Resource icon

Cultural Diversity

Ok, thanks for the clarification.

Just started up a game as Byzantium, and my culture is Classical instead of Eastern.

I just downloaded the mod, so I'm using the most recent version of it.

Just thought I'd point out that there is a minor issue with the World Event popup for the Central European group, the name of the leader will be used instead of that of the City State in question ('City State of Frederick' etc.).

Awesome mod! Quick question: will it cause a crash if using a modded civ that isn't set up to use a culture group? Like will they just default to a random culture or will it break everything?

Awesome mod! Quick question: will it cause a crash if using a modded civ that isn't set up to use a culture group? Like will they just default to a random culture or will it break everything?

IIRC there's a default for each of the architecture styles.

I had an issue with Events and Decisions, specifically, while running this mod the civ specific decisions do not show up. Loading all mods except this one solves the issue. Should I load this mod, first, last, tweak some files or anything?

I had an issue with Events and Decisions, specifically, while running this mod the civ specific decisions do not show up. Loading all mods except this one solves the issue. Should I load this mod, first, last, tweak some files or anything?

This probably means that one of the modded civs you are using doesn't reference or support CulDiv correctly. If you are using any outdated civs that would be the root of the issue.

CulDiv updated to v5:
Core
  • Fixed an issue wherein Civilization entries in the Civilization_JFD_CultureTypes table could double up under certain conditions.
  • Fixed an issue wherein the Tribal American enlightenment splash screen did not work.
  • Added British sub group to Western ('JFD_WesternBritish'), thanks to sss64sss for the splash screens and music! The music is a mix of English folk and British patriotic. If only we could restrict tracks by era!
  • Added last new group, bringing the total number to a nice 25: Papal (used only by LastSword's Papal States, until I can update Pius). Papal group has some overlap in soundtrack with Southern (intentional), but there is generally quite a difference in tracks for the two.
  • Songhai will now use Islamic music, instead of West African.
  • You now gain an amount of Golden Age Points, instead of an outright Golden Age, when accepting the Mythical Beast event.
  • Fixed an few inconsistencies in the Event code.
  • Cities will now retain their native city-style, even when captured by a civilization of a different style (user settings to disable).
  • Declining the warrior in the Oriental event will now afford you some Golden Age Points instead of nothing.
Soundtrack
  • Added various new music thanks to sss64sss, Kesler, Sun Ce of Wu the Musician, and anyone else that has provided some new moosics (~144)*
  • Fixed a few incorrectly referenced tracks, mostly with Tribal American.
*Apparently, that makes it over 41 hrs of new music :eek:

And, of course, I am pleased to welcome sss64sss to the Knights of the Realm, for services to the Empire's music industry. And Sun Ce of Wu the Musician joins the Honourary Knights :D

I will look at splitting TA later - I didn't want to spend too much time on CulDiv, but did want to demonstrate that I appreciate all the music that has been gathered for it by getting it out now. So thank you, guys, for for African18 all your help :D

Recently played a game with this version, but hadn't changed the sountrack from when I downloaded v2. The music was completely silent all game, so do I need to download a new version of the soundtrack or just disable that mod altogether? Also, does this still work with the meso-american sountrack add-on?

I was playing the Moors and noticed I wasn't getting Arabic voiceovers, is that something that hasn't been added yet?

What are you aiming for in the future with this mod? I would totally like to see civilian units affected by the mod such as great people and workers. It's pretty lame to see the generic white worker unit when I'm playing an oriental or African nation. Is there compatibility with the enlightenment era mod by Poukai?

What are you aiming for in the future with this mod? I would totally like to see civilian units affected by the mod such as great people and workers. It's pretty lame to see the generic white worker unit when I'm playing an oriental or African nation. Is there compatibility with the enlightenment era mod by Poukai?

I don't know what JFD has in mind - he might have a way around this - but giving the worker unit cultural variations is tricky, since you can't have both era variation and culture variation at the same time for units. So if you use the normal method for unit culture variation, workers would appear as the specified model regardless of era, rather than change at the Industrial era like they do in the vanilla game. This would be true for units like Great People, as well.

(Incidentally, this is true for embarked graphics as well - if you play as Polynesia or Denmark, you will get outriggers or longboats respectively as your embarked graphics for the whole game. However, for some reason there's a Lua function that allows the embarked graphics to be changed for a player, which is what JFD uses to give each culture their own embarked graphics while allowing them to change depending on era in CulDiv.)

I'm using v6 and start with Korea. When I reload the game a second worker appears. This happens every time the game is reloaded. So I could get infinitive workers. CD is the only active mod.

I'm using v6 and start with Korea. When I reload the game a second worker appears. This happens every time the game is reloaded. So I could get infinitive workers. CD is the only active mod.

When using mods, NEVER reload starts or load saves in-game. It breaks Lua badly. I'd even go as far as saying that you should reboot the game if switching between modded games.

Yeah, but the exploit still exists even when I never load a saved game

And there's another oddity but only in combination with CBP. When the Aztecs or the Maya are in the game they will build the Pyramides in turn 11 :D

Top Bottom