NESCraft

I find, time being short, following Immaculate's prescription for orders to be the best option as NK has.

Edit: Update below!

I find, time being short, following Immaculate's prescription for orders to be the best option as NK has.

That's fine, and it does make it easier to update, but ideally would like more player input long term :)

Desired gender: Male
Eye colour: Pink
Eye shape: Round
Hair colour: White
Hair style: Very Long
Body type: Tall and Slender
Skin tone: 0
Traits - Animal Lore, Hardiness.
Desired start location: Cool, forest

I'm going for a kind of albino snow-man.

Responding to the mini-update:

Firstly, go back home for a second in order to collect some goods

Spend 1 AP on fashioning a belt made of one of the large fish skins. Put my stone tools in the belt for easier usage

Spend 1 AP on taking the other fish skin and making a drape in front of my stone dwelling to serve as a makeshift door. Store all my goods in my dwelling for now, with the hope that the fishhide will conceal it

Spend 1 AP on a preparatory nap before I do anything else. I want to be prepared before I head off into the unknown

From here, use free actions to cook and eat the rest of the fish I have

Spend one AP to worship at the monument before I head back in. Make my prayers specifically out for my safety inside this world that the spirits gave to me. Leave the bones as an offering there.

Enter the portal again, and spend 1 AP going southeast on the platforms.

Thlayli

If I can speak to the troglodyte creature and befriend it as a free action, I will do so. Use calming words and affectionate gestures to bend it to my will.

1 AP - In alliance with the troglodyte, venture deep into the cave, finding whatever the source of that hideous noise was, and kill it.

.5 AP (Troglodyte contributes other .5) - Butcher the meat and/or bones of that awful thing and roast it over our fire. :3

.5 AP (Troglodyte contributes other .5) - Carrying back any rare ores we find deep in the cave, begin stacking stones to create a primitive forge/kiln/furnace.

1 AP - Rest! Hopefully we will have food, metal ores for smelting, and other good things by the end of the day, giving us more action points for tomorrow.

Thanks guys - welcome Symphorien, happy to add your character to the game. Was hoping someone would join in the colder climate.

@Thlayli, PM sent! Oh and no splitting of AP under any circumstances. Else the floodgates are open to all kinds of fractal madness that I won't be able to fathom :)

Ugh. Forgot to actually submit orders I think.

Nintz

1 AP: Help peoples gather any food left in the gardens.

1 AP: Wander around looking for stuff that tastes good! (Side Note: I'm hoping you're a nice enough mod to not give me poisonous berries...in the event you are not just look for possible foodstuffs birds and other animals are eating themselves. Those tend to be safe to eat.)

Orders for Day 9: 4AP

-Use the Dire Boar hide and String to make some rudimentary armour for Merciary, make sure to give it to him before he leaves to meet the rhino. (1AP)
-Harvest and replant both of the garden patches. (1AP)
-Use the Hoe to till up the ground for another garden patch near the lake/river. (1AP)
-Spend the night in the, hopefully nearly expanded, dwelling and try to keep my family warm. Get to know Justo and invite her into the clan. (1AP)

Free Actions:

-Relight the Fire.
-Eat if there is enough food for the kids and for Justo and I. If not, I will forgo eating to let our new arrival eat her share.

@Merciary- I'm making you some armour just in case the rhino-taming does not go over well.

Need four more hours to get orders in- i just got home from a four day road-trip. Will edit soon.

@Immac, I've already got an idea with the ideas/guidelines you posted. Not going to penalise you after all your steady contributions :)

Thanks all, signing off now to sleep. So there is technically a few hours left.

Tonight! Just have Elephantcave to do. And collecting all the graphics. Might take a while, but it will be there before I go to sleep. Determined to up the pace on the updates, admittedly its not hard to beat the 4-month hiatus last time. Thankyou all again for your patience with this NES :salute:

Link to video.

Can't wait to find out if I get brutally mauled by a rhino or somehow tame it.

Well Daft, we thank you for being an excellent mod with a great sense of humor. :)

Also I am eager to know about the rhino too, and if my armor helped merciary.

Jeez, don't know where the time goes - its so late/early here I'm sure some of my American friends will already be in bed.

Uploading pics...

Day 9

~Pandaholme~

Immaculate, Lord of Elves, North King, Seon, Lord_Iggy

Spoiler :

Danger is averted as Seon uses her Animal Lore to calm the juvenile Paraceratherium and divert its attentions from the longhouse, though it does not wander far. Immaculate and Lord of Elves go spear-fishing at the beach - pausing for some romance in the morning sun - and return with just enough fish, shellfish, herbs and coconuts to feed the tribe for today. North King, meanwhile, builds an ornamental Furnace, before deciding to take a walk and explore in a direction he has not been before - northwards. While he is gone, the women get to work expanding the Dwelling with stone blocks and cut bamboo - Seon using her Building skills to finish it in double time. Meanwhile, Immaculate and Lord of Elves’s son matures rapidly, and is named Lord Iggy - he is given attention by his father as they tend to the gardens and is given an early education in the ways of Pawahom. Unfortunately they do not spend enough time to prevent weeds overgrowing one of the plots.

North King remains away as night falls, having spent much of the day walking, until he pauses under the moonlight to make some tree carvings to mark the northern reach of Pandaholme. Back at the extended Longhouse, there is plenty of room for all, but sleep is disrupted as Seon enters labour - soon she safely gives birth to North King's daughter.

In the morning, Immaculate again has 6AP, while the other adults all have 4AP. Lord of Elves is again blossoming with new life, while Seon is recovering from her recent birth, and North King has missed a decent meal and sleep on his travels. The child Lord Iggy has 2AP to spend (plus a free sleep) and has already picked up the Spiritual trait from his father. No surplus food is left, but a new Hammer and some Timber have been added to the stockpile. The garden plots are now ready and will require 2AP to harvest, or 3AP if an attempt is made to rescue something from the weed-ridden plot. Several Big Cats remain lurking nearby and something menacing is patrolling the shore.

Spoiler Pandaholme Inventory :
Shared Tools (Stone): 1x Tools, 2x Axes, 1x Hoe, 1x Spear, 1x Pickaxe, 1x Hammer
Materials: 1x Stone Blocks, 1x Timber, 1x Linen, 1x Lizard Skin, 1x String (Sinew)
Minerals: 2x Blue Ore
Food: none left.
Misc: numerous Bones.
North King: Parrot Feathers, Ornate Pickaxe
Immaculate: Parrot Feathers

Omega124

You spend all day preparing for a deeper exploration of what lies beyond, making your prayers and gathering your strength. In the morning, Bears sniff around an empty stone dwelling....

[hidden events]

~Wolfhaven~

Mericary, Herobrine, Justo, Milarqui, Arrow Gamer, Nintz

Spoiler :

The first task for the tribe is to placate the approaching Rhino, in which Merciary's talent for Animal Lore is put to the test. But with some free vegetables, the Rhino is led safely away from the Dwelling and the garden patches. It remains nearby - either partly tame, or simply expecting more food, but in any case not threatening.

The next event is the arrival of Justo, offering gifts of Apples and a Goat Skull, which seem well enough received - Herobrine in particular makes the newcomer welcome over the course of the day. Merciary meanwhile goes off on yet another hunting trip; he fails to find any boars, but has the fortune to take down a large, elderly Red Deer stag with a well-aimed spear throw - returning with hides, antlers and plenty of meat. Merciary keeps busy throughout the day, later joined by Justo in cutting wood and using stone blocks to expand the increasingly-cramped Dwelling, while Herobrine makes a suit of clothes for Merciary from some of the Dire Boar hides.

The twins continue to mature rapidly, becoming adolescents and taking their chosen names: Nintz and Arrow Gamer. Nintz seems especially boisterous, and spends much of the day exploring - somewhat dangerously - picking wild flowers and seeds, with the tame Wolf for company. Nintz meanwhile makes toys for himself and his sister from the growing pile of animal bones. Both find time to help out with some gardening tasks, Arrow Gamer crafting a new Hoe to help till the soil. With Tigers and Bears roaming in the north, the tribe expand their gardens westward and southward instead.

A merry night is had in the newly-expanded Dwelling, with a feast of apples, roasted vegetables, and somewhat chewy but palatable meat. Merciary again sleeps outside, where he and Herobrine find themselves sharing another romantic moment. In the morning, Herobrine, Merciary and Justo all have 5AP, while Nintz and Arrow Gamer have 4AP each and are now adolescents. Nintz has learnt Animal Lore, and Arrow Gamer learnt Craftyness from the previous day. Four garden patches have now been planted or re-planted, and it will take at least 2AP to tend them all today.

Milarqui, meanwhile, strikes the earth and begins to dig towards the human tribe with his bare claws; it is exhausting work, even with the strengthening energies of the near-full moon. At night he surfaces and scares away a large Tiger that was stalking close to the human's home.

Spoiler Wolfhaven Inventory :
Skins: 2x Red Deer, 1x Dire Boar (very tough), 1x Boar, 1x Fish (weak, very waterproof)
Materials: numerous String (Sinew)
Wearable: 2x Backpack (Merciary, Justo), 1x Boar Skin Clothes (Merciary), 1x Wicker & Boarhide Shield, 2x Fishbone ornaments (Merciary, Herobrine)
Tools: 2x Stone Tools, Pickaxe, Axe, Hoe, 3x Spear
Food: 1x Vegetables, 1x Red Deer meat
Misc: 1x Red Deer Antlers, 1x Goat Skull, numerous Bones

Optical

Today you rest and heal in your cave fortress after your recent victory. You make Bearskin Clothes and a set of Bear Claw ornaments. You dine again on Bear Meat before settling down to sleep. It may be a dream, but in the middle of the night you think you hear strange rattling and groaning sounds from deep within the cave. You awake with 4AP, healing fast, but still in some pain today. The wildcat seems to be very tame as you have continued to feed it scraps of meat.

Spoiler Optical Inventory :
Wearing: Bearskin Clothes, Bear Claw Ornament
Materials: 1x Bearskin, 1x String (Sinew), 1x Giant Mouse Pelt
Tools: 2x Stone Tools, 1x Bear Claws
Food: 2x Bear Fat
Misc: numerous Bones, 1x Bear Skull
Lying nearby: 2x Small Traps (unset), Stone Spear

Secret Scribe

As you attempt to spear fish from your raft on the river, you stray into the fishing patch of an angry Bear. It attacks and flips your raft, causing you to bash your head against rocks beneath. You have no memory of what happens next. Faint dreams, conversations with spirits, things soon lost again at the back of your mind... And then, somehow, you awake on a beach, battered and bruised, cold, wet, hungry, but alive - a giant wild-cow nosing at you gently until you stand up. The remains of your raft lie around, and you seem to have lost all your other items. You have 2AP. Seeing the familiar smoking mountain to the south, you realise that you are now on the other side of the bay.

~Highlands~

Spoiler :

tuxedohamm, TerrisH, Lopaz and Angst: Lopaz encounters tuxedohamm around mid-day, and is struck by her mystical presence. Having failed to catch any of the elusive Squirrels, he has no food to share. tuxedohamm remains wary, and the two part ways after a short meeting. TerrisH, meanwhile, is adventuring to the north, crossing hills and valleys. He comes in sight of majestic peaks to the north, and sees what looks like the signs of human habitation at one of the caves on the mountainsides. Failing to spear any sheep, he returns with just a few scraps of vegetables to eat, but nonetheless manages to avoid any trouble in a territory full of large bears and sabre-tooth cats.

By nightfall, tuxedohamm has crafted a sturdy shelter in the treetops, providing at least some cover from the elements. While TerrisH sleeps in the trees with the linen blanket, his mother stays awake through the night, summoning the spirits for protection; Angst, in his new form, stands guard on a mountaintop overlooking his former lover and son. Lopaz meanwhile shelters in a nearby cave for the night - again it is cold and windy.

In the morning, TerrisH has 3AP and is rather hungry. tuxedohamm also has 3AP, sustained by spiritual energy as she goes without food or sleep. Lopaz has 3AP and is also rather hungry, still carrying his Axe and Amber stone - some Timber remains at his original camp. Today seems a little warmer.

Thlayi: you greet the strange, hairy, tall, imposing, big-nosed creature. Perhaps too eager to convince it to follow you, it departs northwards, leaving you a decorative Bone Icon as a gift. You return to your cave, still determined to confront whatever sinister presence lurks deeper within. Grapsing your Bone Maul and a flaming torch, you enter a large cavern, full of strange rocks, and an Undead... Sheep.

You attack, mostly out of fear rather than bravery, smashing your maul into its skull, seeming to shatter it. The foe collapses into pieces with a horrific groan, and at this point your courage fails; you retreat to the entrance of the cave and the comfort of your campfire. The night passes uneasily, as your ears are primed to each animal call carried through the night air.

You have 3AP, and are rather hungry.

~Elephantcave~

Patchy, ChineseWarlord, thomas.berubeg

It is hard work in the rising heat of the day, but you soon have a stone wall with a gate, flanked by enchanted goat skulls. thomas.berubeg spends much of the rest of the day in meditation, entering a deep trance and learning the names of spirits - in particular Hoban the Everwatchful, spirit of protection, and Shetal, spirit of the home cave. She also seems to sense the strange orbs that recently appeared at a far away monument, in some distant land of cold and ice - naming these entities Sparks.

Hunting does not go so well for Patchy and Chinese Warrior. Patchy kills one of the Meerkats found among the rocks in the west with a well-aimed slingshot. But these endearing creatures offer hardly any meat, and strike a sense of guilt in the hunters. They also prove highly elusive once they are alert to the danger posed by humans. The hunters move on in search of more goats, but they also prove elusive today - and with a wounded Sabre Tooth on the prowl, the hunters return before it gets too dark.

Yesterday's smoked meat is passed around, and there is not much to add to it, leaving all a little hungry - especially thomas, who is in the grip of pregnancy. As night falls, Patchy and Chinese Warrior slink away deeper into the cave for a polygamous encounter, romantically lit by glowing ores in the cave walls. They soon return however as thomas wakes and enters labour; she gives birth to a son who is a little underweight but apparently healthy. As dawn rises, none of the group have had much sleep.

Patchy has a burst of Energy today, and is seemingly not pregnant yet; she has 5AP. Chinese Warrior has 4AP, and thomas has 3AP. You notice drama unfolding nearby, as a noisy heard of Wildebeest are attempting to cross the river, with crocodiles moving in to attack.

Spoiler Elephantcave Inventory :
Materials: 1x Meerkat Skin, 1x Snakeskin (Patchy), 2x Linen (Warlord, thomas), 1x String (Sinew)
Tools: Slingshot, Stone Tools, Pickaxe, 2x Spear, Hoe
Food: 1x Smoked Meat
Misc: numerous Bones, 2x Enchanted Goat Skull, 1x Yellow Feathers

talonschild

A Salmon run is in full swing today and you have little trouble spearing yourself a very nice meal, though you remain wary of Bears fishing in the shallows. This time you keep leftovers safely wrapped up in your Rabbit pelt. As night falls you decide to get a good rest in your rebuilt Tent; the rowdy Giant Apes have moved on and are not causing you trouble tonight.

You awake with 5AP, Linen Clothes, 1x Salmon meat, 1x Rabbit Pelt, 1x Antlers, 1x Stone Spear, 1x Stone Tools, 2x Bones, and 1x Stone Pickaxe. The weather is not so good - a thunderstorm is blowing in from the south today, quite a spectacle, though it seems to be passing over quickly.

J.K. Stockholme

Oryx hide clothes leave you uncomfortably hot in the mid-day sun, but prove useful against sunburn and biting insects, and indeed Leopard claws. You feast on fruit and grapes today, and your Braveheart nature is tested with terrifying giant wasps buzzing around you. But it is the local big cats that cause real trouble - as if a close encounter with a Leopard was not enough, you run into a large pride of Lions later in the day. They have already stolen your spare meat while you were foraging, and make your campsite unsafe for the night, forcing you into the trees with the giant apes. Fortunately you are not too uncomfortable and manage to get some sleep.

You awake with 4AP, wearing Oryx Hide Clothes, Lizard Skin Belt, and clutching your Stone Spear. Oryx Horns remain nearby.

Ninja Dude

Sleeping through the morning, you decide to head south today, to expand your home range. The afternoon is spent walking through grasslands, picking up some foraging on the way, with the local Wolves lurking nearby. At dusk you meet a large river that happens to be leaping with large Salmon. Weary of Brown Bears fishing in the shallows and riverbanks nearby, you stake out your own fishing patch and manage to spear yourself a good meal, aided by near-full moon overhead. Before dawn rises, you have a close encounter with a large Sabre-Tooth, luckily managing to spot it in time and retreat to trees until it moves on.

At dawn you have 3AP, 1x Stone Tools, 1x Stone Spear, 1x Backpack, 1x Linen and 1x Belt, reasonably well-fed but still in need of a good sleep. A strange column of dark clouds rises on the western horizon.

Everblack

You head south today, back up into the desert plateau. You find little shade in the mid-day heat as you craft yourself a spearpoint from the desert rocks. At dusk, you attempt to hunt the nearby Jackals but they easily evade you. Your wanderings take you deeper into the desert, which is now becoming painfully cold, yet strangely beautiful in the light of a near-full moon. You stumble upon some lizard eggs, a small meal but better than nothing. You finally collapse beside some monoliths, seeing spiral symbols drawn on the rock surface - has someone been here before? Before dawn, you have a close encounter with a large snake; you decide to back away and leave it alone. You are exhausted, thirsty and hungry with only 2AP today.

qoou

You have a pleasant day of meditation and gathering berries from the nearby bushes, together with the local troop of Giant Apes. You take notice of a particular stone from your Cairn that, somehow, you had not noticed before - naturally bowl-shaped, and when partly full with water from the lake, it seems to sing high-pitched notes when touched. At night, while resting, you are startled to see glowing orbs dancing around your Cairn - is this just a dream?

After a night's rest by the Cairn, keeping close to the warmth of the lake, you awake with 4AP. You note that the local berries have all been eaten, and a large Wooly Rhino is now roaming the western field. You also notice strange figures moving along the ridge in the east...

Newcomer

Symphorien

As your consciousness awakens to this world, the first thing you notice is the biting cold wind against your skin; the temperature here will severely test your Hardy nature if you do not find some warmth, insulation, or shelter. The second thing you notice is the alarm calls of Giant Swans that seem to have been disturbed by your arrival. You have 3AP.

Now – Day 10 Begins

Welcome to Lord Iggy and Symphorien!

There is a slight graphical issue this turn - vision ranges accidentally extended a little ;) I'm not going to take the time to fix it, but don't assume that you can see everything that is meant to be there - seemingly blank areas may have interesting things as you move closer.

This was somewhat rushed - I can't promise a three-day turnaround each time, but definitely want to avoid any more hiatuses. I intend to prove I can update regularly and regain player confidence. Thankyou those who have stuck with this for your patience - I really want to see where this NES goes. Very interesting for me as mod to think of all the potentials, especially where it would be already if I had kept up the updates over the summer :)

I have been in a confused state over the past week or so. I will post some clarifications and additions to the rules - for one thing I have started doing mini-updates via PM's to some people and I intend this to be more of a thing.

I remind you that if you want to go exploring way off the horizon, I will give you a mini-update along the way before spending all of your AP!

Elephantcave will get a graphical improvement next time!

The next turn will have a 1/2 full moon, paranormal activity reduced.

---

Interested in joining / rejoining? The former waiting list is declared defunct as it is full of missing people. There are now three ways to join TODAY:

* Spirit Possesion: TerrisH, Optical and Ninja Dude are all AWOL and declared open for the taking. I can allow minor changes to the character (such as eye colour, part hair colour) and you can re-pick one of their special traits.

* Live Birth: Seon of Pandaholme has given birth to a daughter (fathered by North King) and thomas.berubeg of Elephantcave has given birth to a son (fathered by Chinese Warrior). They can be claimed, but will spend the first turn helpless (no AP while you poop your pants). EDIT: both now claimed!

* Magical Incarnation: I am still taking applications for custom character starts with your preferences, RE the template on the first page.

:salute:

I gotta say I appreciate the abundance of food. And the promptness of the update. You rock, Daft.

1 AP: Fish more. Cook and eat, storing extras in cache.
1 AP: Spin Grass into Linen.
1 AP: Fashion Linen into Backpack.
1 AP: Use Stone Pickaxe to convert Gold Rocks into Gold and Rocks.
1 AP: Sleep.

Elephantcave citizens, to the SG!

And someone invite Terrance please. I think T.B has to do it since he created the group.

Top Bottom