Will they release a fix for MP anytime soon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chibi88

Chieftain
Yeah...I want to play MP but I can't cuz the game is resynching every time and crashes after a few turns. This is annoying.

Don't hold your breath.

There has been stability issues for in the multiplayer since game was released. Last patch they released took a year and the previous version had serious problems in multiplayer as well. One might think at this point that there is no fix coming in, since the multiplayer seems fundamentally flawed in some way that keeps on causing issues.

Yeah the fact they messed up so bad basically means any fix is likely to make things worse than better. I mean how can a patch so late in the game's release make the game less stable to the point where MP is unplayable? It's ridiculous.

The only hope is going back to pre-patch, can we really trust them to fix it after this?

I don't think they will patch the game for mp. That should have been done under few days after release.

Personnally i never saw that sort thing in my whole life(a patch that makes a game uglier than it was before). But...

Maybe they fired some guys and searching for better ones i dunno...hard to understand such situation :confused:

We think we've tracked down the cause of the problem. Stay tuned, we'll get this addressed as soon as possible.

We think we've tracked down the cause of the problem. Stay tuned, we'll get this addressed as soon as possible.

No rush, its not like your customer base are slightly older gamers with more limited free time and that this kind of thing can seriously affect... Oh wait.

Thanks! :)

At least we can stop speculating.

That's good news. I was kinda losing hope. And all this hate you received from the community... Well, we were losing our patience and temper. Awaiting the fix.

good news, i just hope they fix both bugs
1 too many resyncs
2 hosts crashing on resyncs

I hope they really do a U turn on this. Still pretty obv that it was not an accident

Do not assume a conspiracy were incompetence, laziness and greed might suffice as explanations. My guess is that no one at firaxis know the multiplayer code in depth and that it has lower priority than single player issues. Therefore they have not put much money/hours into solving multiplayer issues even if they wish to do so. They do not know exactly what they are doing and now it backfired. Their "fix" of the science overflow bug suggest the same explanation. They are not evil, they are people with budgets and deadlines.

That being said, there is a solution to some of these problems: playtesting. You get people who are experts at your game to work for free in improving it. Much criticism is averted by letting the community gets to have a say in the creative process. Further, many of the things you need to fix have already been fixed in mods. Use these. Finally, using playtesters and modders puts you into contact with some very good prospective employees and lets you see what they are capable of. The downside is that the games/dlcs/patches might come out a bit later but with legacy brand as civilisation 1 week is very little compared to the time the game spends in development and is then played.

what chumchu says

reads to me like a well thoughtout and balanced post. I would like to add one possible advantage of involving the community: transparency. What made people so furious was the denial in the beginning by people connected to 2k/firaxis and the ignorance that followed involving no statement, no sign of life while their by far biggest game died.

Thanks Denis, I hope it's in time to bring all the players back again, it's a pretty sad state right now.

CS

Many thanks! This makes me very happy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom