America: The Birth of a Dream

I would like to note that depending on how popular it is I might keep the story running after independence.

John Cabot Wins the Seat of Governor of New England In the First Ever American Election!​

John Cabot is formally inaugurated into office with a small celebration and he holds a short speech. He promises the colonists in his speech that he will take at most 8 years to take the native settlement. Afterwards he is congratulated by his opponent, James Tyrrell, who announces he plans to run once more for office in another 4 years. Cabot immediately takes his place in a small townhouse in the middle of New York City, he's prepared to make the king proud, but under his own terms.

Royalist Party
Tyrrell-1
Expansionist Party
Cabot-4

Just by the way guys, these updates will be short right now because of how little is happening. The updates will be rather uneventful for awhile.

An Uneventful Term: 1496-1500
Cabot knew he would not be able to do much in the first four years of his term, his plan was to open the door for future governors, possibly himself, to make New England a conquering and powerful colony. His first plan was to send the caravel that brought the colonists to America back to Europe to bring military units back to the colonies.
Spoiler :

The troops originally sent North by John Richards were now recalled back South to the native settlement. They would be the spearhead that would be the causation of America's first expansion. They were quite far North though so it would take all of Cabot's term to be taken South. This did not please John as he had ambitions, and it would take far too long it seemed for these ambitions to be brought out.
Spoiler :

As another policy brought about by John Cabot, he promised to increase the material output of the colony so that more military units could be funded for. New York City soon became a large supplier in sugar as the citizens worked in the sugarcane fields as hard as they could, making their king proud.
Spoiler :

Cabot realized he might not be able to bring up the military he wanted to. He was a proud man, wanting to stay as independent as possible, he sucked up his pride and asked for help. He sent a letter to the king of England back home, he requested military assistance to take native lands. The king promptly replied with a hard, no, as they did not want to spare any military units on an upstart colony.
Spoiler :

Cabot needed funds from somewhere, so he turned to their neighbors, the French. He offered all the maps the colonists had created for a small sum so that the money could be used to hire more soldiers as this was the backbone of Cabot's whole policy. The French and British colonies also agreed to open borders, it was purely a political move but it increased relations between the two nations greatly.
Spoiler :

Spoiler :

It was nearing Cabot's end as Governor of America. A mere year before the new election, the king sent a a royal decree to John. The king demanded funds to pay for new warships for the royal navy. Cabot was severely torn. On one hand he despised the demands and wanted to send back a rude letter, but he thought that it would be a bad idea to anger their ruler so early in their establishment as a colony. He then decided to send the funds to the king, furthering Britain's subjugation of America. Cabot begged for the lord's forgiveness and promised he would right this wrong eventually.
Spoiler :

As Cabot's last year in office, not much could be said for what was accomplished. The coffers were lower in amount, the military had finally made it to where it was told to be stationed, and the caravel had still not even made it to Europe. Nonetheless Cabot was hopeful that his militant beliefs against the natives would create a powerful colony baptized by fire.
Spoiler :

1st Colonial Congress​
With the short terms there is not much that can be done by the reigning governors of our fair colony. The plight of John Cabot makes this obvious as it takes a long amount of time for our ships to reach Europe and then to make it back. It is believed that much more will be accomplished and the colony of America can grow much faster and will be stronger. It is hereby suggested that the term be extended from four years to six years until 1560 in the year of our lord, where we will then reconvene to decide whether to leave the terms at six years or revert them back to four. Voting begins now.​

Extend term from six years to four years after the election of 1500.
Aye-3
Nay-1

Nay

Also, I find it funny how all of you are afraid to pretend to be racist yet you willingly elect a racist leader who wishes to subjugate and conquer peaceful natives.

Finally, you didn't answer my question. Why didn't you post this in the Civ IV Col S&T forum. That place needs more AAR's.

P.S- I recommend RoR mod next time. I hope I don't come off as bossy.

Well I'm sorry for voting for Cabot, DKVM. I'm sorry that the only leader who did not want to suck up to our unattractive king is racist against natives.

Sorry if I sounded hostile Noob. I was just saying that I find it funny. I wasn't saying whether it was a good or bad choice.

Nay

Also, I find it funny how all of you are afraid to pretend to be racist yet you willingly elect a racist leader who wishes to subjugate and conquer peaceful natives.

Finally, you didn't answer my question. Why didn't you post this in the Civ IV Col S&T forum. That place needs more AAR's.

P.S- I recommend RoR mod next time. I hope I don't come off as bossy.

This is on multiple counts.

#1 - He has already stated before that there was a reason this is not on the Colonization sub-forums. Check the OP for one.

#2 - The subjugation of a peoples is not equivalent to racism. Sure, the Spanish were insanely overkill in their ethnic cleansing of Native Aztecs, Olmecs, Zapotecs, etc., but this was only one example. Was William the Conqueror racist against Anglo-Saxons? He subjugated England, but racism is doubtful. Was Charlemagne racist against Germanics? Not very likely. Your criteria are not very applicable.

#3 - Where did any of us say we were afraid to be racist? If this is from RT's Ironclad Oath, then it is vastly OT, and not at all pertaining to the current discussion.

I did answer it. I said because that forum is dead and I love you guys :p Also he isn't so much racist as aggressive, if they were white he would still want to kill them :lol: Come on guys no fighting, the colony can't break up this easily! We are America and we are strong! :D Also the king is quite ugly :p And to DKVM what's the RoR mod?

#1 - He has already stated before that there was a reason this is not on the Colonization sub-forums. Check the OP for one.

#2 - The subjugation of a peoples is not equivalent to racism. Sure, the Spanish were insanely overkill in their ethnic cleansing of Native Aztecs, Olmecs, Zapotecs, etc., but this was only one example. Was William the Conqueror racist against Anglo-Saxons? He subjugated England, but racism is doubtful. Was Charlemagne racist against Germanics? Not very likely. Your criteria are not very applicable.

#3 - Where did any of us say we were afraid to be racist? If this is from RT's Ironclad Oath, then it is vastly OT, and not at all pertaining to the current discussion.

1- I didn't see the first paragraph in the first post.

2- Subjugation and taking of native american lands in this time period was generally because the colonists didn't really feel the natives had a right to the land or in some extreme cases, they didn't feel the natives were humans at all. Thus, this is a different situation than Charlemagne or William the *******/Conqueror.

3. Considering what I said was talking about how willing you are to rp racism, then being afraid to rp as racist in any story wouldn't be off-topic.

Next time Noob, can you first ask me to explain rather than immediately insulting me.

Finally, CK says he is a warmonger so I'll accept that. I assumed racism because of the points in 2.

So DKVM what is this RoR mod? And guys please stop arguing. There is no need for that and it just makes things worse.

Sorry CK, I forgot the link. Here http://forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=455 Also, I hope you don't mind but I posted a link to this story in the Civ 4 Col forum.

Noob, I didn't call you racist.I called Cabot racist though I don't believe that now. Finally can we just agree to let the matter drop like CK said to?

I don't mind you posted the link, thank you actually :D And the mod looks cool but the TAC mod adds techs and makes it more civ-like so it's also easier to handle and isn't constant micro-management. Also I noticed a problem and so have other people, independence is extremely hard. :sad: I did a test and put like 20 veteran soldiers in one city that had all the defensive upgrades and the king still took my city. They are given way too many troops to fight your own. The original colonization did great with this, it felt like a serious uphill battle but you knew you could win if you really tried.

Three things

1. That actually is built upon the TAC mod thus has all of that.

2. I wouldn't know how hard Independence is as I'm a pacifist in Colonization and always go for the Industrialization victory.

3. Another cool mod would be the Colonization: 2071

Top Bottom