Civ design challenge

I guess I will design a Srivijaya... so here it is:

Srivijaya
Leader: Dharmasetu

UA: Fortunate Victory
May anex :c5citystate: city-states if you are sending a trade route to them, they follow your religion, and you may demand tribute from them. Naval trade routes always spread religions regardless of the amount of tiles in-between the two cities. Start next to at least 2 :c5citystate: city-states.

UI: Candi
+1 :c5culture: culture and :c5faith: faith. Gains an additional permanent point of :c5faith: faith for every majority religion ever followed in the nearest city. Srivijayan naval trade routes that pass a Candi spread Srivijaya's majority religion double to the city the trade route is going to, while other religions are spread back to Srivijayan cities at a double rate by the same trade route. May be built on any flat coastal tile (flat jungle, grassland, snow etc.) or any inland hill tile. May only be built in you territory. Unlocked at Philosophy.

UNW: Great Entrepôt (East India company)
Free harbor in the city it is built in. +50% naval trade route range from this city. Naval trade routes departing from this city passively claim neutral coastal land adjacent to the trade route. This land can be made neutral again if a major civilization stations a unit on this land while at war. This land may also be claimed by :c5culture: cultural border expansion of other major civilization*. **

* Other major civs may not purchase this land
** If the cargo ship is pillaged, this land is kept for 5 turns (standard speed) and then lost

I know that I made it less military focused, but I think they really did absorb other city-states in a Venetian/Phoenician fashion with trade. I also wanted to highlight the amount of religions that have been followed in Indonesia and Malaysia.

I like the Candi very much, but I think that the two last parts of the UA should be changed(what does may not gain even mean?).

So is the voting going to begin now? Or are we going to continue another day or so?

My entry:

The Srivijayan Empire

UA: Empire of the Waves - Doubles the effects of Harbors and Seaports.

UU: Borobudur Ship - Replaces Galleass. Is more costly than the Galleass it replaces, but it can enter deep ocean and starts with the Targetting I promotion.

UB: Vihara - Replaces the Temple. Generates extra :c5faith: Faith and has a slot for a great work of art.

A week must've passed already....

Uighur_Caesar's gets my vote.

Im voting for ROCB.
(NiaoMeow)

I vote Howard Tafty

that said, loads of odd UUs this time around I have no idea how they work.

I vote for Howard.

And a quick question for Natan, why are you using Delta to represent a summation? Delta means "change in" mathematically, example (deltaV)^2 = 2a(deltaX), where V is velocity, a is acceleration, and deltaX is displacement. The Greek letter you want to use instead of delta in this particular case would be Sigma, which means "sum of" or "total" mathematically. For example, Sigma F_x = F_1x + F_2x + ... F_nX, where Sigma F_x is the total force in the X direction and everything to the right of the equal sign is the X component of every force involved in whatever it is that you're analyzing here.

Sorry for the rant, it just really bothered me.

You know, you bother me too... :p
But thanks...

(Also Howard I have no idea where did you get that scout UU from)

Top Bottom