Single Player bugs and crashes - After the 13th of August 2013

Please report all single player bugs and crashes from the 13th of August (v32 = SVN Revision 5949)

To assist us in fixing the problem please include the following in your report:-
The version of c2C you are playing. this would be "the download version" or the "SVN version xxxx". (Note: SVN is the beta version for more information on how to use the SVN version see here.

If the bug involved a repeatable "Crash to Desktop" (CTD) or similar please include
  • a save and description of how to reproduce the crash
  • the MiniDump.dmp file. It is found in your Beyond the Sword folder that contains the Mods file containing Caveman2Cosmos. IE the folder that contains the BeyondTheSword.exe file.

If the bug includes error messages then the Python.Err file in the logs folder would be useful also. It can be found in the same location as the the Saves folder containing your save games.

A screen shot.

Basically as much information as you can that will help us find the problem​

If you saw the AI doing something stupid/unoptimal/otherwise bad make sure your BBAI logging is set to 3 in the BUG options. Then, post a savegame exhibing the behavior as well as the BBAI log, found in the Documents/My Games/Beyond the Sword/Logs folder.

How to turn on logging.

In the Civ 4 INI file, located in Documents/My Games/Beyond the Sword, there are some logging options. Make sure they look like this.
Code:
; Enable the logging system
LoggingEnabled = 1

; Enable synchronization logging
SynchLog = 1

; Overwrite old network and message logs
OverwriteLogs = 1

; Enable rand event logging
RandLog = 0 

; Enable message logging
MessageLog = 1

Note: You only need to have RandLogs on if you are playing Multiplayer, otherwise just leave that off (thx Cyrusfan)

How to turn on the AI logging.

The AI logging is turned on in the BUG options screens. It is the BBAI log mentioned on the Logs page. It writes to the same folder as the other logs creating a BBAI.log file there.

@ls612 After you added in the adapt tag for the cost of missions/outcomes the cost is neither displayed in the hover over nor spent. This means that unit upgrades done via missions/outcomes have no cost at all.

The DynamicCivName mod is buggy, now all empire seems to be stuck with 'provisional authority/government when changing civics like monarchy and despotism related one, only seems to to do that since v30 to v32, think you can check?

Edit:cant post screenshot or my post need modo approval and none seem active anymore since my 2 thread i tryed to create about this never got approved

The DynamicCivName mod is buggy, now all empire seems to be stuck with 'provisional authority/government when changing civics like monarchy and despotism related one, only seems to to do that since v30 to v32, think you can check?

Edit:cant post screenshot or my post need modo approval and none seem active anymore since my 2 thread i tryed to create about this never got approved

The person working on that has just got a new job. Real Life takes priority over modding.

The person working on that has just got a new job. Real Life takes priority over modding.

oh thought it was c2c team who was working on it, my bad xD
is it easy to edit the file controlling that feature or only the maker know how it works?

It's potentially something another could sort out but it's pretty much in his hands and is very low priority for anyone else who could possibly work on it. That particular programmer, AIAndy, is VERY skilled at his craft and is a tough act to follow for everyone else here though Koshling could probably sort out his works. The rest of us are so much less skilled that it would be very tough to decipher his coding, let alone then 'fix' anything there. He's also aware there are some bugs in that system and I'm sure he'll be back to work on them eventually.

Getting this python error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "BugEventManager", line 363, in _handleDefaultEvent
File "Partisan", line 521, in onCombatResult
RuntimeError: unidentifiable C++ exception

is this the same OLE one??

oh thought it was c2c team who was working on it, my bad xD
is it easy to edit the file controlling that feature or only the maker know how it works?

The person I was talking about is on the C2C team. I believe he was going to make it easier to maintain by moving it out of python and into XML.

Getting this python error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "BugEventManager", line 363, in _handleDefaultEvent
File "Partisan", line 521, in onCombatResult
RuntimeError: unidentifiable C++ exception

is this the same OLE one??

It is where the messages are being sent after everything else has been done. Which means thet the looser (or winner) may be a barbarian (most likely) or the file Art/Interface/Buttons/civics/despotism.dds does not exist.

Was one of the sides barbarian?

edit Try the attached - it goes in my python folder. I can't get far enough on my machine to test it.

It is where the messages are being sent after everything else has been done. Which means thet the looser (or winner) may be a barbarian (most likely) or the file Art/Interface/Buttons/civics/despotism.dds does not exist.

Was one of the sides barbarian?

edit Try the attached - it goes in my python folder. I can't get far enough on my machine to test it.

Maybe one "could" have been barb, but i didnt see any barb's taking over a city, just "appearing" out of nowhere:eek:

@Koshling,

in the savedgame, my money went UP 5 million in 1 turn:eek: SVN 5961 40X40 VP
saw your comment about 1 turn before, sorry, played a different game and was deleted sorry.

Maybe one "could" have been barb, but i didnt see any barb's taking over a city, just "appearing" out of nowhere:eek:

@Koshling,

in the savedgame, my money went UP 5 million in 1 turn:eek: SVN 5961 40X40 VP

Leaving for vacation this morning. Cannot look into this (or anything else) for at least 8 or 9 days.

Leaving for vacation this morning. Cannot look into this (or anything else) for at least 8 or 9 days.

Dang a no day notice, must really be important, just be safe.:wavey:

Dang a no day notice, must really be important, just be safe.:wavey:

For reference - when I do get to look at this I will need a save from the turn BEFORE the money goes up inexplicably, since it's in processing that end turn that whatever goes wrong must be happening. A save from after its gone up is unlikely to be revealing. Hopefully you have a suitable auto-save...?

Hi,
Just updated from:
V30
Build 5918
Rom 2.92
etc etc

The update to V32 went well, opened the v30 save game and all went well.
The system redid all the calculations needed to update the save game.
Until it got to my Civ, it cannot find the USA Lincon in my case, so i am now some aboriginal Civ.

Ideas

SM

Hi,
Just updated from:
V30
Build 5918
Rom 2.92
etc etc

The update to V32 went well, opened the v30 save game and all went well.
The system redid all the calculations needed to update the save game.
Until it got to my Civ, it cannot find the USA Lincon in my case, so i am now some aboriginal Civ.

Ideas

SM

That is correct, in v32 i changed the name from America to United States, so you'll either have to play from your OLD savedgame with America, or settle for being Aborigine sorry.

That is correct, in v32 i changed the name from America to United States, so you'll either have to play from your OLD savedgame with America, or settle for being Aborigine sorry.

Thanks for your response Strat...
I was playing from my old save game...
Or are you saying that i need to stay with V30 as apposed to V32?
Or is there a way i can update my config to state US as apposed to American?

SM

Can i change all instance of American from within the save game to United_States will this be worth a try?

Thanks for your response Strat...
I was playing from my old save game...
Or are you saying that i need to stay with V30 as apposed to V32?
Or is there a way i can update my config to state US as apposed to American?

SM

Can i change all instance of American from within the save game to United_States will this be worth a try?

Sorry your OUT of luck on all tried above except stay with the v30 one if you want the SAME savedgame for America:blush:

Two XML errors - looks like the schema files need updating. The tower one meant that no walls or buildings that require walls can be built. :(

edit when I do update the schema files I still get the towers2 error!

I have a few problems, all with Immigrants.

1. I can't get the immigrant to join the city. The population is one so that is not the problem.

2. Also when the immigrant is selected when in a city the skip turn button doesn't work.

3. When the immigrant is in the city and you go to the city screen you get the two sidebars of the screen but you get the game in the background. (as seen in the pic below)

I play on Direct IP as a single player, not sure if this has anything to do with the problem.

I will add a save game, but it is too big and I will have to get TB to help me zip it later.

Attachments

• mapwithcityscreen.JPG
    mapwithcityscreen.JPG
    178.6 KB · Views: 89
Top Bottom