AND2 and SVN Bug Reports - A New Dawn 2 ONLY

Both options active, yes.
I guess I messed too much with the options? I did activate a few hidden ones (like the dark ages, which don't seem to be active anyway)
For a screenie of what I've activated, see the first spoiler in the link in my sig

Is the "Choose Religions" option broken?
Or does anybody else not get any religion founded? at all?
rev 666 (dl'ed as a full install, not svn)

Have you played recently with older version of AND or with C2C? It looks like you have "Divine Prophets" option activated (which shouldn't be activated, it's a hidden and disabled option that somehow gets turned on when playing other mods that have it). Try clearing your cache.

EDIT: Sorry, I've just seen your last post. It's Divine Prophets. Religions get founded via Great Prophets if you activate that option. It was hidden and de-activated because it was causing troubles, I have to check if the new code I've imported some months ago has solved those problems. I advise not to turn on options that are hidden by default, it could cause a mess with other options and there are part of the code that are incomplete (elections, for example).

It's the year 1487 AD, and the Japanese Empire is poised to take over the world...

Unfortunately I keep crashing on the next turn. No error window pops up, just like the program shuts right off. Here's my savefile.

I've been able to play a few turns and got no CTD from your save. It could be a python problem I think. Try clearing your cache and reloading the game. If the game keeps crashing, try recalculating (ctrl+shift+T), sometimes it solves some CTD.

Both options active, yes.
I guess I messed too much with the options? I did activate a few hidden ones (like the dark ages, which don't seem to be active anyway)
For a screenie of what I've activated, see the first spoiler in the link in my sig

LOL, 45 beat me to it. Merry Xmas all.

45°38'N-13°47'E;12974137 said:
Have you played recently with older version of AND or with C2C? It looks like you have "Divine Prophets" option activated (which shouldn't be activated, it's a hidden and disabled option that somehow gets turned on when playing other mods that have it). Try clearing your cache.

EDIT: Sorry, I've just seen your last post. It's Divine Prophets. Religions get founded via Great Prophets if you activate that option. It was hidden and de-activated because it was causing troubles, I have to check if the new code I've imported some months ago has solved those problems. I advise not to turn on options that are hidden by default, it could cause a mess with other options and there are part of the code that are incomplete (elections, for example).

Well that's the price for messing with things! I had completely forgotten about that particolar option (not that I had gotten any Prophet anyway). The AI doesn't seem to know how to use it either.

I have no idea why I can't keep things straight.

Decided to update to current AND2 and when I load I get a game without boarders (no Bug, no Civilipidea, no exit, no bottom, no anything , EXCEPT A SERIES OF ERROR MESSAGES THAT POP UP AND DISAPPEAR BEFORE I CAN READ THEM OR JOT THEM DOWN).

Looking for guidance once again. Save attached.

When I load the regular ROM everything shows correctly.

I have no idea why I can't keep things straight.

Decided to update to current AND2 and when I load I get a game without boarders (no Bug, no Civilipidea, no exit, no bottom, no anything , EXCEPT A SERIES OF ERROR MESSAGES THAT POP UP AND DISAPPEAR BEFORE I CAN READ THEM OR JOT THEM DOWN).

Looking for guidance once again. Save attached.

When I load the regular ROM everything shows correctly.

For the n-th time, you can't have both ROM and AND installed at the same time (unless you change folder name for ROM while you play with AND). This problem arises when you play both AND and ROM.

45°38'N-13°47'E;12980467 said:
For the n-th time, you can't have both ROM and AND installed at the same time (unless you change folder name for ROM while you play with AND). This problem arises when you play both AND and ROM.

What is your recommendation? Clean install, delete ROM or what?

Delete "Rise of Mankind" folder and just keep "Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn"; that should do it, no need to reinstall. If it doesn't work, delete "Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn" as well and reinstall it (I think it shouldn't be necessary anyway).
Just keep in mind that you can't have both "Rise of Mankind" and "Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn" folders in your Mod folder at the same time, otherwise you'll get that problem.

All you need to do is place RoM in a folder outside the BtS folder, use cut and paste when you want to play AND. Then when you want to play RoM put it back into the BtS/mods folder. When you do this swap, for whichever mod you want to play, just remember to hold down the Shift key while the Mod loads to clear the cache of data stored from playing the other mod.

Most likely even if you have both mods in the Mods folder just remembering to hold Shift down while either Mod loads should correct your problem.

I can't go as far as 45* and tell you to delete RoM Mod but you must be aware of this interrelated mod behavior. Too much of RoM still lives in AND.

JosEPh

Unfortunately, I get a repeatable CTD if I end the turn. I haven`t have one of those for a long time.
Save attached.

Attachments

• Crash.zip
    2.8 MB · Views: 278
Unfortunately, I get a repeatable CTD if I end the turn. I haven`t have one of those for a long time.
Save attached.

I've played 1 turn and the game crashed the following turn, but I can't get a report. Do you have any minidump.dmp file in your BTS folder? It should be created when the game crashes. If so, please upload it. Thank you.

When I try to start games any later than the Ancient Era, the previous religions don't get founded. I just started a game on Monarch and played for 5 turns, then WBed in a great prophet that popped Theology, and I founded Christianity.

Is it supposed to work like this or is something wrong here? I want to see Judaism in this game!

When I try to start games any later than the Ancient Era, the previous religions don't get founded. I just started a game on Monarch and played for 5 turns, then WBed in a great prophet that popped Theology, and I founded Christianity.

Is it supposed to work like this or is something wrong here? I want to see Judaism in this game!

I've noticed in some mods that when you start on later starts, then religions don't get founded.
Realism Invictus and C2C are the only two mods I've used anything other than an Ancient Era start (Or in C2C's case, a Prehistoric Era start) and in both cases any religion that showed up prior to that Era just don't show up. In standard BTS they'd be randomly assigned to players, but I guess there's something in these mods that prevents that from happening?

Oh, I should have posted this in the SVN thread. I've got SVN revision 667.

I'll rig it with world builder for now.

A bug I found today: something, probably either No City Limits or Scale City Limits, is breaking the Civics page of the Civilopedia out-of-game. This was not present in v663. The next civic in the list is Chiefdom. In-game, the Civilopedia works fine. I don't quite know how to fix it.

View attachment 367673

Never know when something has been reported or not but here is what I am experiencing in build 667.

My ship patrols do not function. That is barbarian ships are allowed to attack sea resouces without first engaging in ships on patrol guarding the asset. Further when the asset is destroyed the Fish Hut and Fish Nets cease functioning as expected, HOWEVER, another city's Fish Hut in process could no longer be built and did not show in the menu of building available. It did not show up as available until the originally destroyed fishing grounds was rebuilt.

Buck

Here is the Minidump.
Thanks for investigating.

Attachments

• MiniDump_662.zip
    17 KB · Views: 256
A bug I found today: something, probably either No City Limits or Scale City Limits, is breaking the Civics page of the Civilopedia out-of-game. This was not present in v663. The next civic in the list is Chiefdom. In-game, the Civilopedia works fine. I don't quite know how to fix it.

View attachment 367673

I know but I don't think I can fix it. It depend on Scale city limits. Sevopedia tries to get a value which is undefined until you choose a mapsize. I'll look how C2C team has solved this issue, if they have.

Top Bottom