List of Avaliable Fantasy Units

Did anyone knew about THESE?
I have the Kohan KoW Warchest so I'll follow Deliverator's guide to see if I can come up with something. :D
I could certainly use the angel and demon-thingy in the first picture. And the Golshan, Ifrit and Juton would be nice to have...

I could certainly use the angel and demon-thingy in the first picture. And the Golshan, Ifrit and Juton would be nice to have...

I tried to convert the Ifrit, but the .kf animations are not in a supported format for Blender to import. Anyone with a copy of 3DS Max might be able to convert it, however. I am surprised that the angel hasn't been converted already; haven't tried Abaddon yet....

I tried to convert the Ifrit, but the .kf animations are not in a supported format for Blender to import. Anyone with a copy of 3DS Max might be able to convert it, however. I am surprised that the angel hasn't been converted already; haven't tried Abaddon yet....

Yeah, the Kohan II NIF/KF version is an earlier one and won't import into Blender directly AFAIK. To import those models I had to import into 3DS Max, make sure the "start" and "end" notes were there for the animation then export to Civ 4 format NIF/KF which can be imported into Blender.

There is some still relevant information on Kohan II units conversion here.

I still have 3DS Max 7 so if people want some particular units I could potentially do the first step of converting the NIF/KF files to be ready for Blender.

Bear in mind that any glow effects are not going to work because Civ 5 cannot use alpha for transparency.

Yeah, the Kohan II NIF/KF version is an earlier one and won't import into Blender directly AFAIK. To import those models I had to import into 3DS Max, make sure the "start" and "end" notes were there for the animation then export to Civ 4 format NIF/KF which can be imported into Blender.

There is some still relevant information on Kohan II units conversion here.

I still have 3DS Max 7 so if people want some particular units I could potentially do the first step of converting the NIF/KF files to be ready for Blender.

Bear in mind that any glow effects are not going to work because Civ 5 cannot use alpha for transparency.

I am still curious about where the files are for the fire lizard from this post... :)

While we're on the subject of stuff that should be converted - someone should convert all Serezeth's stuff - he definitely produced some of the best quality models and textures for Civ 4.

While we're on the subject of stuff that should be converted - someone should convert all Serezeth's stuff - he definitely produced some of the best quality models and textures for Civ 4.

I agree - Pazyryk needs heroes for his mod and many of SeZereth's Civ IV units would fit the bill nicely.

I am still curious about where the files are for the fire lizard from this post... :)

You can download what I have here. There is a working mod, my latest .blend file and the source files in the zip.

I was planning to speed up the walking animation or slow down the movement as it looks a bit weird at the moment. I never really got into testing the attack animations, etc. There is a breath attack animation if you fancied trying to attack the Dromon Greek Fire to it. You might need to add some extra FX bones.

You can download what I have here. There is a working mod, my latest .blend file and the source files in the zip.

I was planning to speed up the walking animation or slow down the movement as it looks a bit weird at the moment. I never really got into testing the attack animations, etc. There is a breath attack animation if you fancied trying to attack the Dromon Greek Fire to it. You might need to add some extra FX bones.

Thanks! I was planning on using this for my Orc Lizard Rider unit. I am just getting into animation (I have a somewhat iffy attempt at it with the slaver unit), so I may try to fine-tune the animations and add bones for a rider (which could simply have the mesh omitted if it is to be without a rider). I would definitely need to add a bone for the Dromon fire if used, since it needs an animating bone to create a tangent for the arc of fire it generates. Overall a lengthy project, but I believe the final product will be worthwhile.

I am noticing that a few sets of custom animations would go a long way in defining myriad fantasy units that as of yet do not display as eloquently as they could. Here are a few custom animations I was thinking of creating:

- Endomorph (for Dwarves, Golems, and other large beasts that are as wide as they are tall)
- Winged flying unit (Angels, Demons, etc.; there may be a decent set of customs already but I haven't investigated as of yet)
- Dragon flyer (unlike the Drake unit or Chalid's grounded version, this would be a flyer with articulating tail and wings and capable of breathing fire. It would use Chalid's dragon as a base so that all of the skins would be usable, but it would be sleeker)
- Caped combat unit (designed specifically for combat, unlike the Scout), with 1-hand and 2-hand weapon versions
- Charging animal (wild boar, bull, elephant, etc.); the wolf has a thrash attack but it doesn't correlate well with the charge-and-gore effect I want
- Mounted combat; something more intimate for mounts that have a separate melee attack apart from the rider (fire lizard fits this category)
- Flying unit with rider (I tried this with the eagle rider conversion I did but it is rather clunky)

Any other ideas or suggestions? I have my work cut out for me :crazyeye: !

No, he wanted to get more fantasy units in Civ5 and I think he really wanted to see FFH converted to Civ5. But he's been more and more busy with the real world and basically hasn't put in an appearance in months.

Yes, I have. I can get the models into Civ5 no problem.
But I can't get the effects in, so you'll have no flashes, laser beams, explosions, splashes, alien gunk splatters, fires, or smoke. And the units will be totally silent.

Unfortunately I don't have CiV:BE yet (Santa, here is your hint). :(

You can have mine. I don't like it.
Sadly, I don't think there is a way to send you my used steam game. :(

Top Bottom