SGOTM 18 - Kakumeika

You can line out #10. It completely contradicts #4. If we double bulb Edu, there is no way we would consider an Academy for the 3rd GS. Way too late.

I will gladly remove a goal once it is clear no one supports it or there is no advocate providing arguments for its inclusion. I do beleive we have members supporting goal #10, so it stays for the moment, at least. Also, goal #10 might be revised to use the first GS.

In any case, contradictory goals can be resolved by removing either goal. The contradiction by itself can not be used as an argument to decide which one to eliminate. It can only be used as an argument that one of two goals must be removed.

I'd prefer that goals be discussed before any vote to remove or revise a goal.

Even before going to a discussion on the goals, I'd like to know whether we are missing any goals that should be in the list of goals. I'm not that interested in hearing about goals that members believe should be eliminated, unless its unamimous.

Sun Tzu Wu

I'm finally getting comfortable with World-builder...

Here is the test-game, Food, Hammers, Commerce, Gold, Research, Whipping Anger, GG-points and a lot more should be like in the real game.

Plz replay your moves Wastin, so I can start on playing out the scenario.

Tia,

Seraiel

Attachments

• Kaku Test Game T74.CivBeyondSwordSave
    127 KB · Views: 21
Wow, that information on AI not starting Wonders while in war is amazingly helpful! Thx a lot for it Wastin and :goodjob: for punching your idea through :) .

Let's concentrate on a goal PPP for the next 10 turns. We are in a time crunch.

We also need to finish the current turn set to better understand the goals for the following 10t.

If you have specific concerns about the goals for the next turn set, please let us know what it is.

Sun Tzu Wu

I don't recall the AI ever starting a wonder while I was bashing on them. Sure, they'll finish one.

So since my 'save 2 turns on paper' argument didn't fly thru as I expected. I decided to take a quick dive into the code.

Turns out the AI will never start a wonder while in a LandWar.
Spoiler :

Code:
From void CvCityAI::AI_chooseProduction()
	if ((bLandWar) ||
		  ((GET_PLAYER(getOwnerINLINE()).getNumCities() <= 3) && (GC.getGameINLINE().getElapsedGameTurns() < 60)) ||
		  (GC.getGameINLINE().getSorenRandNum(100, "AI Build Unit Production") < AI_buildUnitProb()) ||
			(isHuman() && (getGameTurnFounded() == GC.getGameINLINE().getGameTurn())))
	{
		if (AI_chooseUnit())
		{
			return;
		}

bChooseUnit = true;
	}

My CvCityAI.cpp file does not seem to have the code quoted. Where exactly did you find this code. Pathname, filename and line numbers please.

Sun Tzu Wu

I don't recall the AI ever starting a wonder while I was bashing on them. Sure, they'll finish one.

So since my 'save 2 turns on paper' argument didn't fly thru as I expected. I decided to take a quick dive into the code.

Turns out the AI will never start a wonder while in a LandWar.
Spoiler :

Code:
From void CvCityAI::AI_chooseProduction()
	if ((bLandWar) ||
		  ((GET_PLAYER(getOwnerINLINE()).getNumCities() <= 3) && (GC.getGameINLINE().getElapsedGameTurns() < 60)) ||
		  (GC.getGameINLINE().getSorenRandNum(100, "AI Build Unit Production") < AI_buildUnitProb()) ||
			(isHuman() && (getGameTurnFounded() == GC.getGameINLINE().getGameTurn())))
	{
		if (AI_chooseUnit())
		{
			return;
		}

bChooseUnit = true;
	}

Well! If the AI never starts a wonder while warring on land I suppose we could tech Theo 1 more turn. :crazyeye:

Wish I could read code.

Test game T85

Is that game really like the real game? Did we really miss the opportunity to 2pop-whip the Forge in Shark? Are we really working a grassland Forrest instead of the Wheat and a riverside Grassland instead of a riverside Cottage? :eek:

[EDIT]

And why are our HAs all near Pigs-city?

[EDIT]

Also, New Ning-hsia didn't grow 'til now and the GG-points are incorrect, how am I gonna simulate the war and how fast we need the Marble for the HE if the test-game is so inaccurate? *sighs*

Is that game really like the real game? Did we really miss the opportunity to 2pop-whip the Forge in Shark? Are we really working a grassland Forrest instead of the Wheat and a riverside Grassland instead of a riverside Cottage? :eek:

[EDIT]

And why are our HAs all near Pigs-city?

As you know, I whipped that up quickly. I didn't move any of the military units cus I thought you just wanted to simulate builds/workers. Those are pretty close. We can fine tune it when the real game catches up with the test.

The Wheat actually can't be improved until next turn, so you can start working it on T86 (I finished it early in the test game--the borders popped too soon in the test)

We cannot whip in Shark, We MUST keep running scientists until we get the 2nd GS (then you can build your NE!!) And I even screwed that up a bit. The GS is due t89 in real game T90 in test.

I don't wanna whip the Forge and not run Scientists, I want to delay it and start on the NE and then when the Scientist is there 2pop-whip it to finish the NE directly afterwards. I also wanted to see if we're able to conquer the cities I named from Genghis fast enough so we can free Shark to build the NE, and I need the game from the current turn and we must stop playing, because (I'm repeating myself for the 5th time already) we don't have a clear decision on the double-bulb or the Academy and with every turn we play we might be losing 20 BPT.

Also, New Ning-hsia didn't grow 'til now and the GG-points are incorrect, how am I gonna simulate the war and how fast we need the Marble for the HE if the test-game is so inaccurate? *sighs*

Well, I did wait a week for your test game update, and I got you that one in about an hour, so...your welcome?

I don't see a need to simulate war, but if you want to do that, just delete the units and move them in place on T87 for the big surge. There may be one extra HA in the test because one died in the real game.

You're not doing micro for the next TS. It's just and oxford run. Remember the "End Game Challenge" test game I put out? That was not even close to real. It doesn't need to be.

You know when you're going to get a GG, so just enter worldbuilder and make one.

Is that an agreement to switching in the NE in before so that we remain the possibility to 2pop-whip the Forge and finish it?

Also, I was quite devestated and my last experiences with World Builder were so bad that I just couldn't find the motivation earlier. I was short on time too, which made it even more difficult. I am motivated now anyhow and willing to play out 2 scenarios to find out if we're really taking the right path currently. You should actually be happy about that.

And: Did you check the surrounding tiles of New Ning-hsia like I posted on the last page so that we can see if it grows T85? It's important, because it might want us to DoW earlier and New Ning-hsia has good chances to become a Unviersity city.

Regarding that end-game scenario, I will play out that one too, I said that. I cannot believe that Mining, a tripple investment (GP, Execs, Factories, Tech, qudruple investment even) is superior to simply building Wealth and whipping the Paratroopers short before the end.

T83
I hope you guys find this as funny as I did.
Mansa has made peace with Joao. :eek:
But he still traded MC for Theo + ...drum roll... 80 ;)

Gandhi : Fur gift

Mansa has CoL. New tech not known. (turning on Friendly Moves trick) Pray for CS.

Switch to OR

Gandhi has 30g.
He is at Cautious.. We demanded 30

T84

Merchant born
GG for Mansa. The war must be going well for him. I wish we were sharing war.

Ning is getting a stack: Archer, 2xchariot, 2xKeshik.
and a worker has arrived on Copper (roading)!
Easy pIckins! No defense grass tile Maybe we can attack T85?

More Fantastic News!
:banana: Mansa has chosen Civil Service due T93. An even stronger case for Oxford.

T85
Bummer, the units in Ning moved. Chariot on worker (that's good). Chariot/Keshik left leaving Archer Keshik.
Our borders pushed Ning back.

Ning is size 2!
Attack! Spear from WheatIron can take the worker/chariot. Enslaver can attack the city. But I'll leave all that to the next player.

Done!

Save

Log:
Spoiler :
Here is your Session Turn Log from 850 BC to 750 BC:

Turn 81, 850 BC: You have trained a Horse Archer in Pigs City. Work has now begun on a Forge.
Turn 81, 850 BC: You have trained a Horse Archer in Washington. Work has now begun on a Spearman.
Turn 81, 850 BC: Joao II adopts Organized Religion!

Turn 82, 825 BC: You have trained a Spearman in Washington. Work has now begun on a Forge.
Turn 82, 825 BC: Joao II has made peace with Mansa Musa!

Turn 83, 800 BC: Capitalist has grown to size 7.
Turn 83, 800 BC: Shark can hurry Trireme for 2&#8692; with 26&#8484; overflow and +1&#8676; for 26 turns.
Turn 83, 800 BC: Washington has grown to size 4.
Turn 83, 800 BC: Washington has become unhappy.
Turn 83, 800 BC: The borders of WheatIron are about to expand.
Turn 83, 800 BC: Mansa Musa will trade Code of Laws
Turn 83, 800 BC: You have discovered Theology!
Turn 83, 800 BC: The revolution has begun!!!
Turn 83, 800 BC: Austin Powers adopts Organized Religion!
Turn 83, 800 BC: Clearing a Forest has created 30 &#8484; for WheatIron.
Turn 83, 800 BC: The anarchy is over! Your government is re-established.
Turn 83, 800 BC: Mansa Musa adopts Caste System!
Turn 83, 800 BC: Arminius (Great General) has been born in Djenne (Mansa Musa)!
Turn 83, 800 BC: Ibn Battuta (Great Merchant) has been born in a far away land!

Turn 84, 775 BC: Shark can hurry Forge for 2&#8692; with 28&#8484; overflow and +1&#8676; for 25 turns.
Turn 84, 775 BC: Washington has become happy.
Turn 84, 775 BC: The borders of WheatIron are about to expand.
Turn 84, 775 BC: The borders of WheatIron have expanded!
Turn 84, 775 BC: You have constructed a Granary in WheatIron. Work has now begun on a Forge.
Turn 84, 775 BC: Joao II has founded Lagos in a distant land.

Turn 85, 750 BC: Pigs City can hurry Forge for 2&#8692; with 28&#8484; overflow and +1&#8676; for 26 turns.
Turn 85, 750 BC: Washington can hurry Forge for 1&#8692; with 19&#8484; overflow and +1&#8676; for 29 turns.
Turn 85, 750 BC: WheatIron has grown to size 2.

Is that an agreement to switching in the NE in before so that we remain the possibility to 2pop-whip the Forge and finish it?

I'll set up a perfect 2 pop whip of the forge for you.

Remember tho, if you do a test game that does not get us a GS by the time we have Paper, then it's kinda pointless to test for Universities.

Now, of course if you want to run a test game that's totally thinking outside the box, go for it ! :cool:

And: Did you check the surrounding tiles of New Ning-hsia like I posted on the last page so that we can see if it grows T85? It's important, because it might want us to DoW earlier and New Ning-hsia has good chances to become a Unviersity city.

I have all the saves so we can always look back.

Top Bottom