America: Write Your Own History

Lewis Cass. War on Mexico.

Did John C. Calhoun come here from the future?

No, but evidence that a civil war was going to happen was around in this time, hence the gag rule. I think the first guy to warn against it was... a candidate from the 1800s. I don't remember who.

Richard M. Johnson

We need more Mole People!

Johnson. For the Mole People and Science!

Henry Clay

John C. Calhoun.

They all have a plan of attacking Mexico, other than clay. However, the best treasury is the fullest treasury.

Richard Mole Johnson
"Wants to send an expedition to the North Pole to instigate claims of a Hollow Earth filled with Mole People" Incredible.

Lewis Cass

Clay

His first term was impressive enough that imo he surely deserves another

1844: The Popular Sovereign Votes

Votes:

(Texas not yet annexed. Vancouver a part of Oregon Territory. Quebec, Hawaii, and Durban three unlisted territories)

Slavery in Minnesota Territory?
Yes 3
No 8

Slavery in Unorganized Territory?
Yes 2
No 9

Slavery in Oregon Territory?
Yes 2
No 9

Slavery in Utah Territory?
Yes 2
No 9

Slavery in New Mexico Territory?

Yes 4
No 7

Slavery in Quebec Territory?
Yes 2
No 9

Slavery in Hawaiian and Oceanic Territories?
Yes 4
No 7

Slavery in Unorganized South African Territories?
Yes 6
No 5

Minimum Treasury?
(For this vote, I will take into consideration a compromise and middle ground)
100 1
300 4
500 2
800 0
1000 5

The Popular Sovereign Votes have closed. In this historic popular democratic election, the territories have unanimously voted to keep out slavery on the continental United States. However, in a strange turn of events, the territories of South Africa which were originally made for freed slaves have instead become a safe haven for slavers looking for opportunity. Furthermore, the federal reserve has agreed to increase their minimum treasury.

The Popular Sovereign votes have widely infuriated southern states, which now feel prosecuted. They have began portraying him as anti-slavery, although in reality Cass' opinion is sympathetic for slavery. He, however, does not want the federal government determining that.

No slavery in all of them, 300 gold in treasury.

What I suggest if you're adding more votes is that you turn this into a "Model Congress" game, where us players can write bills to do various stuff in-game and organize into political parties like in US congress. Because we can't possibly cover everything, one of us could run for President (you would still run the game, but it would be much more in the players' hands). If you don't want to ruin the historicity of the game, we could all be Senators and write bills, but you would propose the Presidents and make their decisions about vetoing. I think it would be a pretty cool idea, but it's your call.

Top Bottom