AND SVN Build Thread

I was having problems like this in C2C but only when attacking in stacks. The problem apparently was some combat mod they added in but forgot to disable (Since it wasn't working properly I guess) that chose the worst possible unit to enter combat when using a stack. A Shock III Archer would fight that Cover II Archer instead of that weakened Stone maceman every time, and melee units would throw themselves against anti-melee units without fail. The game would display 98% odds or whatever, but promptly suicide the unit against something that counters it instead and the combat logs would display something like 8% or 16%.

Given what 45N said, I doubt this is the cause - but it does sound similar :)
Might be you're just getting very unlucky (It happens) but who knows? I haven't noticed anything different combat-wise yet myself. Still, after you lose a battle like that don't forget to check the combat log. If you lose like three 90%+ odds battles in your favor, check the combat logs to see if they still present those odds prior to the battle. If the game tooltip displays 85% but the combat logs show something like 22% for the same battle, then something might be up.

I've done some test myself and I couldn't find any problems with odds. But I remember in one of the latest changes TB from C2C solved an OOS bug that was causing wrong odds being displayed in single player also. Probably odds shown were wrong before that change. Now they look ok to me anyway.

rev677

• Burning forest/jungle goes obsolete with Bronze Working, only chopping allowed after BW
  • Unique Units / Unique Buildings fixed when Assimilation is turned off (problem from C2C rev6164)
  • Units surviving sinking ships back into service!

45°38'N-13°47'E;13064702 said:
rev677

• Burning forest/jungle goes obsolete with Bronze Working, only chopping allowed after BW
  • Unique Units / Unique Buildings fixed when Assimilation is turned off (problem from C2C rev6164)
  • Units surviving sinking ships back into service!

Currently uploading

:goodjob:

So, will the next revision or two bring back the testing phase? :)

:goodjob:

So, will the next revision or two bring back the testing phase? :)

I think so; my next update should hopefully contain some multiplayer fix, but it can wait. I think we can wait for next Vokarya's update and then resume some testing. I shouldn't have big problems to solve right now (I hope).

45°38'N-13°47'E;13064702 said:
rev677

[*]Units surviving sinking ships back into service!

We should build you a statue 45°!!

With the MOD loaded will it update itself if I click "check for updates"?

I know the SVN won't.

With the MOD loaded will it update itself if I click "check for updates"?

I know the SVN won't.

No, I guess you're talking about Civilization updates (and there won't be anymore). The mod doesn't have any auto update function.

Just in time for the weekend, here's rev678!

New:
  • New Project: Penicillin (available at Modern Health Care; +3 health all cities worldwide, +5% gold and science for builder's cities, event grants Heal promotion for Gunpowder, Recon, Siege, Helicopter, Hi-Tech, and Clone units)
  • New text file: AND Tech Strategy CIV4GameText.xml. Contains rewritten strategy Civilopedia entries for all techs in game. All translations of pedia strategy tech entries should go here.
Removed:
  • Removed Mountaineer promotion
  • Removed Synthetic Rubber resource
Buildings Changes:
  • Arsenal adds 1 Engineer slot; Cannon Forge adds 1 Engineer slot and +20% Land Unit Production; both replace Armourer
  • Bauhaus School reduced to +1 hammer from Artist and +1 commerce from Engineer
  • Candlemaker's Shop requires Apiary OR Butchery (not both)
  • Drydock moved to Machine Tools
  • Hospital no longer gets health bonus with Modern Health Care
  • Madison Avenue reduced to +1 commerce from Artist and Merchant
  • Mapster produces GPP towards Great Spy, not Spy
  • Recycled Goods Factory gets +1 commerce with Paper
  • Rubber Plant produces Vulcanized Rubber
  • Stable and Knight's Stable obsolete with Mechanized Warfare (matches when Cavalry upgrades to Tanks)
  • Town Watch adds 1 Spy slot
  • Great Person points from all Wonders regularized (World Wonders produce 2 GPP; Corporate HQ's and National Wonders produce 1 GPP; most resource-providing National Wonders and Ascension Gate produce 0 GPP)
Events Changes:
  • Classic Literature quest event triggers at Literature (when Libraries become available)
Graphics Changes:
  • New icons for Polytheism, Dualism, Athletics, Calendar, Literature, and Education when associated religion not yet founded
Promotion Changes:
  • Amphibious no longer gives strength bonus
  • Guerrilla III can pass Peaks
  • Mountain Leader renamed to Mountaineer
Unit Changes:
  • A-10 Thunderbolt moved from Guided Weapons to Modern Warfare
  • Battlecruiser strength lowered to 42 and speed lowered to 6
  • Conquistador strength lowered to 18 (matching Cuirassier)
  • East Indiaman upgrades to Steamer
  • Fusion Cruiser, Fusion Battleship added Fusion tech requirement (was possible to research all the way to other prerequisites without Fusion)
  • Galleon, Steamer add Ignore Building Defense (will only have effect if given Bombardier promotions)
  • Gunship, AH64 Gunship, Hybrid Gunship, Dropship start with Amphibious
  • Heavy Cavalry strength lowered to 10, speed raised to 2, withdraw increased to 10%, deleted Guilds tech requirement and changed Horse Breeding to Stirrup
  • Landing Ship Tank moved to Amphibious Warfare
  • Mobile SAM moved to Guided Weapons and can be built with Oil Products or Biofuel
  • Motorized Infantry moved from Automobile to Armored Vehicles
  • Modern Marine changed from Amphibious Warfare to Modern Warfare
  • SAM Infantry moved to Advanced Rocketry
  • Siege Ram can be captured
  • War Prizes updated to allow plundering gold from Cog and Steamer

rev679

• More French translations
  • Added dbkblk to credits page
  • Pedia crash fixed
  • Some Hints updated (thank you Sogroon)
  • Improved OOS Logger (courtesy Alrik2002)
  • Pitboss crash fixed (still going OOS at start anyway)
  • Some CTD fixed (rev 7007, 7076 from C2C)
  • Some code imported from K-Mod, especially some OOS fix
  • Some more OOS fixed, possibly the ship movement OOS

As you can see I've mostly worked on multiplayer. There are still single player issues to be addressed, but nothing game-breaking so far. Hopefully, we'll soon have a MP working A New Dawn. :)

45°38'N-13°47'E;13092233 said:
rev679

• More French translations
  • Added dbkblk to credits page
  • Pedia crash fixed
  • Improved OOS Logger (courtesy Alrik2002)
  • Pitboss crash fixed (still going OOS at start anyway)
  • Some CTD fixed (rev 7007, 7076 from C2C)
  • Some code imported from K-Mod, especially some OOS fix
  • Some more OOS fixed, possibly the ship movement OOS

As you can see I've mostly worked on multiplayer. There are still single player issues to be addressed, but nothing game-breaking so far. Hopefully, we'll soon have a MP working A New Dawn. :)

Fantastic! Incredible progress towards a stable mod in multiplayer. Congratulations and thank you very much for your effort.

Now we just need the new update of Vokarya and I can upload the next patch of Mega Civ Pack. Thank you very much to you both!. :)

45°38'N-13°47'E;13092233 said:
rev679

It was my privilidge :)
Is there anything else that I could help with my humple skills?
For example: Gathering missing civilopedia description?

I try to update the translation up to rev 679 but i don't understand why Vokarya created a new file "AND Tech Strategy CIV4GameText.XML". It's a good idea to gather the text files of AND but right now, it just created a duplicate of EVERY strategy string.

Is there a plan behind that ?

BTW, the updated file has just kept english strings. Do you know a way to quickly merge it with "RoM_GameText_Strategy.xml" and "Vokarya Techs CIV4GameText.xml".

I try to update the translation up to rev 679 but i don't understand why Vokarya created a new file "AND Tech Strategy CIV4GameText.XML". It's a good idea to gather the text files of AND but right now, it just created a duplicate of EVERY strategy string.

Is there a plan behind that ?

BTW, the updated file has just kept english strings. Do you know a way to quickly merge it with "RoM_GameText_Strategy.xml" and "Vokarya Techs CIV4GameText.xml".

I am not completely sure how the game handles which text files to load; I know when I created the file, the new entries were the only ones appearing, but now that I have updated to the new SVN, the old entries have priority again. What I would like to do is purge RoM_GameText_Strategy.xml of all other tech strategy entries and leave only the ones in the new file. Do you think there would be any problems if I did that?

What I would like to do is purge RoM_GameText_Strategy.xml of all other tech strategy entries and leave only the ones in the new file. Do you think there would be any problems if I did that?

No i don't think so. While translating weeks ago, i found many duplicate entries in the various text file. I'll try to dress up a list of these with "TextCrawler".

About your new file, i'll copy/paste the translated entries from the old strategy file when i'll have some free time.

rev680

• Fixed Advanced Cargo Mod not working with Formations option (thank you Maska_zgz)
  • Fixed "Unknown" Civilization bug

Edit: Unknown Civilization shouldn't happen in any newly started game; nothing I can do at the moment if you are experiencing it in a game already started with a previous revision; the problem might disappear when that "unknown" civ changes civics.

45°38'N-13°47'E;13103709 said:
rev680

• Fixed Advanced Cargo Mod not working with Formations option (thank you Maska_zgz)
  • Fixed "Unknown" Civilization bug

Edit: Unknown Civilization shouldn't happen in any newly started game; nothing I can do at the moment if you are experiencing it in a game already started with a previous revision; the problem might disappear when that "unknown" civ changes civics.

Perfect! Although it seems a small thing, the Unknown Civilization bug is quite annoying. Thank you so much! :goodjob:

Top Bottom