Final Fixes Reborn

I tried to download this from the link in the first post, but 7zip gave me a bunch of "unsupported compression method" errors. Thoughts?

Anyone else having UI issues after the steam update yesterday? I have text that is not showing up correctly (changing to system default) and various icons aren't showing up (like religion and trade).

Tried re-installing AoE, but no change.

Anyone else having UI issues after the steam update yesterday? I have text that is not showing up correctly (changing to system default) and various icons aren't showing up (like religion and trade).

Tried re-installing AoE, but no change.

I've got this problem too! Huzzah, someone who has my problem!

...there a solution?

I've got this problem too! Huzzah, someone who has my problem!

...there a solution?

If you are using the Steam version, you can roll it back to pre-patch version (3.19) using the 'Beta' tab.

Right click the game in your 'LIBRARY', then go to 'properties', then 'BETAS'
Choose the 'original_release_...' from 'Select the beta you would like to opt into'

The game will have to start re-download pre-patch files.

Hey guys, for some reason when I start a new map I am getting oceanic/forest tiles that get the yield of both. Is this normal? Because it seems extremely weird.

Tree Forests or Kelp Forests?

Tree Forests or Kelp Forests?

Actually Oceanic/Forest tiles, not kelp forests. And after playing around with it they happen only when I use the frozen world challenge, the one where everything starts frozen and slowly warms up.

Speaking of that, sometimes my games refuse to turn that option on or off. Meaning, I can start a game with it off and it still starts it with that option and vice versa. I don't know why its like this.

That's odd. What map settings are you using? As for the frozen world issue, try starting a "Play Now" game. You don't have to finish it, just get to turn 1 of the game, then you can quit to the main menu.

Ahem.

So a hillarious bug that was never fixed. Not sure if its on the list.

Create Swamp(Mazatl shapers), can destroy unique improvements.

... I accidentally felled the world-tree with said. o.o...

Hey,

I'm just coming back to RFE, and the launcher isn't working for me.

I'm using steam on Windows 7. Any suggestions as to why?

David Brown

EDIT: Just figured it out. Apparently, there are TWO mod folders in steam, and it only works if it's in the one that has the file path \Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword\Beyond the Sword\Mods rather than C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword\Mods

Hey,

I'm just coming back to RFE, and the launcher isn't working for me.

I'm using steam on Windows 7. Any suggestions as to why?

David Brown

EDIT: Just figured it out. Apparently, there are TWO mod folders in steam, and it only works if it's in the one that has the file path \Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword\Beyond the Sword\Mods rather than C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword\Mods

yes, because "\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword\Mods" is mod folder for the original civilization4, but "Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword\Beyond the Sword\Mods" belongs to the Beyond the Sword expansion (which is where you should be running Fall from Heaven)

I just have come back to see progress in this modmod and see how things are going. I'll download the latest update and see how the work is going. Glad to see work is still not dead :)

Is the AI able to play as the Austrin, Mekara Order, and D'Tesh now or are they still incompatible? Darn non-aggressive AI still around I see too :(

That's odd. What map settings are you using? As for the frozen world issue, try starting a "Play Now" game. You don't have to finish it, just get to turn 1 of the game, then you can quit to the main menu.

I checked various map modes and it makes no difference, but I do generally use World of Erebus with default settings, on epic standard. I use barbarian and frozen world challenges, no hell terrain, wild mana, timid animals, all unique features, flavour start, broad alignments, religion interfaces, perm alliances, the one that doubles the amount of events, and I think thats it.

I actually did a full reinstall of Civ and redownloaded/installed Ashes and the problem is still there.

Ronkhar I'd be willing again to help out with whatever you need (if development is still in progress). Again I don't have a ton of experience, but I'd like to help

Is the AI able to play as the Austrin, Mekara Order, and D'Tesh now or are they still incompatible? Darn non-aggressive AI still around I see too :(

They do pretty well with the Austrin. They are incapable of understanding unique mechanics, however, which makes them next to functionally useless with the D'teshi or Scions and severely inhibits their potential as the Mekara.

Hi everyone, reporting a graphical glitch here.

As you can see, most of the text is either bolded or not aligned. Most icons (happiness, trade routes, mana and resources) are also missing. Problem persists with Final Fixes, as well as with various versions of RifE (1.3, 1.4) but NOT with vanilla Beyond the Sword (works just fine).

I'd say this is due to a graphic card update (GTX 280 to Radeon 7800 series), since it's the only thing I've changed in my PC since the last time I played.

Anyone else had the same problem? Some ideas on how to fix this?

Are you using Steam? There was a recent Steam update to BTS that's causing this graphical issue for me.

Are you using Steam? There was a recent Steam update to BTS that's causing this graphical issue for me.

Yup, I'm using the Steam version. Do you get these graphical issues in the vanilla game too? Any idea on how to fix this?

Top Bottom