NinNES I: Antiquity Broken

Really? I thought that the change that made this an AU was that Troy won so the Roman empire never came to be.

Really? I thought that the change that made this an AU was that Troy won so the Roman empire never came to be.
Front Page, read the OP. 1000 BCish. This started about 100 years or so after Troy.

Yes, I realize.
It would now be converted to a more traditional light cavalry.
Also, Roman mod for M&B ? :O

Okay thanks for the explanation.

And there is a Roman mod for M&B, I only saw it on Diplex Heated's YouTube channel but from what I saw it looked pretty good.

The reason Alba Longa exists is Aeneas still left Troy, but his "visions from the gods" turned out to be a false alarm.

Sorry for the stupid question, but about how many years is each turn? (in game). I need to know to see if it makes sense for my starting king to still be alive.

Why does this refuse to die quietly?!?!

Fine. Fine. You know what, I'll update tomorrow or die trying (metaphorical).

And, five years. We've been around for about 40 years by now, if I remember correctly.

If you want this to die then let it die. No sense in continuing something that you don't want to do.

Finally updating.

My apologies to everyone over the course of this; modding is infinitely more difficult than I originally thought. If you're still here after the numerous death-resurrection cycles, I salute you. :salute:

If enough people stick around, I will try to keep going, but it is going to remain difficult.

I am here. And ready to crush the rebel scums.

Update 8 - 960 B.C.

An artist's view of this time period
World News

WAR:

- Assyrian Collapse
- Greece viciously assaulted
- Norweigan - Swedish war continues

Mediterranean News

Pro-Alba Longan Groups Split Italia: Alba Longa is a significant regional power. With the increasing role of politics in Italia, and Italia's role in the world, Alba Longa stands to gain much. In doing so, they sent envoys, diplomats, and other less respectable folks to the new lands of both Liguria and Lombardy. The goal was to make the new nations sympathetic to their cause. While the Lombard diplomats had some success, even brokering a new trade agreement, the Ligurian diplomats returned home with nothing to show for their efforts. Rumor also has it that the daughter of the Ligurain king was disgraced by one of these diplomats, though the circumstances are cloudy at best.

+ 1 EP
+ Lombardy Relations
- Liguria Relations

Corsairs in Aegean

As something of a background note, the war in Greece was supported by a naval theater. Mostly, this involved a number of Greek vessels attempting to futilely outmaneuver their Trojan counterparts, and typically would not be noteworthy. However, a number of new ships bearing no flags entered the Aegean these last few years, and wreaked havoc upon the Trojan vessels, as well as many, many merchant ships. These ships never leave survivors, though a few people have suggested that they have sailed either south or east after raiding their targets.

Recipient : +10 banked EP
Troy: - 4 Triremes, -1 Cog, -3 Fire Ships

Greece - Bent, but not Broken

Greece was viciously assaulted. The army was split into two parts early on, and sent half of their army south to clear out the Greek rebels. They met easy success. While they lost the islands, little else happened negatively for them to the south. A couple small Cyrenaican holdouts remained, however. The north, however, was a different story alltogether. The Greeks marched into Thrace. They expected an easy victory. The Thracians, however, cut to their flank. Giving up some land, while retaking just as much. However, when Chersonessus and Troy sent troops to the area, chaos ensued. Greeks were pushed back en masse via their flank, and supply lines were cut or strained as generals had to readjust. All that said, Greece is in a bad situation, but is not about to roll over and die. It still boasts one of the largest armies in the world, and it will be no small feat to defeat it.

Greece: -30 raider infantry
Troy : -8 spearmen
Troy: -3 swordsmen
Troy: -2 archers
Chersonessus: -4 swordsmen

Greater Sicilian Scholars Expand

Greater Sicily has greatly expanded both the size and reach of their technological pursuits. In fact, many scholars have proclaimed them the "Most Philosophy-Friendly Nation on Earth", a testament to their current status. Aside form the common folk being more educated than ever, even more scholars have come. They range everywhere from Phoenicia all the way to Tetwan, and bring knowledge with them.

+1 TP
+1 All Bonus

Trojan Infrastructure

The Trojans have completed two large infrastructure projects in the last few years. The first was a series of inland roads. Given the terrain and topography and Troy once one leaves the coast, this has greatly helped the inner cities. Trade flows, bringing necessary goods. Second was a large mathematical academy. While the topics are strictly related the math, it has brought together most of the foremost mathematicians in antiquity. Both of these projects are expected to help the nation going forward.

+5 EP
+2 Mathematical Theory
+1 TP

Near East News

War Elephants

The Phoenicians have unleashed upon the world a soldier so fearsome, that even the bravest quake in terror. The War Elephant. While finding such beasts is difficult and costly, their proficiency for raw destruction rivals (and outdoes) most anything imaginable.

New Unit:
War Elephant

Assyrian Collapse:

The nation of Assyria collapsed fully in the last few years. Without any sort of political and diplomatic security, the emperor was unable to lead his nation to victory. The nations of Urartu, Medea, Persis, and even Phoenicia have claimed the spoils of war, and the nation of New Sumer has risen out of the ashes. While casualties existed, they were far lower than anticipated. The king of New Sumer has also publicly stated that the lost Assyrian lands are to be forsaken, as the allied forces had recognized him as the new king, rather than the old Assyrian ruler.

Phoenicia: +5 EP
Urartu: +20 EP
Urartu: -5 spearmen, -2 mercenaries

Steppes News

Scythian Farms Explode (Figuratively)

With a massive breakthrough on the agricultural front, the nation of Scythia has almost doubled their agricultural output. While they have been guarding their new secrets jealously, the most common theory is that it involves enriching the ground where the crops are grown in some way.

+6 EP

Central/North Europe News

Norwegians Push On

With the successes of the last few years, the Norwegian chieftains pushed deep into Swedish territory. Their troops massacred Swedish resistance on more than one case, and the Swedish vessels that attempted to wrest control of the seas away from Norway was completely obliterated in the west. The success was so overwhelmingly strong that the Norweigans actually made it all the way to the Baltic Sea, before attrition and long supply lines forced them to camp for the winter.

- 4 raider infantry
- 2 longboats
+12 EP

Heruli Military Formalizes

With their recent expansions, the Heruli tribe faced a growing problem. Their military was simply too disorganized and inefficient. A slew of reforms and changes helped this greatly, everything from integrating the Mezoscat to regular patrols, to the new "Seniores".

New Unit
Seniores

[Heruli UU Unless Shared]

Western Europe News

Phoenicians in Iberia

The Phoenicians expanded into Iberia recently, with a large outpost at the mouth of the Ebro river. A small garrison has deterred nearby natives enough to establish a profitable settlement, at the very least.

+ 5 EP

Map

europele1.png

OOC Pouch

@ MrL567 - Your orders were essentially nonexistent. If you actually want to be in this, check the front page for stats and stuff. If you're missing something, tell me in a separate PM, visitor message, or post in the thread.

Spoiler From First Page :
MrL567/Thuringians
Dynasty: Wulfaz
Capital: Hulniset
EP: 2/26
TP: 0/0
Political Unity: Medium
Army: 28 spearmen, 14 archers, 2 light cavalry
Navy: N/A
Discipline: 38%
Natural Resources: Deer (x3) Wheat (x1) Timber (x4) Pork (x1) Iron (x1)
Exporting: Deer (x1)
Importing: Fish (x1)
Total Benefits: Negative stability events are greatly less effective. All siege weapons have +1 attack, all boats have +1 defense and mobility. (Unknown). Advanced naval construction enabled.
Projects:

@ topsecret, Popcornlord, everyone - I'm not going to do define espionage too much I don't think. I have thought about this, and I want it to be a sort of loose and abstract mechanic. You may have a rating (1,2,3,etc.) or not. If you do, that'll give you a bonus (or ability to carry out) espionage-related missions.

@ Bair_the_Normal - Approved. Credit next turn for the story. I would have said something sooner, but I ... somehow ... missed that entire page of my own thread. I know you aren't on the map, just assume your borders are the same as you posted, will fix next turn.

@potential lurkers/players - No new applications unless someone drops.

@bonefang - I get the feeling I've said this a lot, but please format your orders as I outlined in the first post.

@ everyone - There is NO ETA for the net update, because I'm afraid of saying one or two weeks, and having it be one-two months.

So I suppose I didn't spend enough on expanding into Lower Normandy?

Also, I presume you mean Near East when you say Far East? Far East usually means China, Korea, and Japan, while Near East means the Levant and Egypt.

I couldn't find orders from you... and today was when I emptied my PM box.

I'll ... give you some extra EP, as I do remember you sending orders at one point.

So will this continue ? I am a tad confused about this ...

So, it is betrayal. I am going to burn Troy to the ground.

@bonefang - Well, the stats are updated. Nothing stopping you from continuing.

@christos - As a neutral party, I look forward to your battle plans.

Can RP and battle plans play importand role in the war?

Top Bottom