AW's New Civilizations | The Sixteen Nation Project [G&K/BNW]

How should the Berbers be updated?

• Total voters
Ahaha sorry, you never can tell with central European/Balkan nationalism. :lol: Or just European nationalism in general over the last few years...

spiš is slovak clay

go home pig magyar gib clay

Any chance it'll be for BNW rather than G&K?

@ldvhl
To quote JFD:
"Hahahahahahahahano."
But all my mods are custom-tailored to be compatible with both, so no reason to fret.

@SnowyNix
What did I just read... :confused::dubious::eek2:

ohmyjesus that was like the best thing I've ever read

ohmyjesus that was like the best thing I've ever read

Hmmm.... Hamm was wrong when he told me not to judge anyone by his username and signature.
@Urdnot_Scott: ooo and if I'll post the same thing about homust? What you'll say then?
Urdnot_Scott said:
Oh god pls no

Anyway, back on topic:

1.what's next?
2. When its coming?
3.how may I(a man with a very little to no knowledge at modding, but an awfully large IQ :lol:) help you?

Hmmm.... Hamm was wrong when he told me not to judge anyone by his username and signature.
@Urdnot_Scott: ooo and if I'll post the same thing about homust? What you'll say then?

Anyway, back on topic:

1.what's next?
2. When its coming?
3.how may I(a man with a very little to no knowledge at modding, but an awfully large IQ :lol:) help you?
1) As if I ever make that publically known :p
2) When it's done (which is hopefully by the end of this week, but that's not written in stone)
3) Ideas for E&D, and YnAEMP coordinates since I'm too lazy and busy to find them myself

Lazy AND Busy? I thought it was my brother's thing....
Anyway, I will search for some.

I could get the mystery civ out today if E&D and YnAEMP are secondary concerns for everyone else. All that's left to do is finish up this pedia text, and then I could add support later when Natan thinks of something.
Or we could wait patiently. I'll leave it to y'all to decide.

Also, Natan: just a stubborn tradition thing, I typically include one good event and one bad event.

E&:D
Spoiler :

Event: Gifts From the Khagan
The Khagan of the khazars sent you gifts, celebrating your coronation. What shall we do?

Accept the Gifts!(gain 1000 :c5gold: gold, receive 500 :c5goldenage: golden age points)
Send the gifts back! I don't need the khagans approval...(a WLtKD starts in the :c5capital: capital, start a 10- turn :c5goldenage: golden age. 20% *civ* declares war on you.)

Event: Pecheng Raids!
The pechengs, barbarian tribes hired by the *civ*, are raiding are lands. What shall we do?

Bribe the Pechengs.(Lose X gold, gain 3 melee units worth X:2 gold.)
Were a large empire. We shall move are court to our newly acquired lands.(6 barbarian units appear in your current capital's territory. The capital is moved to the largest city :c5occupied: conquered.)
We shall prepare for war! Those cowards and their barbarian friends don't stand a chance against us! (Receive a free Gyula, declare :c5war: war on *civ*, 6 barbarian units and 1 friendly melee unit spwan in your capital's territory.)

Decision: Celebrate conquering the city of king Attila!
Requirements: may be enacted no longer then 10 turns after :c5occupied: occupying a city, may not be enacted after the renaissance era.
Costs: 2 magistrates.
Rewards: start a WLtKD in all cities founded by you. All units you have will yield :c5gold: GPT equal to their maintenance cost for 50 turns. +1 :c5happy: happiness from :c5occupied: occupied cities.

Decision: Invade the Carpathian Basin
Requirements: must have at least 2 Gyula, must be at war with only one civilization.
Costs: 1 magistrate, 1000 :c5gold: gold.
Rewards: Gain 1 free Gyula. All cities of the civilization your fighting with lose 25% of their HP. Gyulas gain the "Conquest of the homeland" promotion, causing cities to enter 5 turns of anarchy when gyula first enters their territory.

Please tell me your design has gyulas. If not, replace it with great general. Also, its something like this, right?

Magyaria!('Cause, Hungary never was a thing...)
Spoiler :
UA: Successor of Attila
Upon :c5occupied: occupying a city Immediately after conquest, a WLtKD starts in that city and in all other cities founded by you, and the city gains :c5production: production per each building and citizen it has lost. During WLtKDs, cities expand at double speed and contribute points towards a :c5goldenage: golden age.

UU: Gyula
Replaces great general. In addition to its effects, the Gyula also provides melee units additional 5% :c5strength: combat boost(and extra 5% boost in enemy territory), and removes the combat penalties of mounted units in its range. :c5moves:Moves through plains and grassland at double speed.

UU: Hungarian Cavalry
Unlike the knight which it replaces, the Hungarian cavalry is unlocked at civil service, and is slightly weaker(18 :c5strength:). However, it is cheaper, and pays no movement coat to pillage. Has 1 extra :c5moves: movement.

Please?

Doctor McGann still hasn't replied with the YnAEMP coordinates and E&D is a huge time sink. I can get the mod out today without compatibility for those (and make that arbitrary end-of-the-week goal), but if general consensus is that support should be added first... I can't say when it'll be released. Definitely not by Friday, to say the least.
But everything's working great from playtesting. No errors that I can see. (although I'm making a last minute UA change) Refreshing to have a mod in which everything works! :lol:

So what shall it be?

I don't use E&D nor YnAEMP, so I'm good with releasing now.

Sorry, I had less time available than I thought. I still intend to do them, but feel free to release the mod without me.

Before I start, what actually is the capital for the Magyars? If it's Budapest, then the work's been done, because all the city states have coordinates. If not, I'll do them within a week.

Alright then, since there are no objections...
I'm trying out a new infobox style. It could still use a lot of polish, but let me know what you think.
Spoiler :

The Magyars lead by Árpád
Capital: Esztergom
Colors: Green and Red
Primary Bias: Offense
Secondary Bias: Culture
UA: Conquest of the Homeland - Magyar-conquered cities are in resistance for half as long, and conquered Magyar cities are in resistance for twice as long. Mounted units produce +2 culture and ignore terrain penalties.
UU: Horka (Great General) - Magyar replacement for the Great General that, if stacked with a mounted unit, shares movement points with it. All units within range of a Horka not only receive the usual Great General benefits, but can also move after attacking (whether this is already one of their abilities or not).
UU2: Cuman (Horseman) - Magyar replacement for the horseman that has a city attack penalty only half that of a regualr horseman. Cities with a Cuman garrisoned in them produce units +15% faster.

Peace Theme: Johannes Brahm's Hungarian Dance #4
War Theme: Excerpt from Franz Liszt's Hungarian Rhapsody #2

SPECIAL INFORMATION
City-state of Budapest replaced with Kerma.

SUPPORTS:
Civ IV Traits
Cultural Diversity
Map Labels
Piety and Prestige

SPECIAL THANKS
danrell Horka Unit Graphics, Cuman Unit Graphics
JFD Some very, very old Lua

COMMENTS
The preferred religion is Christianity; I was going to make it Tengriism, since Magyars originally hailed from the Pontic Steppes and didn't convert to Christianity until much later, around Stephen I's time, but I figured I would be ticking enough people off already by making the capital something other than Budapest. :lol:

Now, you may have realized - or not - that a good half of the UA is "borrowed" straight from the Berbers, so they're finally going to get that magical prophesied update that will turn them into a gold civ to be placed in set 2, and the Magyars will take their place as the offensive civ of set 1.

Download v1 Now

Ezstergom is a much better capital choice, I don't see why people would be upset. I'll get on those coordinates for you!

EDIT: Come to think of it, I believe they're close enough coordinate-wise that you could use the same coords. You may want to make your mod remove Budapest as a city state...

Joke theif!(maybe if he'd use both kastsword and Jan, though....)
Also, AW what bout my ideas? Did you like them?

Top Bottom