Patria Grande: Civilizations of the Americas

It worked!!! Thank you very much Pouakai, i've been googling for days, but did not find anything...:cry:

Oh boy, that new selection screen in the OP looks great! The incomplete civs being blacked out works wonders for the hype meter, too. The ones I'm really curious about are the guy in the top left (Geronimo, perhaps? I've been waiting on a solid Apache mod for ages!) and the guy between Bolivar and Gaspar. I don't know him off the top of my head, though his sideburns are Texas-sized...

I see L'overture, Melgarejo, who I presume is Calfucura, Pedro leader of the Uros. The other two I'm more doubtful but look like some mesoamerican guy and the leader of Central America.

That's Mariano Melgarejo, a Bolivian leader whose legacy is known for being legendary levels of corruption and incompetence. He's attributed Caligula levels of "deeds", like selling a bunch of bolivian territory in exchange of a horse, killing Belzu in cold blood (if you look closely they are in the same room), making his men march until they fell from a balcony just to show their loyalty and other spectacularly terrible things, I'm sure I've just touched the surface, Leugi probably will be able to fill in you with anything I might have missed.

Haiti Released!

Haiti is the Mother of Revolutions, the first independent country in Latin-America, and the first succesful slave revolt that actually led to the creation of a new country, and the first to actually abolish slavery through its constitution. The influence of Voodoo in the revolution is remarkable, as it allowed the slaves to keep their own unique identity, making Haiti a unique place among the Caribbean. Ingame, this makes her a powerful Religion-Revolution civilization, focused on using religion to facilitate conquest and earn Golden Ages
Haiti Civilization
  • Leader: Touissaint Louverture
  • UA: Mother of Revolutions: +1 Faith from plantations. Enemy cities that follow your religion are set as Occupied and grant you Golden Age Points. Adopting new Social Policies during Golden Ages requires less Culture.
  • UU: Mawon: Replacement for Musketman. Receive a combat bonus against cities when next to enemy Occupied cities. After defeating an enemy unit, the enemy has a chance of joining your side.
  • UU: Houngan Replacement for Missionary, receives the Medic promotion and suffers no effects from attrition.
Credits:
  • Leugi: Concept, Build, Leaderscene, Models, most icons, coding.
  • JFD: Pedia and DOM Writing and much of the lua code, help with SQL use
  • JanBoruta: Houngan icons
  • regalman: Map art, Pedia Writing
  • Viregel: Pedia Writing
Musical Credits
Peace Music: "Voodoo" by Cyril Diaz
War Music: "United", from Assassin's Creed, Black Flag, Freedom Cry OST

Please note, if you're having issues with the Production Popup, go to the "Incompatibility" folder inside the mod files and check there for details on how to fix that.

About the Leader showcase thing:

As you can see Louverture is now brightened. About the others... well, I'm not saying anything :p (except that yeah, that bearded guy is Melgarejo, and the civ is going to be half-joke) ... You know Pedro Layme and Topiltzin though, the rest are South American. However, the fact they are there doesn't mean they are inmediatly next in release line.. expect some few surprises still :D Something fun about the new screen though, they are and will always be (after I add more) in chronological order

I need some feedback on Haiti if you guys can, I'm still unsure if the amount of GA points granted by Occupied cities is enough, or too few... so if you guys manage to give some testing to it I'd be happy to listen to it

I think this is going to become A Thing i do around here

The map thingy for Haiti has the the whole of Hispaniola as its territory but the cities are just Haitian. Do you wish for a redone list thingy to include those? Honestly in this case I'm not sure the Dominican Republic parts should be in its map since they basically seemed to have sacked and held it for a short while before it pretty quickly had a change of hands and then became independent.

(but either way I am probably going to place a revised one here anyway because SUBURBS, i just wish to know if half of it should be of places questionably ever held in the first place)

I figured as much. In any case, it just means more of the map is covered! Soon we will have every corner of the globe playable in this one game.

Even Monaco may not be safe in city-state status for long...

Wait, chronological order you say? Oh the plot thickens... who could ever possible be older than Cahuachi?

Dunno, there isn't much on it, and Tomatekh has been planning one for ages.

Top Bottom