Random Rants LVII: wow. many anger. very whining.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am glad to see that you've finally decided to teach 'Mericans the use of the Celsius scale. First we'll use a dual (Fahrenheit and Celsius) nomenclature then we'll eventually only use the Celsius scale.

I'm a USAian in the Philippines. It didn't take long to get used to Celsius. The fact that 1 Celsius degree ~ 2 Fahrenheit degrees makes it easier to work with.

NYE ?

Yes, I remembered reading Raves thread. Silly me :cringe:

I have enough anxiety in my waking life, I don't know why the few seconds of dreams I might remember in every two to six weeks have to be about me being made fun of in my dream or recounting/reimagining actual failures from my waking life

Bah humbug

I am going to see in the New Year with tea, biscuits and episodes of Thundercats.

(Rant or Rave? Take your pick.)

I have to work on New Years Eve night :cringe:.

I hate working in a service industry...

Let me tell you a new years eve story

I'm sitting near the back of the (tonight free) public transit bus, and I'm heading home after spending a couple hours downtown with some friends for a new years bash. There's a white guy sitting a couple seats in front of me, and a couple of his buddies around him. There is a black guy sitting across the aisle from him. As far as I can tell he has no buddies, he's there all by himself.

And the white guy, he just keeps acting like a tough guy and saying more and more crap. He starts talking at the black guy, trying to start something... "You wanna start something?".. Every minute, it's another such catchphrase.. He was trying to provoke him.

Then he stood up, and he stood there in the aisle, and he tried to provoke this guy even more.. really "in your face" kind of stuff. I had enough. I stood up, and I walked right up him. What the hell was he trying to start? We don't do crap like that in CANADA.

Next thing I know I THINK I got punched in the face. I'm not really sure. I didn't really feel much, but now there is a bit of swelling - so at some point I must have. From what I remember, I just extended my arms, in the classic "i'm not really here to fight, dude" stance, and pushed him forwards with my bodyframe, and he ended up on the ground (somehow). His buddies rushed to his defence.. for all I know it is one of him who punched my cheek - I'm not really sure - I just really noticed it after I got home..

Then from what I remember I went back in my seat, and his buddies were HITTING THEIR HANDS IN FRONT OF THEIR OTHER HANDS right in front of my face, like it was supposed to be some sort of a thing that intimidates ones.. It didn't really work on me, as I was still trying to come to terms with what was exactly going on.. Plus I thought that what they were doing was sort of comical. Also, all I knew was that my fine Peruvian hat was now not on my head.

Then I sat in my seat as the flashing lights around us lead to police entering the bus and escoring all the "bad people" (tm) off the bus. There was a row of black guys behind me who were making sure I understood that hey appreciated what I had done.

I'm home now. I didn't really realize what was going on until NOW.

I guess I got in a bus fight and got punched in the face, AND I DIDN'T EVEN REALIZE IT. And a bunch of racist are fuming over what happened somewhere, which actually makes it all sort of worth it

:goodjob:
Not many people would've done that, so respect for your courage.
(and it's also a nice story, which is a bonus ^^)

Damn NYE. I'd have expected that at least ONE bar is open here. But no, everything is closed! I know, many people leave the town, due to students etc., but seriously, can't be that bad that it's not worth opening at NYE.

We don't do crap like that in CANADA.

It sounds like you did a brave thing, and we should be proud of you. :clap:

Thanks guys, I'm not even really sure how I did that. I just had enough, stood up, and walked straight up to the guy. Didn't have a plan to fight him or anything like that, and didn't have a plan at all really.. I'm not much of a fighter - even if I think I can be quite strong.

Next thing I know there's a scuffle and next thing I know there's cops. It was all a bit surreal to be honest, including the part where there was a racist openly trying to provoke a black guy to begin with. No idea how my forehead got cut, how the hell that guy ended up on the ground in front of me, or how I ended up back in my seat and very calmly watched the rest of the BS from my seat, as if nothing had happened.

When I was getting off the bus at my stop, one of the girls getting off with me said "watch out, he's kinda crazy" (she knows him). So I guess I have to watch out for a crazy racist for the next little while. I hope he ended up in jail - I have no idea what the cops did to him. I think one of my resolutions for this year is to take some self defense classes so I can be better equipped to fight racists in the year to come.

You deserve some sort of congratulations, I think. Get some pork sausages from the freezer, put them to wherever you're bruised, then when they're unfrozen you fry and eat them as a celebratory meal.

You did a good deed there, warpus. As you said, I'm sure the black guys really appreciated it.

Why, your auto-save function breaking for some reason is just what I wanted, Fallout 3!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom