InfoAddict light (Global Relations) for BNW

Aristos

Lightseeker
For those of you who are waiting for an update to IA, or those who, like me, think that the original IA gives away too much information (more than you can see in the base game, anyways), here is the light version of IA. Details in the description, but bottom line, it only shows what you normally can see (directly or indirectly) in the base game. I managed to find the only function that was messing the entire mod after BNW (deal:GetNextItem() for the curious), and adapt it to the new expansion.

Just unzip into your mod folder, enable it from within the game, and enjoy vital diplo information when most needed. Completely save-compatible, does not affect savegames and can be enabled/disabled a piacere.

In any case, let me know if there are problems, but it's working fine here.

Version 3:
+ Added functions from patch 1.0.3.80 regarding counters for DoF's and Denouncements. Be advised that the counter for denouncements is bugged (only shows 49 turns left, forever, for all denouncements). As soon as Firaxis fixes the function, the mod should show the correct count. DoF counter works fine.
+ Added trade route information; as per the spirit of this modmod, only human-related trade routes are shown.

Interesting. I like the idea of not showing a bunch of information but only some like the original game managed to do. And with this addon it's more user friendly.

Still playing bnw without mods, but will definetly try this one...

Thanks for this InfoAddict Version without Diplomacy trouble.:)

1.Here is the completed German Translation for your Mod.

2.In Hotseat, the "Player change" do not work.

Player 1 = Libanon
Player 2 = Germanien

Libanon is always activ (Unsere Zivilisation/Our Empire).

Have you any Code files for me (for correct Player change)?

Look here.

It´s in German, but with Screenshot in first post.

In War offer a deal, Gold vs. Horses.

This is the "Full Version of InfoAddict, but i had the same
errors with your "Light version".

The offers are completely jumbled,
but not always.

Have you never errors on Diplomacy, or caused the (not) Player Change, this errors?

Can you understand me, my English average?

I am not sure I'm clear, but the problem arises when using MP, right? I confess I never use the mod in MP, so I never saw that problem.

Did I understand correctly? Is it MP related?

Yes, i´m playing in Hotseat (with Gedemons Hotseat Mod).

Player 1, becomes confused offers by renewal Trades,
but not always.

By Player 2, works it correctly.

Thanks, for your investigation.:)

Will this show who has trade routes to who?

not yet but in the plans... I'm short of time so I wanted to focus on making it work for BNW, extras will hopefully come later... we also need to remember that the original idea is BUG-like (the civ 4 mod): showing available information in a more efficient way when needed. I think trade routes information is already well shown in BNW, so adding that to GR could be a little overshooting... am I right?

I like the 'light' bit of this mod. The original InfoAddict I fired up once but it showed too much in my opinion. This is more how I like it and it works perfectly for me. Thank you.

not yet but in the plans... I'm short of time so I wanted to focus on making it work for BNW, extras will hopefully come later... we also need to remember that the original idea is BUG-like (the civ 4 mod): showing available information in a more efficient way when needed. I think trade routes information is already well shown in BNW, so adding that to GR could be a little overshooting... am I right?

AI Trade Routes are "visible" by hovering over specific tiles (that the TRs pass through) to see the tooltip. So if you want this information, finding it is tedious to the extreme. I'd say adding this is low priority since it's common that most all civs are trading with most other civs, but would be a good eventual addition, I suppose.

AI Trade Routes are "visible" by hovering over specific tiles (that the TRs pass through) to see the tooltip. So if you want this information, finding it is tedious to the extreme. I'd say adding this is low priority since it's common that most all civs are trading with most other civs, but would be a good eventual addition, I suppose.

I meant the Trade Overview; I find it pretty complete and clear. The only reason I would consider adding Trade Route information to the relations wheel is for DoW purposes, but that is also covered by the new DoW window, so that nasty accidents are preventable... that's why my first impression is that adding TR to GR would be overshoot (and overweight, we want to keep it "light" don't we? ;))

I was thinking more in terms of Morocco, keeping track of who I'm connected to so I know where to send routes to maximize the UA. As well as having a trade route in terms of the bonus for Tourism.

I was thinking more in terms of Morocco, keeping track of who I'm connected to so I know where to send routes to maximize the UA. As well as having a trade route in terms of the bonus for Tourism.

OK, that makes sense. Will try to add some info whenever I have more time.

Anything else from BNW that the wheel is missing and that is not clear enough in any other in-game display?

Great mod -- I especially like the fact that it doesn't prevent final scores from being included in the hall of fame.

Two small suggestions: Instead of "Info Addict", display "Global Relations" in CIV's main menu, as you already do in the animated leader screens. Also, replace "Info Addict" with "Global Relations" in the mod data screen and remove the "Global Relations" tab -- as the other Info Addict tabs were removed, displaying a single tab isn't necessary.

Great mod -- I especially like the fact that it doesn't prevent final scores from being included in the hall of fame.

Two small suggestions: Instead of "Info Addict", display "Global Relations" in CIV's main menu, as you already do in the animated leader screens. Also, replace "Info Addict" with "Global Relations" in the mod data screen and remove the "Global Relations" tab -- as the other Info Addict tabs were removed, displaying a single tab isn't necessary.

I'd also love to see this being changed. 'info addict' is a bit out of place text in the menu. "Global Relations" would make much more sense as a name of the tab and is much more immersive.

I like the mod alot! Much better than Info Addict which just floods you with too much information. This mod just gives the information I actually need.

I'm not seeing anything related to this mod in my game. I went into Mods and I've enabled the mod and then loaded up a save file and nothing is changing. Where is this tab supposed to be?

Note, I'm using a Mac and the Campaign Edition.

Edit: You can ignore the above. I missed the fact that after the mod was enabled you had to click on the single player in the new window in order to load the save with that mod. I was wondering why I was getting two messages indicating the game data was being configured.

Top Bottom