduced by mankind.

Cheers

I don't know about the seafaring part. But I did have the time in mind. And that's something we could actually do since units like the Neanderthals get triggered later.

Could an Event that can start after 6'000 BC and has 100% chance of happening if the conditions
1. Civ has Oceanic Culture
2. Civ has connection with overseas nation
are met be set to introduce and initiate the spawning of them?

Cheers

@Hydro As I was adjusting the subdued animals to fit in with the change to when canine domestication happens I noticed there were no bird hunter camps of any description no
"egg collector's camp" requires peak or coast, available at scavenging,obsolete at Poultry Domestication, built by sea bird(?)

"small bird catcher" requires forest in the vicinity, available at trapping, obsolete at canning(?), built by any small bird (smaller than a hen) Ox-pecker, pigeon

"large bird hunter's camp" - requires grassland, plains or barren, built by large flightless birds. maybe one for each moa, ostrich, emu, cassowary, and rhea?​

I actually have a Sea Bird Egg Collector on my short term TODO list. Along with a Sea Tutl Hunting Camp and Elephant Sea Hunter's Camp. I usually do them in sets of 5 so I was trying to figure out what I wanted to have have in the last 2 slots.

- Elephant Seal Hunting Camp = Seal + Walrus
- Sea Turtle Hunting Camp = Seal + Clam (same as the Egg collecting one already released)
- Sea Bird Egg Gatherer = Seal + Poultry

So yeah I would like to add some more types of bird and even reptile related hunting camps.

@Hydro As I was adjusting the subdued animals to fit in with the change to when canine domestication happens I noticed there were no bird hunter camps of any description no
"egg collector's camp" requires peak or coast, available at scavenging,obsolete at Poultry Domestication, built by sea bird(?)

"small bird catcher" requires forest in the vicinity, available at trapping, obsolete at canning(?), built by any small bird (smaller than a hen) Ox-pecker, pigeon

"large bird hunter's camp" - requires grassland, plains or barren, built by large flightless birds. maybe one for each moa, ostrich, emu, cassowary, and rhea?​

So how's it work if the buildings are resource vicinity dependent? For instance I noticed you have the Aurochs build the Aurochs Hunter's Camp which requires the Cow to be in the city vicinity. But then if it can build it won't it not work until there is a cow resource in the city vicinity?

EDIT: Or are they only build if you have them in the city vicinity and as a result they just help speed up building time?

Also you should put the Monkey Breeder building for the monkey units.

So how's it work if the buildings are resource vicinity dependent? For instance I noticed you have the Aurochs build the Aurochs Hunter's Camp which requires the Cow to be in the city vicinity. But then if it can build it won't it not work until there is a cow resource in the city vicinity?

EDIT: Or are they only build if you have them in the city vicinity and as a result they just help speed up building time?

Also you should put the Monkey Breeder building for the monkey units.

If a building does not have the requirements an animal can't build it. So no cows in the vicinity then Aurochs can't build the Aurochs Hunter's Camp. Same as free on era start but not te same as "free with tech" which gives the building regardless of requirements :(

I thought I had done the monkey breeder for monkeys but not apes. maybe not.

I have to completely redo the crocodilians before I can start on the wild canines.

And have the Narwhal Hunter's Camp for the Narwhal.

And have the animal traps ones too ...

- Beaver Traps = Beaver, Capybara
- Fox Traps = Red Fox, Fennec Fox, Arctic Fox
- Raccoon Traps = Raccoon, Red Panda
- Sea Otter Traps = Sea Otter

Oh also I have a Zebra Hunting Camp as well.

And a Reindeer Farm.

And Sea Turtle Egg Gatherer.

And a Parrot Aviary, Duck Farm, Turkey Farm and Homing Pigeon Coop.

Hey, DH, why were the Lion/Bear units turned off?
I know they are not 'real', but could we make it that you could train either a Panther/Lion/whatever or a Bear for your guard units instead of just a dog? Maybe make it require a wonder like BearRider/ect?

I know it's not 'cannon', but then again neither is a Bear Rider. To make it easier, you could just use the same model for the 'advanced' units as the base. But this way, every single country won't be using the exact same unit for defense against stealthy units.

The trained units are off until I or someone else redoes the combat strengths and prerequisites so they match C2C. ;) Also there are only the few that SaibotLieh did when there could be so many more.

*sigh* I really need to get off my butt and learn how to do that, just can't get up the effort lately to do anything ; ; So I haven't been any help lately.

Top Bottom