The Void Wakens - A God Game

And on the first millenia of the plane, Subodh looked down to the Void, and he looked towards the creations of other deities. And he most certainly approved.
And he saw that the world was without the necessary shadow for trees and other lifeforms to rest. As such, he looked upon an appropriate amount of height unreachable by plants, and he firstly said "Let Creation rest under the shadow of ethereal bodies that will provide shade and protection." And as such he used his divine knowledge in order to create clouds for Sivle's forests
Should he had chosen to interfere with other divine works of Creation, he could have done so easily. For instance, it was easily possible for Subodh to annoy Gelimont by disrupting his bringing of ice upon the plane. But instead, he decided otherwise. "As long as we live among and as deities, then let us act like them" he said, and he chose to create a desert to the north with small oasis from place to place.
And with this, Subodh rested for the coming of the second millenia, deciding to think and discuss about the Cosmos with other deities.

Does this world already orbit one or more suns?

It will be known that when the end comes it will be a beginning, for the beginning is itself a end.

The echo of the seed is the echo of a tree killed by disease, fire, wind, beast, axe... for all it be a combination if it must.

All who are born die: such is the only true universal of existence. All creations must embrace destruction, just as destruction embraces creation.

I sense live for it is fated; I sense it already dying.

Therefore I will hence a create a order who represent and guide my purpose... I will create the first and the last of the angels... the reapers. These will bring the souls of the recently deceased to their next purpose, be it reincarnation, a afterlife, a notice to main the haunt of a land or to cease existing. Whatever the case their soul will be recycled in the never ending cycle of birth, death, birth, death...

The reapers will serve as my messengers, catching the hands of all fated.

I also must declare: live is death as death is live; may the first trees die to give live to new and from live comendeath for I bring death to the world. May the trees decay and from this decay your live may honor more live for that will bring more death in turn. May the first creatures of the sea die like the trees as well for the simplest cell to the greatest oak will be made one with death.

Soon beheld the world and approved of the work his heavenly brethren were doing, for no mortal society could thrive on nothing. And he filled the world with all manner of pollinators, so that the plants and forests of Heshan and Testral would not wither away, but spread and support more life. Then Soon created a vast ocean to the south of the plains, so that future civilizations might enrich themselves with the bounty of the seas.

Bähl looked upon his sisters and brethren in anger as they filled the void with their creations, and deemed it lacking. there was no carnage to be had, no glory to be found, no soul to achieve greatness on the everlasting fields. their creations were calm and of great beauty, not of violent expression.

With a mighty roar of righteous fury, Bähl strikes the earth with his eternal wrath; forming a gargantuan landmass on the far-right (eastern) borders of the unfinished world. this landmass is a barren wasteland with active volcanic spires which connect to the planet's core, pumping violent streams of lava throughout the area from an underground pool filled by tectonic movement. it was considered poor in terms of foliage and beauty, as Bähl is outright incapable of thinking artistically when creating - as he is destruction incarnate.

With a sour taste in his mouth from having created something Bähl forms a mighty asteroid consisting of mainly ice, which he hurls into the center of his barren landmass. this rock blasts a large crater in the center of his creation and the ice is quickly melted down into fresh, drinkable water - which is the only source of nutrition and life in his construction for future organisms to fight, and struggle over.

"The noise of creation
awoke Drivalka,
and so the time started running.
Drivalka looked around and saw
all the things their brothers were doing.
He watched the water, and he liked it,
so he put forth his hand to take some.
He tasted it and he thought that was good.
A little drop of water fell
from the corner of his mouth into the sea,
and the time passed while the drop was falling
and water became stone in the void.
When the drop finally plunged in the sea,
it was land.
Drivalka liked that island,
so he builded there his home."

Viramvaak Saldah - "The Book of the Beginning"

Actions:
-Start time
-Build an island and live there.

When Xyz was first thrown into the world, he was intrigued. Although Kithith was a nice and ever changing place, Xyz always enjoyed being somewhere new. What he did not appreciate was being told what to do by others, the so-called Elder Gods annoyed Xyz, but the joy of being given a new world he had to explore overrode this indignation.

Xyz flew across the empty void while looking, but not interacting, with the other God’s creations. He kept his distance, he did not want to anger others unnecessarily. He continued to explore the plane, but he quickly found that (apart from the other god’s creations) it was a cold and stagnant place. In fact, he was cold. Xyz did not like being cold, in the ever burning chaotic energies of Kithith he was rarely cold. He needed to rectify this.

Looking around at the other gods, he saw that one of the Elder Gods was a nice warm ball of light. Xyz shot up to the ball of light and slithered around the surface of the Elder God while it grimaced, obviously unimpressed by Xyz’s antics. Quickly, Xyz found that he was set aflame when he sat this close to the Elder God he named “the Sun”. He quickly flew away from the Sun and tried to find something to put his flames out. He saw another Elder God that was a large cold rock, he named her “the Moon”. He slithered around her surface, which put his flames out. But now he was cold again. He needed to figure out how to use the warmth of the Sun and the coldness of the Moon to keep him at the perfect temperature.

Xyz wrapped his tail around Void’s mountain and, before anyone could object, used the mountain to shake the earth violently while laughing manically. After he uncurled himself from the mountain nothing was damaged, but the Planet had starting to spin around the sun. The Moon, for reasons unknown, decided to join the planet in its orbit and it started circling around the Sun. Flying up to the sky, Xyz started a crazed dance and declared to the other Gods that he had created the Day-Night Cycle, where the day would transform into the night, the light would transform into the black and the warm would transform into the cold.

Xyz then opened a portal to Kithith and disappeared there for a while. When he returned, he had a mouth full of sand and dirt. Xyz spewed the sand and dirt onto a place in Soon’s sea where Subodh’s clouds would converge and where Sivle’s blew strong, creating a small arid (desert) island with a few oasises and lakes splattered here and there in that perfect spot.

Xyz, pleased with his work, lay upon the island he created. It was a pleasant spot, when Xyz was too cold the Sun’s rays would warm him. When he was too hot the Moon’s rays would cool him. When he was too dry Subodh’s clouds would rain upon him and when he was too wet Sivle’s rain would dry him. Being lulled into a nice pattern, Xyz drifted to sleep and slept for a thousand years, dreaming of what he would do next.

Its funny how people are creating islands without a sea to make the word meaningful. :lol:

Aran'shei stood upon the threshold of the world and beheld the workings of the gods. He watched as void cast down the lodestone of the world at the centre of the plane and the gods in their turn created land and sea to the east and to the south and around the centre. He watched as life was brought forth into the world, and as his son in his turn decreed death to follow and created reapers, the first of the young races, to bring unto Aran'shei the souls of the living.

Thus Aran'shei, the Master of Souls travelled far from the lodestone of the world to the north-west quarter of the plane, for here the darkness of the beginning still lay heavy, and no god had yet left their mark. Here, separated for the timebeing from that which had until now been made by the timeless void, he called into being a great and expansive landmass, centred upon a high and jagged mountain range raised aloft to great heights, higher indeed than the lodestone of the world the void brought forth, enough indeed for them to scrape the boundary of the very heavens, upon these mountains the clouds Subodh had made gathered forming ice and snow, which flowed down their slopes unto hills and plains becoming liquid as rivers and streams bringing with them the sediments and rendering bounteous the land. In time it would likewise come to pass that plant life and the simple lifeforms that at this time was all that lived in the world save the gods, be it by chance or design, came to dwell upon the lower slopes, and upon the hills and plains of this vast new land.

Seeing this Aran'shei grew discontented, for while simple life, the trees and plants, and likewise the simple crawling and flying things of Soon, flourished true enough the land and seas were filled with silence. And so Aran'shei the master of souls and lord of changes gazed upon some of the simple beasts and imagined a great change upon them, seeing them changed and transformed as his creatures possessed of animated souls and bound to the cycles of life and death. And as he imagined so he made it manifest, for with words of power simple pollinators changed and became a great profusion of diverse life, changing into ever more complex forms unto Aran'shei's delight and to his desire. And when he was done with this great act, glad with this great change upon the world, he cast forth his new children unto the four dominions, the sea, the sky, the earth, and that which was under the earth and saw them extend across the world, animals of many forms ruled by their desires to the pleasure of the lord of desires, to feed, to reproduce, to rejoice and to be glad, to live. Thus beasts, fated to consume the forests and plants, and each-other and to produce yet more life, fated in their turn to die, and bound to the will of their Father Aran'shei the Lord of Souls and to be returned unto the fabric of the world when at last their souls were brought before him in the hereafter came into being.

-

Summary of Actions

Act I: Create in the Northwest quarter of the world (yet still separated from everything else made up to now) an expansive land centred upon a range of very high mountains.

Act II: Invoke a great transformative change upon the world, and bring about (complex) animal life on and under the land, in the seas and in the skies through the action of radical changes upon the simple life that heretofore existed. Spreading said life across the created expanse of the world.

-

OOC Notes:

~ Act 2 constitutes the creation of complex animals (birds, reptiles, mammals, fish, molluscs etc from the simple pollinators) in much the same way as a certain god created plant life in general in all its diversity (ipso facto we can assume forests = the general complex system of plants and fungi that makes a forest) via what you could say amounts to a supernaturally rapid act of theistically directed evolution. Hence you can consider it as Aranshei fashioning the basic template and spectrum of animal life, prior to any other divinities deciding to enact their specific designs on anything, and without adding any supernatural elements to his creations (no fire-breathing dragons or whatever as of yet).

Kinich just earned an enemy for life.

It's not like he turned my entire ocean into a desert, or created an area where civilization could never arise.

I sense a hostility between two gods...

I did not predict the fates of the gods were coming this soon.

Also: as lives are being set to develop Baase will extent the death of trees to the death of all, for the first will die to make way for the second, third, fourth...

Act I: Eveshka give to all animals the instinct of leadership. May the strong subduethe weak and guide him, protecting him as family.

Act II: Eveshka creates the Daughosha, animals similar to the wolves that hunt others at night.

It's not like he turned my entire ocean into a desert, or created an area where civilization could never arise.

What? No, I just made an island in the middle of your ocean that's all.

ooc: For the record, Joan was irritated that Kinich created an ocean when the deity he is playing at happens to be the sea god, hence the statement he made under a false presumption that Kinich acted outside of permissible boundaries. That said he didn't seem too peeved by it after talking about it on chat and after our eminent GM made clear that Kinich's actions were permissable, so any predictions of imminent deicide are likely to be premature. Ergo Ninjacow I think can most likely rest easy, seeing as this has nothing to do with island-raising deities whatsoever as far as I can recall.

One more thing, Ailedhoo extending his order to cover the animals wasn't strictly necessary considering in my offering I made the mortality of animals clear (this being very much the Lord of the Afterlifes interests), but it does make for a cleaner propositional action on Baase's part (instituting death in general, and reapers to act as subsidiary psychopomps) and so I think its a good decision on his part to amend his action in this case.

Void arose from its mountain and saw that it was no longer floating in space but surrounded by life and creation. It looked upon the living creatures, fascinated by their satisfaction living in a material world, before flowing out into the universal void for thousand years of meditation until the Elder Gods were to call upon the deity once again.

Ghorra Nym
Numore
Goddess of Life, Choices, and Sin

Top Bottom