Dawn of Russians

This period waspeacefull after a long time in russian history. The prolonged peace let economy to grow and prepared the tsardom to enter the russian renaiscence era. Thus it is known as "russian prerenaiscence".

Russian explorations:

Russian explorers met new kingdoms around the world. However, new people were cautious, because of our religious differences. Ironically buddhism is about peace, but buddhist leaders were the most hostile.

Russian expansion in the east:

Russia took advantage of Mongol collapse and started expanding in the east. Kara was built in the rich diamonds mine, while Kungar was a major settler camp for next generations of colonisers.

Fanatics believed that a mircle had happened in Caricyn. Peter funded their mission to spread christianity to the new cities.

The army reformation:

Our scientists discovered new tactics that can be used in warfare. Moreover, a new military unit was formed, the mounted musketman. These events triggered a new movement in our military.

Our generals wanted to train a proper professional army instead of using levies. Levies are more interested in protecting their lands and rather amateur, while a professional army could do better job.

According to historians this movement entered Russia in a new era, the russian renaiscence.

Our generals wanted to train a proper professional army instead of using levies. Levies are more interested in protecting their lands and rather amateur, while a professional army could do better job.

Revolution fractions:
Professionalists (standing army):
+2XP per unit trained
+25% faster land unit training

Levitarists (levitary army):
can train military with food

The german threat:

The so called "Holy Roman Empire" is controlled by Habsburgs dynasty. Habsburg dynasty has taken almost all Europe. They are currently the biggest power in the world and unfortunately stable. Habsburgs have conquered almost all Spain, south France, and our orthodox brothers in the Balkans. They control the two most important commercial centers in Europe, Frankfurt and Konstantinopolis, and have great influence over the papal states. Like things aren't already too bad, Ottomans are their vassals. Ottomans aren't a threat to us, but they control Derbent, which is annoying.

We may let this going on, but if we are about to do some war this is our chance. The reason is that we can aquire the strongest cavalry in Europe and have the most proffesional army. If we don't act now, I don't know if it is possible to do something in the future, it wil be like gambling. Of course, this is my estimation, and they might collapse in the future.

Aims of the war
If we are about to do a war then these are some objectives we can try:
*Liberation of Konstantinopolis
*Liberation of orthodox balkans
*Capture of Derbent
*Restoration of Spain
*Capture of Frankfurt

Liberation of Konstantinopolis seems the most important movement to me. The city hosts the most important orthodox patriarchate and it is a very good commercial city itsself. It will be a major hit for Germans and a victory for us, even if we fail anything else. Unfortunately, there are some polish exclaves and Transylvania is mountainous, so we must go through Hungary and conquer Budapest at first.

Liberation of orthodox balkans, so that these people can have at last an orthodox monarch over their heads. Balkans have resources, so I think it is a good idea.

Derbent is a poor port in Caspian sea. However, it creates disputes with Krasnodar and it will be dangerous if Ottomans become stronger than us. If we capture it we have to keep it to prevent Ottomans to refound it. If we declare war in Germans, we have defend our selves in Krasnodar.

Spanish empire is unstable or collapsing. The reason is that most of metropolitan Spain is under Habsburg control. This movement will just restore balance in Europe, since Spain is too far away for us to control it. If we go for restoration of Spain we can conduct a surprising assault through Scandinavia and France using the Peterburgian navy. If we act carefully, Germans will be surprised and their spanish possesions subdefended.

I don't want to restore South France. France is the second strongest power in the world, so we have no reason to help them.

If we manage to capture both Konstantinopolis and Frankfurt, this will almost kill german economy. An alternative strategy is conquering these two cities ASAP, so we have as much time as we want to capture the rest cities.

In order to conduct with all the above objectives we need at least three battalions, the iberian one (maximum four units), the Krasnodar defence and the balkan one.

Military mobilisation:
If we fight such war all cities will contribute to the war effort. (except undevelopped ones)
We may declare this as holy war (OCC: adopt fanaticism, revert back to organised religion after the war ends).

Impact:
Capturing cities can afford our war effort, and Konstantinopolis is very wealthy.

Strengths and weaknesses:
Germans don't spend any espionage on us, so we can use our spies. I think to use them to destroy their iron mines.
Our strengths are our professional military, our improved and numerous cavalry.
Moreover, we have the surprise (Budapest can fell in turn 1).
Poland is hostile towards both, so it will work as a newtral buffer zone between both kingdoms.

Germans have muskets, and landsknechts.
Moreover, their army is larger by about 60%. (However, their units is older technology.)
Ottomans are their vassals, so Ottomans will keep us busy in the Caspian and Konstantinopolis.

Let's discuss:
So what do you think? Please talk your mind, anything may be usefull. There might be a strategy I didn't think, or this war isn't so important as I think, or this war might be impossible to win.

EDIT:
Research:
What should we research next? I propose printing press, to let these criers rest at last :D

Professionalists

I think we should focus on these first

*Capture of Derbent

I, Isaac Angeloi, offer my services in leading the liberation of Greece from German Rule. I only ask that I be appointed "boyar" of Thracia should we capture it.

Professionalists

*Capture of Derbent

Professionalists

I do not condone any war at this point, from all the previous ones Kazan has only lost everything and gained nothing.

Banking.

I do not condone any war at this point, from all the previous ones Kazan has only lost everything and gained nothing.

What did Kazan lose from previous wars?

What did Kazan lose from previous wars?

It lost lots of turns to anarchy and then you didn't even whip a forge when you had the chance to, and God knows how many units you inserted into the queue against my will.

It lost lots of turns to anarchy and then you didn't even whip a forge when you had the chance to, and God knows how many units you inserted into the queue against my will.

We need units to protect the whole of Russia? that the price you pay for having a larger well developed city.

We need units to protect the whole of Russia? that the price you pay for having a larger well developed city.

Then I want my money back as my city isn't developed at all!

I am caterpillarking just by the way. So I can get back on the group.

I too wish to be back in the group. If it's not obvious who I am, ask me.

We can't get on groups because we are so new.

Whatever happened to all of your accounts?

I too wish to be back in the group. If it's not obvious who I am, ask me.

Hmmmmm, something with a monkey and an Italian plumber, right?

CFC had some sort of problem and all accounts that people created 8 months ago or sooner (which sucks because in literally a week it will be 9 for me) got turned into guest accounts.

Correctimundo! I.....AM......DKVM! I.....AM......ETERNAL! :mwaha:

Then I want my money back as my city isn't developed at all!

Russia-wide matters and Kazan-wide matters are different and should be faced differently.
Your city has a serious lack of production. It trained only one military unit, while others cities trained many more. I will build a workshop in your countriside and the problem will be solved. Sankt-Peterburg had the same problem, but a workshop was enough to give a good boost to the city.

CFC had some sort of problem and all accounts that people created 8 months ago or sooner (which sucks because in literally a week it will be 9 for me) got turned into guest accounts.

...What to say... They should at least warn us about the forum change. Anyway, I will PM you about your city, until problem solved. Currently building the amphitheatre.

EDIT: It seems we will go for war. Should we declare it a "holy war"?

I don't think you can PM with me. It's okay don't worry about it. Soon enough I can PM and such.

Top Bottom