Final Earth Map

the dpwnload link works just fine, it should produce a file called "attachment" which makes no sence! however the trick is.. once the file is done downloading, rename it to "attachment.zip" and that will make it unpackable and inside you will find the BIC.

ok?

thanks a lot Martin4444, it woriking now.
Anyway I was found this map on another site.
Best regards Martin :)

Hey, i have been off here a long time and i just wanted to ask if there's yet a final world map with the new conquest resources like tobacco and stuff.

Why the search doesn't work? Just to speed up the forum as it says?

Originally posted by Aletus
Hey, i have been off here a long time and i just wanted to ask if there's yet a final world map with the new conquest resources like tobacco and stuff.

Marla has not posted for sometime. Her last post was over three months ago - on a Eurpean Union Map - what ever that is. :confused: :confused: But I am from Ammounderness.

I do not think she has made a map for PTW, therefore it is unlikely she will make one for C3C. But I am prepared to be corrected on this.

Marla's world map was the first one I played, and I enjoyed it - until the late game slowness ocurred. Not her fault but Civ3.

Thanks Marla - :king:

Great... but, I dont seem to be able to start at my default starting location for the civ I choose, all the AI players get the right starting location but whatever civ I choose start at a random spot :confused: .

Probably just something really simple that Ive forgotten, but its annoying so if you know what I do wrong plz tell me :crazyeye: .

Yeah, on my computer even the AIs sometimes change location, and the starting positions swap places sometimes...

Originally posted by Shiny
Yeah, on my computer even the AIs sometimes change location, and the starting positions swap places sometimes...
I've noticed this too. But not on Marla's map. I'm working on my own Earth map and even though I specify specific player starting locations, they sometimes swap with each other.

Hm, I came up with (and tested) a solution... just set the default Start Units to None and put down a settler and worker of a certain nationality wherever you would normally put the start point!

Originally posted by Shiny
Hm, I came up with (and tested) a solution... just set the default Start Units to None and put down a settler and worker of a certain nationality wherever you would normally put the start point!
Excellent idea! Bravo!

Another possible solution is to replace all seafaring civs starting locations to somewhere next to a sea tile. It seems seafaring civs MUST start next to water. I only tried seafaring civilizations, tahts why I never started at the correct starting location :p .

Antos : I can't download it! It tries to save itself as filename 'attachment'.

Just add ".zip" at the end of the filename and It will work.

It's named "attachment", then rename it "attachment.zip"

I would love to see a C3C version too! With volcanos you could put in the Ring of Fire around the Pacific Ocean! that would be Amazing!

I'm having a problem with this map. It takes forever to just end a turn even with as few as 8 civs! It never does this on a regular random map of the same size.

Anyone know how to fix this or whats happening?

Wonder why some people get a file called "attachment"? Mine's called MSWorldMap3Q.zip...

What did I do right?

-mS

i think MSWorldMap3Q.zip is for ptw and not for conquest

if you use DOWNLOAD NOW! link you will get the attachment file

Actually, the version Plexus has up is for Conqust, for it has the conquest resources in it, somethig that PTW doesn't have. it is also a zip file witht he conquest map in it, a .biq.
Also, the resources and civ placement are great, but I would also like to see Volcanos put in their proper spot as well as marsh. I would especially like to see the Ring of Fire surrounding the pacific Ocean.

Top Bottom