More Civilisations

Well, now this was a silly event. Gotta say it though, didn't see it coming, and the civs are all too beautiful. Excellent work guys. :goodjob:

I can't help but thinking on the Crusader Chapter House in Age of Empires when I see that Crusader UA, it's uncannily familiar.

The barbarians are coming! The barbarians are coming!

Once I finish my current hotseat game with my brother, with Hitler the Loser (he's in last place!) and Churchill the Terrible (he went Autocracy!), I'm going to have to try to set up a new one with all these barbarian civs and see if we can withstand the tide! :D

On the other hand, the chivalric order thing makes me think I really need to learn how to do UI code...

The Thracians - Sitalces

The Thracians inhabited what is now known as Bulgaria for centuries, both by their military might and their cultural prowess. Though a tribal people, the Thracians were occasionally united under the one king, the most successful of which was likely the Odrysian Kingdom of Thrace. Often treated as barbaric by outsiders, Thracians were warlike, and showed this in their dominance of the lands just outside the influence of the Delian League and Macedon.
Steam Workshop | Direct Download
Screenshot Album
The Thracians
Hand of Sabazios - Units fight better near Barbarian Encampments and earn Golden Age points from killing Barbarians. Upon capturing a city, all units within two tiles of this city receive bonus XP.
Seuthopolis
Unique Unit: Falxman, replaces Swordsman. +25% Combat Strength when attacking, -25% when defending.
Unique Unit: Peltast, replaces Composite Bowman. Gains a Combat Bonus when adjacent to an enemy unit. May move after attacking.

The Barbarian Invasion has begun! This release is part of the Barbarian Invasion event, four civs will be released separately throughout the day as part of this event. I'll be adding the links below as they are released:

The Gauls | (JFD's) The Germans | The Thracians | (TarcisoCM's) The Iberians

I just got a sudden urge to play an epic Ancient-Classical-Medieval game as Rome in the Europe map...

Yeah, suddenly Rome has good contemporary competitors! (although in a EU-style map Rome may well never exist because of Etruscans...but if they do get going they can get super strong whereas these four might be stuck as the same civ for quite a while)

Do the Thracians officially belong to More Civilizations or Greater Europe? I just want to know which thread to post bugs or look for updates and such.

I only asked because it was released in both threads, but More Civs doesn't have them or the Gauls on the main page while Greater Europe does have the Thracians on the main page.

At first, the Thracians were intended to go with the mythical Greek Split by More Civs, but they were moved away in favour of another Greek civ. Then one day Viregel started coding it out of the blue. I'd say it's a joint venture, but they belong to Greater Europe a tiny bit more, and Viregel will be maintaining it, I suppose.

I only asked because it was released in both threads, but More Civs doesn't have them or the Gauls on the main page while Greater Europe does have the Thracians on the main page.

That's probably because I was asleep - Gaul and Thrace were posted at 1 and 5 AM my time, respectively. I'll update them soon, when Sukritact and Viregel send me the stuff that I need to update it

I think it's a collab civ between the two, possibly more on the MC side, given Viregel posted it on Steam as "MC's Thracian Civilization"

That's probably because I was asleep - Gaul and Thrace were posted at 1 and 5 AM my time, respectively. I'll update them soon, when Sukritact and Viregel send me the stuff that I need to update it

I think it's a collab civ between the two, possibly more on the MC side, given Viregel posted it on Steam as "MC's Thracian Civilization"

That's close to Greece...
Easter egg isn't surprising...
:scan:

The Gauls war theme is amazing what's it called?

I only know its something from the first Asterix movie...how could it not! :p

Indeed. I've mixed a few elements from the main theme and the tracks called "Battle / La Bataille Rangee" and "Circus again / Le Cirque Encore" into one track. I always loved the drums and bagpipes in those.

Top Bottom