NukaNESIOT: Superpowers

Excellent update.

To Brazil, we shall be developing too nuclear weapons for purely defensive reasons. We have no itention to expand any more. We hope that the pact will be upheld.

Stats are updated :) You all know the drill

Brazil es numo uno! Arriba-arriba!

The Empire of Brazil wishes to reassure Argentina that its nuclear weapons program will be oriented for the mutual protection of our two nations against foreign aggression.

From a purely OOC perspective a nuclear war in South America would be awesome.

Now that we see the way the People's Republic gladly throws its allies to the sacrificial pyre, we realize our good fortune indeed in rejecting friendship with her. Hear us, brigands of Beijing: this is only a temporary setback. Welcome to a world where you are without friends. Breathe deep one last time the air of your "liberated" China, so that later you might remember the taste.

-*A*-

I'm a strong independent warmonger who don't need no allies.

The Federation Strikes Back

Federation Troops on the offensive

Nigeria- The African Federation has launched a massive assault against its enemies in the FDRWA. The decision came as intelligence sources confirmed that the FDRWA had supplied Western Mercenaries to the people of Gabon. These troops inflicted significantly higher causalities on the Federation Armies than originally predicted. Lives that shouldn’t have been lost due to a relatively easy operation. Thanks for FDRWA meddling however that was not the case.

To attain retribution and prevent further meddling President Blair authorized Operation Unity. Operation Unity composed the best elements of the Federation Army and sent them forward to crush West African Troops. The operation was a huge success as over 50% of the West African Federation has fallen into Federation hands. The West African Fleet now rests at the bottom of the Atlantic Ocean and their armies have fallen back into the interior where they are ripe for the picking. African generals are confident that this war will be wrapped up soon. Given the economic disparity between the opposing forces, it is entirely possible that the FDRWA will collapse before a single Federation trooper enters the capital.

Despite the positive news and comments from his Generals, there has been opposition to this move. Operation Unity has sent the bulk of the African fighting force north, away from the core territories. President Blair has responded to criticism that the Federation now lays open to counter-attacks from Nanyza or other powers that have nearly doomed other countries such as Australia and India. When pressed, the President gave this response:

“We have prepared for a contingency against possible outside interference. Any attack on our soil would be foolish as our armies are the most powerful on the continent. We have not made enemies out of Nanyza the way the West Africans have made enemies out of us. We are sure that they will understand the need for our operation. There is no bad blood between our peoples because they believe in what we believe in, Africa for Africans!”

The President’s critics still remain skeptical but his approval ratings are rather high. With order restored in the occupied territories, adding new ones to bolster the Federation’s territory seems to be winning him new friends across the country. Should the President pull off this victory it is entirely possible that he will easily win his bid for re-election in 2040.

Fallen Troops Honored

Fallen soldiers honored

Despite the success of the campaigns, soldiers are still being killed in the war. Estimates put the casualties of African soldiers during President Blair’s campaigns in the 70,000 range. This doesn’t include the soldiers and civilians killed in the occupied countries, or police that have been killed enforcing his will. Generals of the Federation Army have pointed out that comparatively speaking, African losses have been light compared to other countries. The American-Mexican war had a higher loss rate than our combined campaigns.

It is also noted that the African Federation has nearly doubled in size compared to two years ago. Our economy has doubled and stability rating puts us in the top 5 super powers of the world. “Progress costs lives and the only thing we can do is make sure that those lives weren’t lost in vain” commented the President. Still with the outcome of Operation Unity uncertain it is entirely possible that more soldiers could be coming home in caskets. How many more is anyone’s guess. Political analyst believe that as long as the average Federation citizen’s standard of living continues to rise and foreign wars remain foreign, it is possible that the populace will continue to overlook the loss of life. Only time will tell how true that is.

Only 1.5 hours remain till the 2% bonus, and 18.5 hours until the deadline :)

Update has begun, only missing orders from India and China

The Swiss Herald
A voice for the Free World

[Font=”Times New Roman”]Spring, 2037[/font]

DON'T CRY FOR ME ADELITA!

US Marine hoping to slow down the Mexican armored offensive

Pittsburgh, United States of America- With mounting domestic pressure regarding America’s continued recovery while Mexico seemed to stagnate, President Rivera, determined not to lose control of his republic, ordered the second invasion of the United States of America. Veteran Mexican pilots quickly established air superiority, and the US Third Army, lacking armor support and training, was forced to retreat north, completely battered from the assault. From there, the two Guards Divisions changed their objectives. The First Revolutionary Guards went south to at last destroy the American 1st Air Squadron. Though the American 1st Army fought bravely, and would fight desperately in the Florida swamps in hit and run attacks, the lack of numbers, armor or other support units meant that the marines could only fight as hard as they could before being wiped out to a man, and with them fell the American air force.

Meanwhile in the north, the 2nd Revolutionary Guards battered and abused the US Third Army up the Eastern Coast, and the Third decided to eventually retreat west towards Chicago to preserve itself, allowing the Mexicans to advance up the Atlantic seaboard once more. The new White House, which was still under construction, was burned again and the Mexicans have now taken a commanding presence over North America. However, the United States is far from defeated, and the US Second Army is fresh and poised to strike deep into the Mexican heartland. Only time will tell which of these powers will emerge the victor, but most feel that this time around, no quarter will be given.

(USA: 1st Army: (routed); 3rd Army: -3 infantry, -1 artillery; 1st Air Squadron: (routed); -5 stability)

(Mexico: 1st Revolutionary Guards Division: -2 infantry, -1 mech, -1 armor; 2nd Revolutionary Guards Division: -1 infantry, -1 mech; 1st Revolutionary Air Wing: -2 Fighters, -1 Strike Fighter; +8 stability)

SHATTERED SKIES IN AFRICA

WAAF Strike Fighters help down the SAS Nandi

Abuja, African Federation- Though the initial attack was devastating to the West African forces, the FDWRA was able to hold the line this spring, as the African Federation opted to establish complete air superiority. Using super carriers from the coast and land based aircraft, the AF intended to firmly establish itself as the superior power in the skies. With the AF’s naval power uncontested, the West Africans opted to strike at the AF’s fleet, and scored some successful hits before eventually succumbing to the AF’s numbers. With this victory, the African Federation’s 3rd Army was able to arrive in West Africa, and will likely make some significant moves in the coming summer as the noose around the GGLA 1st Division continues to tighten. For their part, the West Africans have opted to send the GGLA 2nd Division to the north, transferring most of their units to the 1st Division in an effort to hold out as long as they can. President Martin still has hope that a stand can be made, but unless Nyanza intervenes in the conflict, it is essentially three armies against one without air support, and most experts believe that, barring outside intervention, the West Africans will be conquered by the end of summer.

(AF: 1st Army: -1 mech; 2nd Army: -3 infantry; 1st NTF: -1 Carrier; 118th Tactical Wing “Mobius Squadron: -1 Fighter; +3 stability)

(FDRWA: GGLA 1st Division: -2 infantry, -1 mech, -1 armor, -1 artillery, -1 gunship; WAAF Tactical Air Command: (routed); -4 stability)

Deadman fighting?

Japanese tanks help hold off yet another allied assault

Delhi, Republic of Indonesia- The brutal war in East Asia continued on into the spring, with many feeling the noose tightening on the allied Indian-Chinese forces. In India, the Presidential Bodyguard opted to cede Delhi to the invading Indonesian forces, hoping to outflank them, but the Indonesian Generals were acutely aware of what the Indians were trying to do. Lacking meaningful air cover, the Indonesians were able to challenge and force back any Indian attempt at a flank. It would be over a series of small, limited engagements that would eventually allow for the Indonesians to eliminate the Presidential Bodyguard as a meaningful threat, and allowed for the securing of India and Pakistan, while Afghanistan soon declared independence once more.

There was some aspect of good news for the Indians though. Correctly anticipating that Indonesia would attempt to intervene in China over land, the 1st Gorkha Rifles moved southwest to stop the Indonesian drive to destroy the Chinese and Indian air forces. The 1st Gorkha Rifles were more than capable of pushing back the Indonesian TNI-Sukarno, and were even able to push back over the border slightly. Now, with the main Indonesian TNI-Suharto in the west, and the TNI-Sukarno reeling, the 1st Gorkha Rifles are in a position to launch a counterattack against the Indonesians, but will need subsidies from either China or another power if they hope to continue their war.

On the Chinese front, air superiority was once more disputed, as new squadrons of Chinese fighters once more joined the fight against both Japanese land and sea aircraft. The ground situation became increasingly chaotic due to the disputed skies, and the Japanese opted to remain on the defensive, in light of the Grenadiers continuing to remain in the theater. Japanese troops continued their defensive posturing, something that has irked her generals, despite newly constructed fortifications helping reduce casualties significantly. Senku Akatoshi is seeing mounting pressure as Japan is unable to pay her debts, and how the Chinese campaign seems to be slipping from their control. However, the Chinese have suffered far worse than the Japanese, and the Indians are weeks, if not days, from a complete collapse, with only the actions of the 1st Gorkha Rifles keeping the nation alive. In any case, Senku Akatoshi has more than enough control over her nation to keep the people in line, and Japanese veterans were more than capable of withstanding allied assaults despite the lack of air superiority. With Indonesian assistance likely to at last fully materialize in the coming months, Akatoshi has kept her military policy firm, and many experts feel she will be rewarded in due time.

(China: 42nd Group Army: -2 infantry, -2 armor; 28th Group Army: -3 infantry; People's Liberation Air Force: -1 Fighter)

(India: 1st Gorkha Rifles: -1 infantry, -2 marines, -1 mech; President’s Bodyguard: (routed); The Grenadiers: -2 infantry, -2 mechs; -8 stability)

(Indonesia: TNI-Suharto: -2 infantry, -2 marines, -1 mech, -1 armor; TNI-Suharto: -3 infantry, -1 mech, -1 armor, -1 artillery; +4 stability)

(Japan: Aka-Gun: -3 infantry, -1 mech, -1 artillery; Midori Gun: -2 infantry, -1 armor; Alpha Wing: -1 Fighter, -1 Strike Fighter)

The Ukraine is not yet dead
Kiev, European Concordat

The Ukrainian Republic has at last come under attack, with the dreaded European assault materializing. European forces quickly rolled through in three different directions, from the north, west, and south, something the Ukrainian forces simply did not have the numbers to deal with. A small Ukrainian force was tasked to hold Odessa, and though they caused some casualties against the Concordat forces, the city would fall. The Europeans then continued to advance east, but then ran into rabidly anti-European militias in Eastern Ukraine. Their homemade roadside bombs and improvised anti-aircraft weapons were able to inflict some significant damage onto the European forces, and top European generals have expressed fear in regards to being cut off from the main European force at Kiev. The Ukrainian military has for the most part opted to retreat from Kiev, though a few stay behind units did make the affair far messier than it should have. Instead, the Ukrainians opted to defend themselves in the center of the country. With European bombers raining fire down unopposed, the Ukrainians have opted to hide their armor for use in ambushes in cities to some notable effect. For now though, the Europeans clearly have the upper hand, though the Ukrainians are still very much in this fight. Already, forces in the east are preparing for a counterattack, and some feel that Mother Russia will ride to the rescue of Ukraine, and throw out the Concordat. If Russia were to fight with the Ukrainians, there is the possibility that Kiev might be retaken, but if not, then Ukraine will be forced to fight alone against the combined strength of the rest of the continent.

(EC: ERRF: -1 mech; EJDF: -4 infantry; ESRF: -2 mechs, -1 armor; Eurosquadron: -1 Bomber)

Algeria falls to the Islamic State
Algiers, Islamic State

With pressure mounting on the Caliph as the Islamic State falls behind economically, the Caliph has launched his next campaign of conquest, this time against Algeria. The Algerian Air Force had hoped that they would outnumber the IS planes, however the Algerian jets seemed to be a step behind, and IS easily established air superiority. On the ground, air support and armor superiority has enabled the Caliphate to crush Algerian resistance, and has now expanded its reach into one of the most powerful nations in North Africa.

(IS: Sons of Saladin: -1 infantry; +2 stability)

Other News:

IMF to announce new banking regulations this Summer in wake of collapsing loans from China, Japan.

Canadian Parliament to vote on new border fence to protect Canadian jobs from American immigrants fleeing war, poverty

"Rather ironic" - Quote by Ukrainian President about his feelings of invasion by Europe, not Russia

Map

Spoiler :

OOC: I think I will be doing turn 12 awards to mark our 2 years in Superpowers together! It's quite an exciting time to be in the game, and at this point, there are still several powers who have a shot of winning this game!

Sorry for the delay in this update. Stats should be up tonight, and if not, tomorrow. If not tonight, the 1% deadline will extend to Friday at 5 PM. I will post to confirm that stats have been updated.

How the Christ did the Mexicans do better against an actual army than they did last time when there was nobody capable of fighting back?

This game is turning out ridiculously sysiphine. Good update Nuka, I guess.

Great update Nuka.

Glad I'm still holding out, though i'm probably not long for the world unfortunately.

No matter what happens. Good Game, and i'm sorry about being a pain on chat, and for not being that great of a player.

I hope that when this game is over we can get a second one soon, I like these types of games and I would like to try to put what I learned here to test in other games :)

How the Christ did the Mexicans do better against an actual army than they did last time when there was nobody capable of fighting back?

This game is turning out ridiculously sysiphine. Good update Nuka, I guess.

Last time they actually did not choose to advance to their furthest possible extent.

In that case, what's the point of even having an army if it makes no difference if you're invaded? Should I just abandon the US and just go galavanting around in Africa? If apparently armies don't make any difference on the defensive, I might as well get some credits.

Apparently, my mistake the first time wasn't not leaving a garrison in Texas - it was bringing my army back.

I think the main advantage for the Mexicans during the beginnings of both wars was air superiority, and massing all military on a single point. Ie. in the invasion this tirn, the Mexican Air Force was larger and better trained, while the massed 1st and 2nd armies were bigger than the American armies they hit. And as, nuke said, during the first war the Mexican armies were conservative with their advances.

Don't give up, fight the good fight!

Driving to the literal canadian border, as my air force does nothing and is completely destroyed goes beyond any level of reasonability. I could understand losing ground, I can't understand literally losing half my country, my entire air force, and half my army. Like I said before, if thats how this game works why bother building one at all? This isn't reasonable, this isn't balanced, and its definitely not fun. My army literally put up less of a fight than Bangladesh did. If thats the case, why bother having the US be a major in the first place?

Pack it up guys, I think I've solved superpowers: don't even bother defending yourself, it won't matter. Just go adventuring elsewhere.

I admittedly don't know if you signifcantly expanded your military this turn, but going off your army stats and the units I bought, the opposing forces were.

America: 2 marines, 5 inf, 1 arty, 3 fighters, 1 bomber, all regulars
Vs.
Mexico: 7 inf, 4 mech inf, 4 armour, 4 arty, 8 fighters, 3 strike fighters, land regular, air veteran

Despite being horribly out numbered, the American army and Air Force certainly did not do nothing, and managed to inflict some serious casualties. Again, unless you purchased a significant amount of units, there was no chance for the 1st, 3rd and Air Force to fight off a better trained force over twice their size.

Top Bottom