Polystralia

s0nny80y

Emperor
I'm siked since recognizing this region of the world doesn't spell the die off of human migration.

I don't think there is anyone out there as excited as I am for the release of details about Polystralia - but it all must have gone to my head since I'm not sure I can decipher exactly what it is you're saying.

Ok, this may be a cheap shot, but... I think Polystralians would be best suited to colonizing the alien planet, because in Auatralia everything is trying to kill you anyway.

*Badum Tsh*

That's not true, the Kangaroo I ride to work on has a 5 star safety rating and was trained by the masters down in Wagga Wagga. I did pay a lot for him, but that's another issue altogether. Even Kangaroos that haven't been trained all that well don't try and kill you unless provoked - but they're great for transport nonetheless. It's similar to cars you know - they aren't exactly killers by themselves, but a human riding on one can do serious damage if they don't know how to properly ride a roo.

Dropbears on the other hand are a completely different story altogether. Protect ya' neck.

The Ozzies havin' back pains syndrome must run rampant with all that jumpy behaviour. :mischief:

Suprisingly not, the harness that most Aussies use have in-built shock absorbers and stabilizers. Anything else is against regulation and you can face serious fines if you don't have one - especially since the Coffs Harbor Big Banana Roo Fiasco of 1989. Many backs were broken and some of the babies that were riding in the pouches were never found since allegedly they were all stolen by Dingos.

I've always wondered...do you guys have lumberjacks, or do you just rent out tasmanian devils for that? You never great anything about Australian lumberjacks...though I guess the rest of the world could use beavers...

Yeah nah, the trees don't really bother us. We chopped the cheeky buggers down after one fell on one of our Prime Ministers in 1908. Here's a picture of the great Australian Forest of Murumbidgee:

It's a shame though really, because what I wouldn't give for a tree to fall on our current Prime Minister...

Anyway, I think I'm going to induce a heart attack due to my anticipation levels of waiting for the Polystralia Details to be released. I'm going to the corner and assume the fetal position. Wake me up when more details arise.

Now, don't be like that.
Just go out lookin' at the sails on the opera house.

I like that part of the world is getting some love and appreciation, but come on. Polystrailia? REALLY. A think a better name is in order.

The name has grown on me. Until we know more details - we'll have to make do. I think we might come around once the faction info comes to light.

Polystralia doesn't sound too bad, and it wouldn't be the first geographical portmanteau. At the very least there's the classic Eurasia and, less known, Tanzania, which is a more convoluted mix of Tanganyika and Zanzibar.

The devs probably steered clear of Austronesia, since that might've generated confusion making people think Austria was somehow involved.

Poly is a greek prefix that means "many". Stralia comes from the latin word stralis, which means "south side".

So the name is still technically accurate. It is a combination of "many" nations from the "south side" of the world.

Poly is a greek prefix that means "many". Stralia comes from the latin word stralis, which means "south side".

So the name is still technically accurate. It is a combination of "many" nations from the "south side" of the world.

Well, that definition rounded my mind for some time, considering if we should add Argentina (Patagonia at least, where most Argentinians not wanting to Join Brasil could have gone), and South Affrica (always quite different to other African countries, and therefore maybe not part of the PAU) to Polystralia.

However, Reginaldo's speech about crossing Antartica quite throw out this idea... if all south globe contries were united, probably they would claim Antartica too.

and South Affrica (always quite different to other African countries, and therefore maybe not part of the PAU)

If the PAU is based on (or the continuation of) the real-life African Union then South Africa is definitely in the PAU.
Source: there's an AU building close to Johannesburg and pulling the difference card in Africa makes no sense given all the ethnicities

I like that part of the world is getting some love and appreciation, but come on. Polystrailia? REALLY. A think a better name is in order.

"Franco-Iberia" should have been a clue that they didn't think all that hard about these names ;)

Polystralia is only really growing on me in the malignant sense. It might work as a very informal name for a properly labelled federation, but it'd be like having the 'strayan Empire in Civ5.

If the PAU is based on (or the continuation of) the real-life African Union then South Africa is definitely in the PAU.
Source: there's an AU building close to Johannesburg and pulling the difference card in Africa makes no sense given all the ethnicities

That's like saying Ireland would definitely be part of the UK in 2020 because it was part of the UK in 1820

Perhaps South Africa successfully won their independence from the PAU (unlike the Congo)

Not necessarily, for example we now know that Franco-Iberia controls part of North Africa so there could be other parts of Africa outside PAU control.

Top Bottom