America: Write Your Own History

OOC: Jeez things have gotten nutty.

Yes: Argentina (the Argentines cancel the vassalization agreement.) (OOC: Is this allowed?)

Rioting breaks out in Santiago!

Hundreds of Argentinian people have taken to the streets, stating that they will not support being "Perro de los Rojos". The Mayor of Santiago has not commented on this.

Yes: Argentina (the Argentines cancel the vassalization agreement.) (OOC: Is this allowed?)

Hundreds of Argentinian people have taken to the streets, stating that they will not support being "Perro de los Rojos". The Mayor of Santiago has not commented on this.

WHAT ARE YOU DOING GAAAHHH THINGS WERE GOING SO WELL :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

I wonder how this is going to turn out. For example will we see a mass exodus of military personal from the US army like with what happened in the RL Civil War?(Which really hurt the Union during the first two years badly. Lee was the one that hurt the most though since he was offered right at the beginning control over all the US armed forces.)

Good Evening citizens! I have read much, I have heard much and I have seen much said in the wake of Mr Foster's election and the difficult decision we in Australia have taken in order to claim our independence, much of it has been negative in America as one would expect while others bide their time but now I speak our defence.

I will admit I was once an American citizen but now I have chosen to join Australia and it's assorted territories in their quest to determine a future not dictated to them by Washington DC. As an American I cast my mind back, the year was 1777, a nation was born in the fires of revolution with the declaration of independence by the oppressed citizens of the thirteen colonies, founded on ideals of democracy, freedom and liberty. The nation that declared itself free in 1777 and gained recognition of that freedom in 1796 is of course the United States of America, but the institution that masquerades itself as America could not be further from that glorious vision that the founding fathers had. There is still democracy, but freedom and liberty will soon be leaving that land.

These are bold claims I know and now I will defend them. Communism, the political ideology that seems to have swept the nation and planted Mr Foster in office, it is one of the greatest threats to liberty and freedom that I have ever had the great misfortune to witness. I barely know where to begin but I suppose one must.
Communism as an ideology will lead to tyranny, it destroys all property rights and all independence from the state, as workers you will work for the state and it will claim to provide all you need, but what shall happen when we speak out? When we criticize the state for its shortcomings? An essential part of a democratic system, but under Communism the state is everything and to criticize the state is to invite yourself to be cut off and abandoned, you will not be able to pay for anything and the all pervading state will exclude you from society. The Communists will claim that this will not happen, that critical feedback is welcomed, but all it takes is one bad man in a position of power and you will see how Communists deal with criticism. In America I led a peaceful group and we were slandered, we were hounded and we were threatened by Communists all because we professed ourselves reject Communism, now the same people who harassed me and my colleagues are the ones in power, I saw their true nature when they were still weak and as the saying goes, power corrupts.

Communism punishes the wealth creators and the hard-working, I am sure the communists will point to "evil" capitalists who benefited from hard working men while doing little or who had terrible conditions in their businesses and paid their workers a pittance. But I know that following President Debs may he rest in peace, such actions were illegal and there were many steps in place to protect the hard working and ensure that any man who strove for a better life could achieve his aim, if the system failed it was due to short-comings in enforcement rather than a failure in the system itself. I am but one of the many businessmen and entrepreneurs who have come to Australia to have the freedom to benefit from my own labor and drive to achieve greatness. If we are the ones who grind, who spend our lives pulling, pushing and exerting ourselves then why should a man who stays in bed, who wastes his days in an alehouse, who doesnt give two cents or a damn about success be given the same wage and same privileges? Australia is a nation of grafters, of men and women who know what a day of hard yakka entails and Australians should be given the freedom to benefit from this!

I am a believer in liberty and freedom, it is the sweetest nectar while oppression is the sourest vinegar. There is no wealth like freedom and no poverty like tyranny, to be a poor man but with the freedom to take his life into his hands and do with it what he will is preferable to be a rich slave who is oppressed. The Communists offer lies of wealth, what phantom wealth they do offer comes at the cost of your liberty and individuality, their actions will reduce all men to beasts though they claim this is not their aim. In this modern age we as a nation, as a society have recognized that freedom unchecked is no true freedom at all, so we have taken steps to protect the vulnerable from those who would seek to abuse our freedom, thus creating a better and ultimately freer society, all of which Communism seeks to undo. The Communists of mainland America will try to take our freedom but we shall not surrender, we will fight for the freedom to choose our own jobs! to choose our own entertainment! And to choose where we spend our own money! In short we will fight to live our lives as free people!

My friends, my fellow countrymen. We gather now to declare the Australian War of Independence against oppression, we can only hope that our right to self determination is recognized but it if is not... Then we shall fight, and in the name of God and of liberty we shall win!

It has been many years since these words have been relevant but now I can say: give me freedom or give me death!

I wonder how this is going to turn out. For example will we see a mass exodus of military personal from the US army like with what happened in the RL Civil War?(Which really hurt the Union during the first two years badly. Lee was the one that hurt the most though since he was offered right at the beginning control over all the US armed forces.)

I suppose this will depend on where the majority of US soldiers come from, undoubtedly the brightest military minds among the officers would be more likely to oppose Communism but then again their loyalty to the States and the government may well trump that.

Well, here we go. War.
Capitalists to America :backstab:

Australian marines are ordered by President Bruce to storm Pacific islands and cut off trade between California and Asia.
(Yes, I'm modding in the Australian Civ)

I may not agree with your beliefs Pliped, but I too thought that was a beautiful speech. Too bad you joined the wrong side. You already had liberty before you became a traitor so you'll be getting death!

Mr. Liped, you are a true American hero. May you be remembered for generations.
Communists to the Founding Fathers: :ar15:

We Only Want the Earth

Some men, faint-hearted, ever seek
Our programme to retouch,
And will insist, whene’er they speak
That we demand too much.
’Tis passing strange, yet I declare
Such statements give me mirth,
For our demands most moderate are,
We only want the earth.

“Be moderate,” the trimmers cry,
Who dread the tyrants’ thunder.
“You ask too much and people By
From you aghast in wonder.”
’Tis passing strange, for I declare
Such statements give me mirth,
For our demands most moderate are,
We only want the earth.

Our masters all a godly crew,
Whose hearts throb for the poor,
Their sympathies assure us, too,
If our demands were fewer.
Most generous souls! But please observe,
What they enjoy from birth
Is all we ever had the nerve
To ask, that is, the earth.

The “labour fakir” full of guile,
Base doctrine ever preaches,
And whilst he bleeds the rank and file
Tame moderation teaches.
Yet, in despite, we’ll see the day
When, with sword in its girth,
Labour shall march in war array
To realize its own, the earth.

For labour long, with sighs and tears,
To its oppressors knelt.
But never yet, to aught save fears,
Did the heart of tyrant melt.
We need not kneel, our cause no dearth
Of loyal soldiers’ needs
And our victorious rallying cry
Shall be we want the earth!

-James Connolly

the only way to cancel capitulation is to worldbuilder it away

You know if anything this might actually help with the Stability problems somewhat. So ironically this could very well save the US.

If it doesn't help and we collapse you do realize it will be all your guys' faults right? :p

Top Bottom