America: Write Your Own History

I hope you will actually change the city name to Browderville :D

OOC: When I first mentioned Browderville in my news article, I placed it on the ruins of Croton-on-Hudson, which is a suburb of New York City. So renaming Washington would make no sense.

Then again, there is more than one Levittown...

Changed, on Royal Tenebaum's insistence.

OOC: When I first mentioned Browderville in my news article, I placed it on the ruins of Croton-on-Hudson, which is a suburb of New York City. So renaming Washington would make no sense.

Then again, there is more than one Levittown...

If you could change the article to saying Browderville is near Chesapeake Bay, that would be fantastic.

The Chancellorship
(1936 Election Results)

Before hundreds of ex-senators, ex-representatives, and high ranking Communist officials, the winning candidate of the 1936 Communist ballot, African-American James W. Ford, regretted to inform the convention that due to the burning of the Capitol Building and the dismembering of Congress, he could not accept presidency. He insisted that the virtue and dignity of America is being upheld, but due to unfortunate circumstances the electoral votes must be temporarily ignored. With Chancellor Browder in the closest seat behind him, Ford glanced back and exchanged brief eye contact before continuing.

If the will for the pursuit of happiness is to be achieved, if the right to life and liberty is to be maintained, absolute faith in the Chancellorship and the Party must be protected.

After the solemn speech, the convention was left quiet and awkward. Chancellor Browder, feeling a strengthening disdain for him in his own party, loudly applauded Ford and later during the convention gave Ford the position of Minister of Internal Affairs.

Ballot:
Communist Party 4
•Browder 1
•Ford 2
•Buck 1
•Law 0

Other
•Abstain 2
•Peaceful protest 0
•Riot (Not Available)

The 1936 Riots

Following reports that the votes for the 1936 elections were not to be counted due to the disbandment of Congress, and fueled by the corruption and private gains from the Olympics, and further fueled by the moving of the nation's capital to Browderville, the largest protest in human history occurred. In nearly every corner of the nation, people took up their arms and violently began burning government buildings and shooting at policemen. SESTAP forces were met with ambushes, and those who surrendered were hanged in the streets in front of cheering crowds. Small rebellions took place in the National Reserve, but were promptly ended when threats against their families were made; although the families were executed anyways.

During the riots, draftees were given incentives and ultimatums to report secessionist behavior to the SESTAP and to personally slay attempts of rioting. The growing disdain of those drafted caused the large majority of Americans to hate those who were drafted, and draft-dodging became a common occurrence. The State of Hawaii, farthest away from Browderville's administration, saw a rise in so many terrorist and secessionist activity that the islands were declared independent and military occupation was abandoned as Australia's government claimed the Pacific islands.

In the aftermath, after over three months of constant rioting in every major city, order was restored at the cost of nearly a million lives. Nearly 300,000 were reported to have fled the nation illegally, and tens of thousands of soldiers were killed. Curfew became more restrictive, and firearms were made illegal to citizens. Following the incident, but not publicized to the public, the Constitution and the Bill of Rights were ordered null by the Chancellor's orders and rewritten in such a way that they resembled the original documents but were more open to interpretation. The original documents were smuggled out of the national gallery and shipped to Europe to a secret warehouse.

semi-OOC: One million lives? :eek: Browder's getting into the territory where his deaths can be measured in Hitlers!

I condemn the further destruction of America by Browder, and commend the action of the United Front taken to stop it. However, as I have aged prematurely from the stress caused by the revolution and am now extremely sick, I fear that I will not see the restoration of democracy to America. However, I am certain that soon, popular sentiments will prevail and Browder will be overthrown in favor of the restoration of the original American democracy.

If you are wondering if my son, T. Renzo Trevisan II, will be continuing my cause, the short-term answer is no, as he is not a politician, he is a rocket scientist. He is serving the front in another way, using his skills as a rocket scientist to help the military plans of the United Front. However, he ultimately sees the capitalism vs. communism debate as a hurdle to increased space missions, and does not care which side wins, as long as both support democracy and allow for more space missions.

As I finish this article in poor health and on my deathbed, about to see my father again, I wish the United Front well, knowing that they will triumph soon and overthrow Browder's evil tyranny.

-T. Renzo Lancelot Trevisan, American in Exile

Several days later, Mr. Trevisan was found dead early in the morning, assumed to have died peacefully in his sleep. A funeral will be held in Venice in 1 week.

OOC: Basically, I'm killing off my character because I will be gone all of July. I'm curious to see where the thread is when I return.

I condone the further destruction of America by Browder, and commend the action of the United Front taken to stop it. However, as I have aged prematurely from the stress caused by the revolution and am now extremely sick, I fear that I will not see the restoration of democracy to America. However, I am certain that soon, popular sentiments will prevail and Browder will be overthrown in favor of the restoration of the original American democracy.

If you are wondering if my son, T. Renzo Trevisan II, will be continuing my cause, the short-term answer is no, as he is not a politician, he is a rocket scientist. He is serving the front in another way, using his skills as a rocket scientist to help the military plans of the United Front. However, he ultimately sees the capitalism vs. communism debate as a hurdle to increased space missions, and does not care which side wins, as long as both support democracy and allow for more space missions.

As I finish this article in poor health and on my deathbed, about to see my father again, I wish the United Front well, knowing that they will triumph soon and overthrow Browder's evil tyranny.

-T. Renzo Lancelot Trevisan, American in Exile

Several days later, Mr. Trevisan was found dead early in the morning, assumed to have died peacefully in his sleep. A funeral will be held in Venice in 1 week.

OOC: Basically, I'm killing off my character because I will be gone all of July. I'm curious to see where the thread is when I return.

You do condone that? Did he just make an error in his ailing health?

A rewritten Constitution and Bill of Rights, eh? Well the officials of Washington Browderville are maybe not so slowly but surely changing all the work of past presidents.

1936-1938: Swing Baby, Swing

In America

In an age where people so willingly tried to escape the harshness of reality, culture sprang to life with large cultural funding from the Communist Party. One of the music genres to sweep the world, starting in New Orleans, was swing music. Using a strong rhythm of double bass and drums accompanied by brass instruments, America got off their seats and onto the dance floor.

Link to video.

Film also boomed in the late 30's under the Browder administration. Walt Disney, after years of making his signature Mickey Mouse, was proud to show the release of Disney's Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. Earning 8 million dollars worldwide, it became the highest grossing sound film! At the 11th Academy Awards during that year, the film received an honorary Oscar.

The Golden Gate Bridge was also rushed by the Communist Party through extensive stimulus. Hiring hundreds of more workers and more talented architects, the bridge was finished several years faster than expected. Earl Browder bragged about the feat, and used funds to publicize the booming economy under communist conditions.

Browder, peering over the iron rails, grinned as the world's first ICBM was created in Chicago. After transportation to a military base, Browder chose not to reveal to the world the most powerful weapon in the world, seeing as his current priority is to improve USSA and the Communist Party's image.
Spoiler :

Critical of the Communist Utopian ideal, Aldous Huxley's novel Brave New World began kicking off in early 1937. Set in London in 2540 AD, the novel dramatized the tragedies of excessive reproductive technology, psychological manipulation, and classical conditioning. As the novel became popular, bookstores quickly began noticing that supplies had run out and shady figures were buying the books in bulk. The novel was furthermore put on the government's blacklist and further printing was banned.

Following Brave New World's popularity, genetic advances were discovered by top scientists in American academies. The discoveries led to remedies that cured several diseases previously thought incurable. The Third Reich quickly picked up these discoveries and used them as white supremacist propaganda. The Communist Party quickly condemned the Third Reich's racism, and thus a small diplomatic penalty occurred between Nazi Germany and the USSA.
Spoiler :

A few months after the production of the first ICBM, the SDI system was established and centered in Sioux Falls. Once again, unknown to the general public, Browder's fears of a nuclear strike diminished.
Spoiler :

Around the World

India's annexation of the collapsing Pakistani government was met with brief USSA resistance as the Republic of India refused to incorporate communist policies.
Spoiler :

Although repelling Malinese and British attacks on Egyptian Sudan, Browder's oversight was keeping Ethiopia at peace with the nation. After a tribal dispute on the border, Ethiopian forces stormed Sudan and captured the oil-rich lands. Oil supplies from Egypt decreased, and communist influence in the middle east consequently declined.
Spoiler :

American borders began closing and refusing visas from several capitalist nations, such as Poland, Portugal, India, China, Egypt, and Ethiopia. The decision barely affected the American economy, but the resulting economic panic resulted in the collapse of Poland's government.
Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Pacific Developments

Following a promise to the nation to improve America's stability, Browder spent most of the Five Year Peace Era training the world's largest army to rival Australia's. During the 1936-1938 years, the navy nearly doubled, the air force increased by twenty percent, and the standing military (as some figures report) nearly tripled. Modern military tanks and bombers were given orders to station in California, and in the following weeks thousands of soldiers were sent to Hawaii to regain control of the islands. By early 1938, Hawaii became the center of most of America's potential offensive. With ships becoming increasingly close to Australia, Australia's prime minister became very weary and called upon China for military aid on the maritime borders. The Five Years of Peace appeared to be ending...
Spoiler :

Producing the world's largest military force, capable of leveling cities within days, communist workers tirelessly hammered at hot iron and plunged into the furnaces creating modern weapons. With a hammer up high overshadowing a banner of the Communist Party, the tool came down and hit the hard, molten metal. Swing! Swing! SWING!
Spoiler :

Besides the massacres, civil injustices, and revoking of liberties the communist party is actually pretty successful. A lot of art and economic growth. Technology. Not saying that I condone it but I'm just saying.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Its just like the real world USSR, only richer and more advanced. No peasants or backwardness :p . After the revolution happens there will be LOTS of instability and LOTS of riots from communists forcing the new government to take emergency measures. Democracy would become impossible I predict :( .

On a side note, I just cannot understand the logic of giving totalitarianism a distance bonus which used to be for state property. What makes totalitarian regimes better at managing large territories ? There's absolutely nothing in history to show that. And what is it with the AI constantly flip flopping between capitalism and communism all the time ? O.o That's just weird.

Despite technological advances and booming economic growth, Earl Browder is still a criminal who must be deposed. The laws governing private property and civil liberties, along with the Constitution must be protected when he finally falls.

All of this thanks to Christ the Redeemer. My friends and I keep agreeing that RL Brazil never has a serious anarchy/revolution because we got the Christ from France in the beggining of the XXth century. Of course this is based on CIV, and the statue itself has nothing to do with it (it just represents this infamous trait of our country).

I think CIV could truly give the most representative trait of the Republican Government of Brazil, installed in 1889: No Anarchy, minimal wait between civic changes. It fits perfectly.

Browder got Christ to back him up, this is how he is faring so well. Imagine if we didn't have it and he insisted in changing the civics? We would have collapsed already.

All of this thanks to Christ the Redeemer. My friends and I keep agreeing that RL Brazil never has a serious anarchy/revolution because we got the Christ from France in the beggining of the XXth century. Of course this is based on CIV, and the statue itself has nothing to do with it (it just represents this infamous trait of our country).

I think CIV could truly give the most representative trait of the Republican Government of Brazil, installed in 1889: No Anarchy, minimal wait between civic changes. It fits perfectly.

Browder got Christ to back him up, this is how he is faring so well. Imagine if we didn't have it and he insisted in changing the civics? We would have collapsed already.
I never understood that...Cristo Rendentor...yeah, Brazil hasn't been really lawless or anarchic...But it's not like it was very stable in the mid to later half of the XXth century. The wonder's effects are very, very nice...but not historically accurate.

RT must've build Rendentor, otherwise he would've undergone about 5-6 turns of anarchy after Browder's civic switch.

Top Bottom