Ingame Editor

That's not what I meant. I meant I want to place units not under my control on the map so that I can test combat animations. I know how to place units under my own control, but I don't know how to take seat.

You go to "Units" and then just choose the units you want to place. If this unit replaces for example the Swordsman, then you find the Unique Unit under the "normal" Swordsmen.

I believe he means units belonging to another player/team; rather than a UA.

I'd answer the question myself if I could remember the steps precisely enough to describe them. ;)

If you can't do this with IGE (and I'd be very surprised if you can't), you can do it with FireTuner (aka LiveTuner - from the SDK) on the Map tab you can select both the civ and the unit type you want to place

Oh, that it is^^
Well, i don't know it for sure, as my PC always crashes when changing Civs, but you can change the CIv you're playing. Just go to the "Leader"-Picture at the right top corner and choose the Civ you want to play. Then you can place the Units you want.
As i said, can't test it, but I think it should work that way...

Hello DonQuiche, I'm using IDE with BC1's EUI and both mods use the same position on the top bar.

I would like to get the IGE button a few lines down, is it possible and if yes could you tell me with part of your code I need to change?

Thank you.

Unfortunately, whatever I do with the position of the IGE label, it will always cause trouble for someone : the space on the left is limited under low resolutions and may be filled up by other mods, and there are mods who are already on the left of clocks.

So I suggest you rather customize it for yourself, it's really easy : open the "IGE_Window.xml" file with the notepad. It's located under "My Documents/My Games/Civ5/Mods/Ingame Editor". Now search for "MainButton" and it will reach a line at the very bottom that looks like :

Just change the "offset" field to "380,6" for example and it will be tailored for you. :)
The first number is the margin from the right side and the second one the margin from the top side. Civ5 will need to be restarted in order for the change to take effet.

Here, from the front page^^

EDIT: No problem :D
Oh, and nice Mod(-pack) you made^^ Like it :p

The attached modified "IGE_Window.lua" script automatically positions IGE's main menu button so it does not overlap with other stuff. Although intended to work with EUI, it is also designed to work fine without EUI.
Simply replace IGE's "IGE_Window.lua" file with the modified one.
Cheers

Attachments

• IGE_Window.zip
    4.5 KB · Views: 3,178
Hey^^
Well, i am using your mod in version 39, have all Expansions with the latest update, Win 7 x64 and have a problem.
I can't place cities, units, or teleport units. I can infact do all the other things you can do with IGE.
At the beginning it worked, but with the new game, it won't let me anymore
As i got a Msvcr90.dll error, which, appereantly had something to do with a mod i now don't use (Tradable Food Resources) anymore, i reinstalled the game.
And now, as i said, it has that little bug.

I was using your mod to check if resources were showing up from special mods on Steam. Somehow the Fog of War dissapeared and when I went back to play a normal game everything was revealed world wide???? How do I restore the Fog of War to the game? I have tried several things but it is a no go.Shut down and restart, Removed cache,etc. I am lost...Please advise???? Thanks.

Question: Is there a mod to fix the bug/annoyance where the resource icons for resources under cities do not show? (I must hover over cities to discover their resources, which is time-consuming. AI loves to found cities over stuff.) Ingame Editor apparently does this when the menu is open, but also reveals the resources you haven't discovered the tech for yet, so if that mod doesn't exist perhaps you should make an offshoot mod...

I havent played for awhile and used this mods, since version (36) to be precise. I just downloaded (39.1).

is there a changelog cause i want to see what has been changed/added

Still open for requests. If so I've got two:
  • The ability to change City state personality, e.g. make a city state friendly in stead of hostile, and current influence with the city state
  • The ability to change selected units promotions

BTW: Super tool :goodjob:

\Skodkim

So I messed around with the mod, and it works great for the most part.

However if I switch to another empire, I can't seem to switch back. My game just freezes if I try.
Playing on PC, great specs, full game with all expansions/DLC. No other mods.

So I messed around with the mod, and it works great for the most part.

However if I switch to another empire, I can't seem to switch back. My game just freezes if I try.
Playing on PC, great specs, full game with all expansions/DLC. No other mods.

If you switch back to your original civ after visiting a different civ IGE will not freeze. It is a pain to do so, just remember to always go back between visits to other civs.

I'm playing the game on linux, I followed the instruction to install mods on mac, but I'm unable to do anything when I play with the ingame editor mod activated, I can't start producing anything in the city. Is there any way to fix this ? Thanks in advance.
http://imgur.com/ZuAWFtN

I'm playing the game on linux, I followed the instruction to install mods on mac, but I'm unable to do anything when I play with the ingame editor mod activated, I can't start producing anything in the city. Is there any way to fix this ? Thanks in advance.
http://imgur.com/ZuAWFtN
Same problem here.
The relevant area of the lua log:
Spoiler :
Code:
[139.243] Map Script: -----------------------------------------------------
[139.243] Map Script: -------------------------------
[139.243] Map Script: Map Generation - Adding Goodies
[139.271] Map Script: -------------------------------
[139.271] Map Script: Determining continents for art purposes (MapGenerator.Lua)
[167.159] CivilopediaScreen: SetSelectedCategory(12)
[167.159] CivilopediaScreen: CivilopediaCategory[CategoryTerrain].DisplayList
[167.178] CivilopediaScreen: SetSelectedCategory(1)
[167.178] CivilopediaScreen: CivilopediaCategory[CategoryHomePage].DisplayList
[167.917] Tutorial: Loaded Additional Tutorial checks - Assets\dlc\expansion\Tutorial\lua\tutorialinclude_expansion1.lua
[168.057] Runtime Error: \home\lordjason\.local\share\Aspyr\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Ingame Editor (v 39)\IGE_InfoToolTipInclude.lua:239: attempt to call global 'L' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
	\home\lordjason\.local\share\Aspyr\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Ingame Editor (v 39)\IGE_InfoToolTipInclude.lua:239: in function 'GetHelpTextForBuilding'
	Assets\dlc\expansion\UI\InGame\techtree\techbuttoninclude.lua:451: in function 'AdjustArtOnGrantedBuildingButton'
	Assets\dlc\expansion\UI\InGame\techtree\techbuttoninclude.lua:109: in function 'AddSmallButtonsToTechButton'
	Assets\dlc\expansion\UI\TechTree\techtree.lua:490: in function 'AddTechButton'
	Assets\dlc\expansion\UI\TechTree\techtree.lua:341: in function 'InitialSetup'
	Assets\dlc\expansion\UI\TechTree\techtree.lua:866: in main chunk
	=[C]: ?
[168.057] Runtime Error: Error loading Assets\dlc\expansion\UI\TechTree\techtree.lua.
[168.277] GenericPopup: Loaded Popup - Assets\dlc\expansion\UI\InGame\popupsgeneric\declarewarmovepopup.lua
[168.277] GenericPopup: Loaded Popup - Assets\dlc\expansion\UI\InGame\popupsgeneric\puppetcitypopup.lua
[168.277] GenericPopup: Loaded Popup - Assets\ui\ingame\popupsgeneric\confirmimprovementrebuildpopup.lua
[168.277] GenericPopup: Loaded Popup - Assets\ui\ingame\popupsgeneric\networkkickedpopup.lua
[168.277] GenericPopup: Loaded Popup - Assets\ui\ingame\popupsgeneric\cityplotmanagementpopup.lua
[168.277] GenericPopup: Loaded Popup - Assets\ui\ingame\popupsgeneric\confirmcommandpopup.lua
[168.277] GenericPopup: Loaded Popup - Assets\ui\ingame\popupsgeneric\minorciventerterritorypopup.lua
[168.277] GenericPopup: Loaded Popup - Assets\ui\ingame\popupsgeneric\liberateminorpopup.lua
[168.277] GenericPopup: Loaded Popup - Assets\ui\ingame\popupsgeneric\returncivilianpopup.lua
[168.277] GenericPopup: Loaded Popup - Assets\ui\ingame\popupsgeneric\annexcitypopup.lua
[168.277] GenericPopup: Loaded Popup - Assets\ui\ingame\popupsgeneric\declarewarmovepopup.lua
[168.277] GenericPopup: Loaded Popup - Assets\ui\ingame\popupsgeneric\barbarianransompopup.lua
[168.277] GenericPopup: Loaded Popup - Assets\ui\ingame\popupsgeneric\confirmgiftpopup.lua
[168.277] GenericPopup: Loaded Popup - Assets\ui\ingame\popupsgeneric\confirmcitytaskpopup.lua
[168.277] GenericPopup: Loaded Popup - Assets\ui\ingame\popupsgeneric\puppetcitypopup.lua
[168.277] GenericPopup: Loaded Popup - Assets\ui\ingame\popupsgeneric\declarewarrangestrikepopup.lua
[168.277] GenericPopup: Loaded Popup - Assets\ui\ingame\popupsgeneric\confirmpolicybranchpopup.lua
[168.277] GenericPopup: Loaded Popup - Assets\ui\ingame\popupsgeneric\minorcivgoldpopup.lua
[169.295] ChoosePantheonPopup: 180
[169.296] ChoosePantheonPopup: 963
[169.296] ChoosePantheonPopup: 1143
[169.817] IGE_Controller_All: ****************************************************************
[169.817] IGE_Controller_All: Starting...
[169.857] IGE_Overlay: loaded
[169.874] IGE_CityBanner: loaded
[169.876] IGE_MiniMap: loaded
[169.920] IGE_TabsBar: IGE_TabsBar
[169.933] IGE_ActivePlayerSelection: IGE_ActivePlayerSelection
[169.952] IGE_RiversElement: IGE_RiversElement
[169.970] IGE_TerrainPanel: IGE_TerrainPanel
[170.003] IGE_CitiesPanel: IGE_CitiesPanel
[170.017] IGE_UnitsPanel: IGE_UnitsPanel
[170.045] IGE_PlayersPanel: IGE_PlayersPanel
[170.059] IGE_TechsPanel: IGE_TechsPanel
[170.074] IGE_PoliciesPanel: IGE_PoliciesPanel
[170.099] IGE_ConfirmPopup: IGE_ConfirmPopup
[170.148] IGE_Window: IGE_Window
[170.148] IGE_Window: IGE_ShareGlobalAndOptions
[170.148] IGE_Window: IGE_SharingGlobalAndOptions, IGE=...
[170.148] IGE_Window: IGE loaded
[171.594] AdvisorInfoPopup: Closing Advisor Info
[171.594] Demographics: Dequeuing demographics
[171.595] Demographics: Dequeuing demographics
[235.092] Runtime Error: \home\lordjason\.local\share\Aspyr\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Ingame Editor (v 39)\IGE_InfoToolTipInclude.lua:49: attempt to call global 'L' (a nil value)

I'm not a lua person myself, but I looked at what I can. I'm confused about where 'L' is even defined. I can see that IGE_CityBanner.lua,IGE_ProductionPopup.lua,IGE_WonderPopup.lua, and GE_API_All.lua all include IGE_InfoToolTipInclude. But unless I overlooked something, I don't see L defined in any of those either.
Just tell me what else you need and I'll get that info posted asap.

Hello everyone.

@Civitar
Well, your message was long month old but anyway, you can click the top right corner of IGE to select another civ. After that new units that you spawn will belong to this civ.

@dlk
Players panel, there should be two options, "reveal the map" and "preview map", or something like that.

@Skodkim
This won't happen anyway but the first was not possible, and the second was only partially possible, hence why they were never added. ;)

@abj9562
You can also enable the safe mode in IGE's options (right-click the IGE label).

@LordJason
The Linux version of the game seems to have some problems, yeah. The "L" function is used for localization and is defined in IGE_Utils but it will not lead you anywhere (sorry for the bad func name btw but it is pretty conventional for such functions due to their frequent use).

The problem is that IGE's tool tip functions are called by the main game while they should not. It can be for two reasons:

* In the Windows version, when a mod declares a new file (not a file with an existing filename and meant to replace the vanilla file), then its declarations are stored in a separate and isolated context/namespace. A mod and the base game can then each have different functions with the same name and each one will call its own. It could be that in the Linux version mods everything belongs to the same namespace.

* It could be a file system path problem: in the Windows version there were already such problems where only the first N characters of each filename were stored to unique identify them, so files "civilizationrocks1" and "civilizationrocks2" were considered to be the same. The game could consider that IGE_InfoToolTipInclude.lua should replace InfoToolTipInclude.lua while it should actually not.

Anyway I may be wrong but I doubt so and it does not look like something I can fix. I think this is a linux version bug and you will have to wait for a patch. Meanwhile you can report my hypotheses to Firaxis, maybe it will help them sort things out if they didn't already. If you really insist to use IGE right now, then you should try to rename all functions in all files in the "BulkUI" directory to remove all conflicts with the game.

I think, I may have encountered a mod compatibility conflict.
I'm new to Civ5 and was browsing through the mods and selecting whatever looked interesting. Mostly minor tweaks and stuff. After starting with my complete selection of a dozen little mods and IGe and trying to access IGE I got an error message telling me it couldn#t be accessed due to a mod conflict or probably because the version isn't up to date.
After deactivating the 'Strategic Building Pack' from TheCrazyScotsman in the mod menu (I figured added buidlings would be most likely to cause problems) and retrying everything worked fine. So hopefully this will be a helpful information.

I didn't check if this was posted before. I just followed the suggestion to report incompatibilities.

Apart of that I want to say: Great editor! Thanks a lot for the effort. I appreciate it very much!

Top Bottom