Are three any Lua scripters in the USA?

PCE

Chieftain
As the title states, are there any Lua scripters in the usa? I am looking to get in touch with other usa Lua scripters. I was led on to Civ 5 for other Lua folk.

Please post if you are a lua scripter! Thanks! :)

Maybe you want easier collaboration? Maybe you don't want accents in your variable names. MAYBE you don't have international calling?

I don't know.

I've been dOing a lot of Lua coding recently. What do you need?

Maybe you don't want accents in your variable names.

I have legit spent over 5 minutes at a time trying to figure out compile errors caused by "Serialize" vs "Serialise". "What do you mean it isn't defined!? It's right there!"

I have legit spent over 5 minutes at a time trying to figure out compile errors caused by "Serialize" vs "Serialise". "What do you mean it isn't defined!? It's right there!"
May I suggest strict.lua? Then you would spend 30s instead of 5 min. And you probably would find other such examples that didn't give you an error at all.

This is on-topic of course since I am a Lua modder posting about Lua code. Although the original poster never came back to see the results of their request, apparently.

This is on-topic of course since I am a Lua modder posting about Lua code. Although the original poster never came back to see the results of their request, apparently.

Yeah agreed this is weird:eek:

Maybe its a american conspiracy going on there....

May I suggest strict.lua? Then you would spend 30s instead of 5 min. And you probably would find other such examples that didn't give you an error at all.

That is super awesome, thanks for the suggestion! I'll definitely use that!

Unfortunately my "Serialize" shenanigans were in C# code, not for a mod, so I've just got to have more faith in the compiler.

Top Bottom