SGOTM 21 - Xteam

The test game shows that if the F8 MEMBERS screen shows:
Turns until next Vote: 0
Votes until next Election: 1

and if we gift our AP Religion Cities to each of the AIs except for 1 AI and then end the turn:
We will see:
Votes until next Election: 0
with no Resolution having appeared

But, if we gift our AP Religion Cities to each of the AI and end the turn, we will see:
with no Resolution having appeared?!?! Huh?

Voting totals:
Us 42
Willem 7
Catherine 1
Elizabeth 1
Isabella 1
Justinian 1
De Gaulle 1
Zara Yacob 1
Sitting Bull 1
Suryavarman 1
Total = 42 + 7 + 8 * 1 = 57
42 / 57 = 73%
Hmmm, maybe we need more like 60%? I'm pretty sure that I read that it was less than 75% which we needed to have

Okay, so I tried again, but with Elizabeth and De Gaulle each having 6 votes and suddenly, the Religious Leader option came up:
Requires 48 of 65 Total Votes

We then see:
Turns until next Vote: 9
and, we will have until the end of that turn to perform actions, such as moving Tanks from Yaroslavl' to Moscow

Been trying out in the test game. When we see
Votes until next Election: 1
We can gift cities. We have to make sure we do not control to many votes.

It works the way you describe it.

An AP Victory Vote will appear with these totals:
Us 42
Willem 7
Catherine 1
Elizabeth 2
Isabella 1
Justinian 1
De Gaulle 1
Zara Yacob 1
Sitting Bull 1
Suryavarman 1

42 / 58 = 72.4%

So, the amount that you can have isn't quite "just under 75%" but may use integer math and thus the percentage is probably smaller.

If we aim for 70% or less of the votes, we should be fine.

Tanks that can arrive in Surfin' Turf on T189:
X-ops
Surfin' Turf
City 4
Hippos
Nongoma that was built this turn via Chops

Tanks that can move into the Galleons by our northern Fort on T189:
Utrecht

Tanks that can arrive at the Galleons 1NE of Coventry on T189:
Hastings
Coventry
Canterbury

Tanks that can arrive in Surfin' Turf on T190:
Ondini
New Amsterdam
Nongoma #2 (will be completed this turn with Chops)

I will try to build a couple of extra Tanks in case of misclicks

We can't afford misclicks with our Galleons, except that if that happens, we won't gift every AI a Hindu City and we'll win 10 turns later, instead of 20 turns later

Catherine ("Catherine's heart has to be conquered. You will have to prove your might to her by...")
a) Take control of the worlds most important resources: Control 4 aluminum, 6 uranium and 10 oil resources (control = have inside your borders and connected to your trade network)
b) Prove your might with a military parade in her honor (have the following units in her capital at the same time: 12 armored units, 4 air units and 12 gunpowder units, commanded by a general (unconnected))
c) Be the first to get a serious Space Program running (be the first to complete Apollo Program and build three parts of the spaceship, your choice)
Here's what we will call the pre-parade screenshot and the pre-gift saved game. The save game is from the turn prior that we'll be gifting, as is the screenshot
Spoiler :

REAL saved game... perhaps someone can quickly double-check that everything looks fine. We're looking to see 12 Tanks near Catherine and every AI being a Voting Member on the F8 MEMBERS screen for

WE DO NOT HAVE TO ACTUALLY GIFT CATHERINE THESE UNITS, right? The wording does not seem to imply gifting.

PPP

Don't spread Hinduism for now. If we miss Mansa's vote, we can't win, but if we get it, we should win.

I don't want to risk us getting too many votes. I cannot tell for sure if any AI will vote for us since we are going blindly into the election, due to the F8 MEMBERS screen not updating until it will be too late, so I will just assume that most AIs will vote for us.

If we don't win this time, then we'll have plenty of time to alter the balance of Hinduism worldwide.

I can't see why an AP Victory vote won't appear, but we've been wrong about the AP in the past.

Oh, no! Mansa switched to Hinduism and voted for himself! Now we will have to wait 20 turns to win. Here's a screenshot of that royal mess!!!!!

Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Haha, just kidding! We won!

Turn 192, 1320 AD Religious Victory for Greece

Congratulations Xteam. I was a little worried you wouldn't be able to finish with so many turns left and the deadline looming.

Well, that was easy!
Agreed. We invested so many turns into planning that after our Tanks were in position, everything was set up so well that it was literally a matter of just ending the turn twice.

Thanks to the admins and to my teammates for the fun game! :cool:

Well done. We all thought you would be pushing the deadline. :( But you had more than 9 hours to spare. :)
Spoiler :
plenty of time for another 20 turns if you needed them
And less than 7 hours behind Plastic Ducks.

edit, and real team work - handing game off between players/time zones for the last few days

Excellent job. You really shocked me with your revelation that Mansa changed to Hinduism since I have never seen the AI change out of free religion.

Congrats! A real great effort - will earn you silver laurels since the two team ahead of you tied for gold.:goodjob:

Top Bottom