Political Cartoons XIII: The GOP Strikes Back

Status
Not open for further replies.
It vaguely resembles Mitt Romney. And a lot of other people.

Sorry it's in attachments:
283687_285181911618667_97840777_n.jpg

601803_10151429851907596_1196384372_n.jpg

922801_10151424833153531_327052563_n.png

931403_10151406352407596_800791939_n.jpg

935399_512384865477719_781782836_n.jpg

941583_4734998424015_1436072242_n.jpg

947371_10151427725982596_1549860921_n.jpg

Generally, a cartoon should be at least slightly amusing. Posting inflammatory posters doesn't really qualify.

I like how the conservative cartoons get called inflammatory while the anti-American cartoon on the last page gets praised for how awesome it is.

Since you're talking to me, be good enough to point out if I praised said picture you're complaining about.

I'm criticizing the general action, not any one forum member.

Posting a poster that shows a disingenuous photo and calling that a "cartoon" is not really kosher, whoever's doing it.

Generally, a cartoon should be at least slightly amusing. Posting inflammatory posters doesn't really qualify.

+1. Those Obama ones I can easily live with, but that planned parenthood thing is just disgusting and I wonder if whoever made the one about violent crimes ever heard of the word 'statistics'.

I like how the conservative cartoons get called inflammatory while the anti-American cartoon on the last page gets praised for how awesome it is.

How was that one anti-American?

Unless the joke is how ridiculous said poster might be, there's nothing remotely humorous about the pregnancy picture, even if someone might find the one about gun control to be ironic.

Ok, sorry if I messed up with that pregnancy thing

If you are THAT infuriated with that image (leaving the fact that what it says is completely true) I've got no problem on editing the post. I could understand that it's not funny, but from that to the point of saying that it is disgusting, kind of a open mind problem (oh! it's true! but it's conservative -> :vomit:)

I'll absent posting about my political opinion the next time I post in this thread about political opinions.
Spoiler :
Vive la liberté!

So what about the other images?

I have an issue with the pregnancy one, the guns one and the meme one. Basically, they aren't cartoons, as political as they may be.

The text of the pregnancy poster might be true, but I dare you to find someone who has (in the last 20 years) suggested that smoking and drinking is not potentially bad for a foetus.

As for the other pictures, they're mostly too small to read comfortably, though I did find the bottom one about the journalist to be mildly amusing.

Ok, sorry if I messed up with that pregnancy thing

If you are THAT infuriated with that image (leaving the fact that what it says is completely true) I've got no problem on editing the post. I could understand that it's not funny, but from that to the point of saying that it is disgusting, kind of a open mind problem (oh! it's true! but it's conservative -> :vomit:)

I'm not even American, so I definitely wasn't thinking 'Hey, that's conservative, must flame!'.

The thing is suggesting that Planned Parenthood encourages smoking and drinking (so effectively handicapping or mutilating) during pregnancies you do not want to abort, and I can't recall seeing any of those. Also look at the size of that belly*. I don't know anyone advocating for abortion at that stage of the pregnancy either.

*Of course, if they'd show the belly of a one-month pregnant woman, it'd be a bit hard to see she was pregnant in the first place.

So what about the other images?

No problem with those. Obviously politically biased but hey, this is the thread for it.

The text of the pregnancy poster might be true, but I dare you to find someone who has (in the last 20 years) suggested that smoking and drinking is not potentially bad for a foetus.
Wel abortion is bad for the baby, just like those are, so if you are going to complain then you have to say that you are against abortion too.
As for the other pictures, they're mostly too small to read comfortably, though I did find the bottom one about the journalist to be mildly amusing.

Just click on them and they get bigger.

Its easy, brah. You want a baby, you dont smoke or drink or do anything that can harm it. You dont want it, abort as soon as possible and you can drink and smoke all you want without having to worry about a, lets call it, an unhealthy baby.

The picture about the pregnancy thing what it means is that society, on one hand, will rage at the woman pregnant smoking or drinking because of the poor child, but that poor child becomes mysteriously part of the mother's body, and so, with no rights to not to be killed, when it comes to awkward situations.
Spoiler :
I know it's off-topic but let me say that there are two battles left vs right in western world: homosexuals, and abortion. The first one, left will win, the second one, right will

Strijder, I'm not american too obviously, it's just pictures from a friend of fb that i've been keeping.

Society rages against people who abort, too. I'd say the difference is that sometimes there are actually good reasons for abortion, whereas there's no good reason for smoking and drinking and screwing up a fetus that you want to give birth to.

Wel abortion is bad for the baby, just like those are, so if you are going to complain then you have to say that you are against abortion too.

Unlike you, I have a nuanced opinion on it. Making downright lies however, such as equating people who have abortions with people who inflict smoking and alcohol abuse upon foetuses, are a disgustingly shabby thing to do. As LightSpectra would say, it's akin to bringing up the priestly sex abuse scandal with Catholics in irrelevant conversations just to score cheap points.

Shall we get back to cartoons though?

No one would have gotten angry if the comics had a liberal point of view, just saying.

But yes, let us get back to business.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom