Questions, Comments and Topics Requested for PolyCast Christmas Special 2014

DanQ

Owner, Civilized Communication
Headed by regular co-hosts Daniel "DanQ" Quick, "Makahlua", Philip "TheMeInTeam" Bellew and "MadDjinn", PolyCast is approaching the conclusion to its eighth season. On December 20th, 2014, they will record the show's annual Christmas Special live as have been all episode recordings this calendar year. However, they are need of questions to answer, comments to reflect on and topics to investigate to drive this celebratory stream's content: Civ in nature, strategy/computer gaming in general or even PolyCast specific inquiries are all welcome... you are not limited to just one!

To submit your questions, comments or topics for this purpose in advance, do one of the following:

a) respond accordingly to this thread;
b) send an email to thepolycast@gmail.com;
c) leave a voicemail for free by using Skype to call the show; or
d) leave a voicemail by using your telephone to call the show: (301) 637-7659 or +44 121 288 7659.

In addition, the PolyCast team will also take them live during the recording of the 2014 Christmas Special in the chat room powered by uStream. Help the show's regular co-hosts prepare for this event by submitting your inquiries in advance. PolyCast is a bi-weekly audio production in an ongoing effort to give the Civ community an interactive voice on game strategy; sibling show ModCast focuses on Civ modding, RevCast focuses on Civilization: Revolution, SCivCast on Civ social gaming and TurnCast on Civ multiplay.

Now that Civ BE is out, are you done with discussing Civ 5 on the Polycast?

Now that Civ BE is out, are you done with discussing Civ 5 on the Polycast?
As it happens, we responded to an email on this very subject during Episode 216's recording last Saturday. Given this I'll respond here, and now, to your message. :)

PolyCast's gaming coverage is to continue to include Civilization V as well as Civilization: Beyond Earth. In fact, two CivV topics were discussed on Episode 216 and topics on Episode 217 publishing December 31st are exclusively on it. Relatedly, the upcoming annual Listener Feedback survey is to include a standing multiple-choice question about the Civ title balance coverage audience members thinks is best.

Where does Mac save my game? I cannot find it :cry:
This is a question I believe is better address here in reply. I presume you're referring to Civliization V; if so, then: ~/Documents/Aspyr/Sid Meier's Civilization 5/Saves (reference).

What is your opinion of the new trade route system in BE; an improvement over the old, sideways change, or a regression? What does a trade route mean to you in a Civ game? Does it bother you that trade depots are not purchasable? Compare and contrast the difference between rush buying items in a new city, and trading goods to a new city to increase its food and production values.

What would you guys like to see fixed/balanced/patched in CiV:BE? People have largely different opinions on everything, and obviously the devs can't (and shouldn't) implement them all. But in a well thought out and reasoned response, it might be more useful to them to have more direction in how the game can be improved.
I know MadDjinn has/had some sort of QA/tester/feedback relationship with Firaxis, so maybe his input is the most valuable.

Thanks.

Thanks to those who have already provided additional inquiries, and less than a day after my 'reminder' post above!

I know MadDjinn has/had some sort of QA/tester/feedback relationship with Firaxis...
To clarify, the same goes for me.

at what point have all of you "figured out" the game(s) as in, openly said "well, there's no need to play on difficulty level X, let's up to difficulty level Y", and let's keep the form as is, because if I remember correctly, not all of you play on Deity every time. Sorry if that issue was discussed already. Also, if one question per user isn't enforced, if your life depended on one game of Civ5, in which you must pick one Civ to play and have one victory condition to play for, what combo would you choose. Assuming the odds are stacked against you that much, that your only shot of winning is Civ X going for Victory type Y

Top Bottom