JFD and Janboruta's Civilisations

In honour of the monumental significance that beholds this day for the United Kingdom, and all her constituent parts, and all the former dominions of her empire, I present one part of the campaign regarding Scotland's future independence; led by King James VI of Scotland and I of England and Ireland:

"What God hath conjoined let no man separate. I am the husband and the whole isle is my lawful wife; I am the head and it is my body; I am the shepherd and it is my flock. I hope therefore that no man will think that I, a Christian King under the Gospel, should be a polygamist and husband to two wives; that I being the head should have a divided or monstrous body or that being the shepherd to so fair a flock should have my flock parted in two." - James I to Westminster Parliament, 19 March 1603

Scotland added:

Spoiler :

The Kingdom of Scotland - James VI (BNW) Download Subscribe
Download Music Pack (also supports LastSword's Scotland and More Civs' Scotland)https://www.dropbox.com/s/va0km47m2...dom of Scotland Music Pack (v 1).civ5mod?dl=0

James VI - Scotland
Highlander (Rifleman): Gains double Movement in Hills and begins with additional experience for every Great Work of Writing in the city in which it was born.
College (University): When this Great Work of Writing slot is filled, increases the length of Golden Ages by 10%. +2 Science from Jungle tiles worked by this City. Allows Archaeologists to be built in this city.

Credits
Spoiler :
JFD: Design, Code, Writing, Artwork (Map, Civ Icon)
Janboruta: Artwork (Leaderscene, Leader Icon, UU Icon, UB Icon, Unit Flag)
Viregel: Research (City-List, Civilopedia)
bernie14 Graphics (Highlander)
Andreas Waldeloft: Music (Peace)
Pierre Langer and Tilman Sillescu: (War)

Music Pack
Albannach - Hooligan's Holiday
David Methven & The Munros - Flower of Scotland
The Royal Scots Dragoon Guards: Auld Lang Syne, Hector the Hero, Last of the Mohicans, The Black Bear, Time to Say Goodbye, Traditional Greensleeves, Highland Cathedral

Decisions:

Spoiler :

Events:

Spoiler :

And for extra Scottish flavour, consider downloading this Scottish Music Pack (also supports More Civs' Scotland and LastSword's Scotland), which features various bag-piped filled terrors joys. I'll probably expand this out to include others of my civs, pending availability of music, time, and willpower.

Of course, a special applaud must be given unto both Janboruta and Viregel, who both dropped their regular schedules in order to indulge my spur-of-the-moment intent to produce this Civ, and who worked tirelessly to contribute their parts to this mod.

Cannot stop laughing at the Haggis event. :D

It was so surprising, I guess James forget he was Christian :lol:

Woah! Someone waits for the Arab split? Well, it was my proposal from the beginning (at least in this thread), so I guess I could start designing some ideas. For now I'm thinking of the split containing

The Rashidun Caliphate
The Umayyad Caliphate
The Abbasid Caliphate

Because this is, in fact, a Caliphate split, and the other Caliphates through history have either been done, are planned or are too recent/controversial. Thus this split will be very medieval (Woo! :bounce:). Also there's no Fatimid Caliphate; I feel that one was not important enough.

BTW: Is this not relevant enough to discuss here? Should I perhaps make an own thread?

Possibly. It's not that I wouldn't want to do an Arab/Caliphate split - but I have so many others civs I want to do first that displaying any intentions to do such a split would probably hold you back from getting it.

Woah! Someone waits for the Arab split? Well, it was my proposal from the beginning (at least in this thread), so I guess I could start designing some ideas. For now I'm thinking of the split containing

The Rashidun Caliphate
The Umayyad Caliphate
The Abbasid Caliphate

Because this is, in fact, a Caliphate split, and the other Caliphates through history have either been done, are planned or are too recent/controversial. Thus this split will be very medieval (Woo! :bounce:). Also there's no Fatimid Caliphate; I feel that one was not important enough.

BTW: Is this not relevant enough to discuss here? Should I perhaps make an own thread?
Maybe this is more of More Civs' "territory"? They're the ones primarily doing splits. But if JFD wants to split up Arabia, let him at it...

And the Scotland civ looks amazing and perfect timing too. (Then again, so's more civs') :D

Can't stop laughing at this sentence:
And for extra Scottish flavour, consider downloading this Scottish Music Pack... which features various bag-piped filled terrors joys
:lol: Pretty much bagpipe music in a nutshell.

Yay for Scotland Civ.

Ahhh. What an amazing iteration of Scotland.

The Haggis event is, yes, hilarious. But the two science on jungles from the college is even funnier.

'Av you seen tha joongle oot there? Look at all tha science coming off ah it!'

I hope Darien is on the city list.

Haha, another fantasic Civ from JFD and the team on a perfectly suiting date!

Awesome! Well done, JFD. Once my current game is over, I'll do a new one with either yours or the one from More Civs based on how the referendum goes.

It is only too fitting that my 3000th post should be one to commemorate the continued commitment of the British people to the vision of James VI and I of a united Britain, so here it is again:

"What God hath conjoined let no man separate. I am the husband and the whole isle is my lawful wife; I am the head and it is my body; I am the shepherd and it is my flock. I hope therefore that no man will think that I, a Christian King under the Gospel, should be a polygamist and husband to two wives; that I being the head should have a divided or monstrous body or that being the shepherd to so fair a flock should have my flock parted in two." - James I to Westminster Parliament, 19 March 1603

The Kingdom of Scotland - James VI (BNW) Download Subscribe
Download Music Pack (also supports LastSword's Scotland and More Civs' Scotland)https://www.dropbox.com/s/va0km47m2...dom of Scotland Music Pack (v 1).civ5mod?dl=0

James VI - Scotland
Highlander (Rifleman): Gains double Movement in Hills and begins with additional experience for every Great Work of Writing in the city in which it was born.
College (University): When this Great Work of Writing slot is filled, increases the length of Golden Ages by 10%. +2 Science from Jungle tiles worked by this City. Allows Archaeologists to be built in this city.

Credits
Spoiler :
JFD: Design, Code, Writing, Artwork (Map, Civ Icon)
Janboruta: Artwork (Leaderscene, Leader Icon, UU Icon, UB Icon, Unit Flag)
Viregel: Research (City-List, Civilopedia)
bernie14 Graphics (Highlander)
Andreas Waldeloft: Music (Peace)
Pierre Langer and Tilman Sillescu: (War)

Music Pack
Albannach - Hooligan's Holiday
David Methven & The Munros - Flower of Scotland
The Royal Scots Dragoon Guards: Auld Lang Syne, Hector the Hero, Last of the Mohicans, The Black Bear, Time to Say Goodbye, Traditional Greensleeves, Highland Cathedral

Now I'm done for the weekend :p

What happened to compatibility with Civ IV leader traits?

That's handled by the author of that mod.

Started a game with James IV and something is seriously wrong with culture...

Spoiler :

Policy cost never rose above 25 and jumped by about 4 million when I founded a second city. A bunch of civs also maxed out the piety tree and got reformation beliefs.

Everything was working normally before this, the only mods I added were the 2 Scotlands and I updated Leugi's Cuba.

James IV, as opposed to James VI? :p I hear the former was very into his culture.

Whoops, James VI :p.

Disabled JFD's Scotland and fired up a game with More Civs Scotland and I've still got the problem. I think it might be Leugi's Cuba.

Edit: it's definitely Cuba causing the problem.

Top Bottom