LS Civilization Set

hey guys love this thread and the work put into the mods! got a new computer and downloaded the packed version from the dropbox, unpacked it correctly and have the 10 civ sets in my mod menu but dont show up as civilizations in the menu screen at all. Any tips or suggestions or fixes?

Welcome to the forums and is your issue only occurring with LS mod packs or also with other mods?

Just with LS civilization mods ! It's a bummer because the mods are so good but I can't play them :(

I never encountered a problem like yours so sorry I don't have an answer for you, try searching up in the forums.

Are you using Steam Workshop or Civfanatics Database? have you tried using the opposite to see if you get different results?

Rules man, you gotta read the rules!

Moderator Action: Please report posts that violate the rules. Thanks.

Actually, It would be nice if you playtest it for me. Definitely it's not gonna be available at Steam. Basically, you should crash the game before having two Polish civilizations in single game (not supporting this, after all this is made for me; eventually I am gonna made an instruction allowing to have both KoP and PE in a single game). Traits are actually simple (and I kept original ones) so It is unlikely that something is not gonna work.

Kingdom of Poland (Cassimir the Great)| Polish Empire/Commonwealth (Stephen Bathory)
Noble Host : Once per era, gain one free land unit for each city upon war declaration.| Royal Elections : Receive a free Social Policy when you advance to the next era.
Wladyka (Horseman replacement; Heals all damage and gain +4 Movement if ends turn in city.)| Winged Hussar (32 Combat instead 28; requires 2 Horse)
Ducal Stables | Comitia Minora (zoo replacement; Each time you adopt a policy, Comitia Minora generates extra Culture per turn equal to number of Population for several turns (3 on standard speed))
Dropbox link

I can support anything that requires copy-paste, but I am not gonna even raise a finger to find a coordinates.

Looks pretty good! I'd poke JFD about how to reconcile the both of those two, given how he's got his three Russias and Englands playing nice with each other. I'd personally support having it up on Steam, sooner or later a Commonwealth civ was inevitable!

Oh, wow, does the Comitia Minora look good. I tend to get a lot of Zoos whoever I play as (luxury placement treats me mean to keep me keen), and I end up going fairly tall. On Epic speed, with a few 15-20 pop Cities and the proverbial Sundry Others(tm)? Yes please.

I am afraid you understand me wrong. I intented to make second Polish civ not appear in game when at least one is already in. If you are playing all random and got Polish Empire then it is impossible to meet Kingdom of Poland as enemy. Actually, if you want to have the possibility to play with both, I think deleting "Exclusive.lua" will be enough. Well, I just prefer to have one Poland, one France in the same moment, but keep "random" factor.

It will be rather not on steam, I recently had moments of "pure joy" with Lithuanian... gentlemen and I am not in the mood to stand comments of my compatriots, whose education ends on vodka (Why not Sobieski?). Too sensitive about nonsense.

I am actually curious how Comitia Minora would work out (UA already makes this civ powerful, I hope that buffed lancers will have the moment of glory too). For Cassimir I wanted trait related with Buildings, but once I compared it to the Roman one, well :(. Anyway, I am only concerned about having both uniques in the same tech. I may force the Knight replacement in future.

Set I updated. Added Strategic View and Civilopedia support.
Khmer:
UA - One point of Population is deported to the Capital after capturing an enemy city. +1 Citizen for each 3 points of Population in Capital.
UU - unchanged
UB - In opposite to Water Mill, Baray can be built in City without a river once it reach 6 Population.

Tomorrow I should motivate myself to update set II and Hungary (I think beta-testing is done).

Setting aside the increased combat strength and resource requirement for a moment-- do the Winged Hussars still have their previous ability, to push back enemy units, or is that gone?

Yes, they still have it.

Uhm, development stuff. Hungary released. :)
Steam (here you can find screenshots)
Dropbox
Leader: Stephen I
Unique Ability: Vérszerzodés
  • When declaring friendship, Hungary and their friend gain a +10% Combat Strength bonus against Barbarians.
  • Gain unique bonuses upon clearing Barbarian Camps.
    Spoiler :
    1. Culture bonus
    2. Faith bonus
    3. Free Worker
    4. Free Combat Unit
    5. Creates Vegvar
    6. +2 Horse or +2 Iron
    7. +15XP for Unit
    8. +1 Population in nearest city
Unique Unit: Black Arquebusier (Musketman)
  • +15% Combat Strength when adjacent to a friendly Unit. (kept with upgrade)
  • Can Heal Up instantly for Gold. (lost with upgrade)
Unique Improvement: Végvar (Masonry)
  • Must be built on hills.
  • +1 Production
  • +1 Gold if adjacent to city
  • +1 Food if next to river
  • +50% Defense
  • Before Modern Era can perform ranged attacks, gaining Culture and Faith from kills.

Set IX updated (fixed Tahitian recieving Floating Gardens instead dummy building, simplified Gallic UA and UU - ability is no longer relating on Barbarian Camps, when war begins 3-5 barbarians spawn next to one of enemy cities, then each 8-10 turns two additional barbarians spawn. Unit now just gain +2 Combat if iron, not using it). Strategic View and Civilopedia support added.

Well, if I can have request, voting on next civ needing overhaul (aka the worst :)) is appreciated.

Personally I found the Ashanti to be terribly underpowered, the UA gave a marginal bonus, the Kente Loom was also slightly more useful than Regular Circus. The Gunman was the only truly "good" unique, but it came so late you'd already be lagging terribly behind by then.

I was wondering what the guy above me was talking about, then I noticed you took out the part of the UA that makes dominant influence over a civ if you take it's capital. So yeah, they're really weak at the moment and adding that back in would fix things.

At first, I have a question, did you hear Drums sound, while using Gunman ability?

Ok, I started working on them. UU and UB remain unchanged (until suggestions come up). I decided to remove any additional effect of Unique Great Work. I simply can't handle art swapping. There is possible to swap Golden Stool with Ashanti and then with player B, which results in Ashanti hating player B. Too much abuse.

Unique Ability:
  • Receive free unique Great Work of Art when you discover currency.
  • Becomes dominant over civilization upon Capital capturing.
You should have an empty Great Work of Art at currency, if not you will receive Golden Stool once you have it.
I now remember the problem with becoming dominant, when you boom 3000000 tourism over them, the culture overview becomes useless. Eh, I have to do all the work.
While working on set IV, I might do some lifting to my favourite pearl.

Heh, have you actually seen shiny Tomatekh's Sioux? What a times to see my trait to be outshined.

Top Bottom