Happy Ramadhan

So you agree that his comment was trolling and deliberately offensive then. Please report his post, as I have.

I'll give our local followers of Islam credit for sufficient technical prowess to report it themselves if they are offended enough to not just blow it off. I'm not sufficiently guilt ridden by my perceived racial superiority to think I need to do it for them as a show of solidarity.

I'll give our local followers of Islam credit for sufficient technical prowess to report it themselves if they are offended enough to not just blow it off. I'm not sufficiently guilt ridden by my perceived racial superiority to think I need to do it for them as a show of solidarity.

The loops you've just jumped through to avoid even anonymous confrontation of bigotry astound me.

I can freely celebrate Ramadan in any way that I choose, such as by eating lots of pork. Mmmm.

Happy Ramadan. I shall join in celebrating this event by feasting on lots of pork. Mmmm, pork.
You done f-ed up dude. I'm totally stealing your 72 virgins while you're rotting in hell with the other infidels! :cool:

Ok, though I don't get how celebrating Ramadan my way is any different to eating chicken on Christmas day, or beef on Easter.

One of the advantages to fasting is that it makes it hard to care about little things. If someone wants to celebrate something by eating a lot of pork, they can. It's probably not conducive to a long life, but who cares?

Okay, there might be people who do care, but I am not one of them, and I don't think there are any Muslims on these forums who are these type of people.

Cant be any worse than smoking or alcohol, surely?

Smoking is OK, just not during the day. I mean I've heard some imams say its haram but loads of people in the Middle East do it and doesn't seem to be taboo like pork or alcohol. But in a lot of places women smoking in public is not accepted.

I'm pretty sure Muslims aren't really supposed to care at all about what non-Muslims choose to eat.

They don't, but they have Cheezy to patrol the non-Muslims for them.

If it was a vegan thread everyone would be like "lolz I'm gonna eat 5 animals for every one you don't eat" with lolz all around but vegans are not a protected class.

I'm pretty sure Muslims aren't really supposed to care at all about what non-Muslims choose to eat.

I'd think so too. This got me thinking that almost everyone celebrates Christmas nowadays, both Christians and non Christians alike. However you never see anyone getting offended if a non Christian celebrates Christmas in a non Christian, more paganish way.

So how exactly is is it in anyway offensive if a non Muslim chooses to celebrate Ramadan however they choose, but in a non - Muslim way, such as by eating a forbidden food from Islam?

Would Cheesy and the Moderators have been just as upset if I chose to celebrate Christmas by eating shellfish, or by wearing garments woven from more than one fabric? (Both of which are strictly forbidden in the bible just as my choice of food for Ramadan is forbidden in the Koran).

So yea, Im not getting how it is considered an offense if I choose to celebrate any religious festival by eating (or wearing?) things which are forbidden by that religion. My kitchen, my house, my food / rules.

Similarly, I 'troll' my own mother the same way all the time. Everytime any debate regarding food comes up, particularly with her asking why I wont eat something, my response would be 'So if I went and bought some beef and told you to eat it, you would eat it right?'

Followed up by the 'OMG HOW DISGUSTING CAN YOU POSSIBLY BE???'. What? How? How is beef disgusting? Likewise whenever I buy food, and silly mumsie wants to eat it, usually my takeaway pizzas, I now just order beef + pork combined pepperoni pizzas, which TBH I dont like as much as veg ones, but it stops the silly old hag from eating them.

Oh, and I remember when I go to Mc donalds and order my pork / beef stuff. Once I ordered a breakfast wrap. Most people working at my nearest mc donalds are muslims, as was the one serving me, and the first thing he says is 'You do know that this contains bacon right?'. Erm yes, I am capable of reading the menu, why would that be a problem? Oh, because Im brown and I have a beard, so you think I'm one of whatever you are, lol.

It's a matter of courtesy, is what I think it is. You are choosing to wave the fact that you'll eat pork in my face when you are not required to state that fact. Still, I don't really care what you eat, cannabalize yourself if that's what you feel like doing, and I can't get offended over such mild rudeness.

If it was a vegan thread everyone would be like "lolz I'm gonna eat 5 animals for every one you don't eat" with lolz all around but vegans are not a protected class.

Wow, those people are jerks. I would congratulate on a healthy life style and say something along the lines of "you'll probably outlive me".

Vegetarian lifestyles are not healthier than eating meat responsibly.

As I mentioned earlier, smoking and drinking alcohol reduce life expectancy even more.

Japanese people have the longest life expectancy in the world, and their diets are mostly fish.

Please educate yourself on nutrition before assuming that eating meat means you die earlier, which is completely 100% false.

There is absolutely nothing 'jerk-worthy' about stating that you eat meat, or when you choose to eat meat. Humans are omnivores and meat is a very important part of a healthy balanced diet.

Also pork is the leanest and healthiest red meat you can buy. Eaten in moderation, it is only beneficial to human health and in no way reduces life expectancy.

But I'll make a guess that you will completely ignore this valid information and continue believing that people who eat meat are going to drop dead by the time they are 50.

It's a matter of courtesy, is what I think it is. You are choosing to wave the fact that you'll eat pork in my face when you are not required to state that fact.

Ok, and you are choosing to wave the fact that it is Ramadan in my face when you are not required to state that fact. My level of courtesy shown is no more less or greater than yours.

... rudeness.

And how is whatever I eat in my kitchen, in my house rude to you? I can tell anyone what I had for dinner, and I can eat whatever I want on any day of the year. How is doing so considered rude in any civilized society?

So you agree that his comment was trolling and deliberately offensive then. Please report his post, as I have.

Ok. Im now going to celebrate Ramadan by being gay. Though I am gay 365 days of the year, unfortunately I cannot become straight just for Ramadan so I will also be gay on that day.

Wait, how about cookies, can I eat cookies on Ramadan?

Top Bottom