CBP Events and Decisions Compatibility

I am under impression that this CTD's are no longer related to mod itself but CPU bottleneck. I say this, because I completed two games with v2 of this mod and I didn't have a single CTD, whereas my friend did, he also has low-budged CPU and LUA can put a CPU to limits, if LUA script has a lot of functions that are trigger during a runtime.

Have any of you who had CTD's, tried to use luajit, along with this mod ?

Oh wanted to ask :
What is the "comet" event supposed to do ?
I often have an event where the 3 choices make me lose 150 golden age points whatever the choice is, in the early eras (I think up to renaissance), of where I have 2 choices, each giving me 150 GAP if I'm in the latter eras.
Screenshot here :
Spoiler :
(Edited post, quoted here because it's in the previous page)

I think I'm using the last "full" version (maybe a more recent beta, but not the 20th+ February ones)

I am under impression that this CTD's are no longer related to mod itself but CPU bottleneck. I say this, because I completed to games with v2 of this mod and I didn't have a single CTD, whereas my friend did, he also has low-budged CPU and LUA can put a CPU to limits, if LUA script has a lot of functions that are trigger during a runtime.

Have any of you who had CTD's, tried to use luajit, along with this mod ?

I have an AMD FX 8350 processor, and have never used luajit before. I will try it, however, if you think it will help. Doesn't it have its own dll though? How do you use it with the cbp? Thanks for your help

Luajit is simply put optimizer, I don't want to get into technical details (you can find about what is JIT by googling ), which means it's not mod so it will work with anything, you have to extract it directly to game root directory.

Though pay attention to what version you are going to use. I would suggest this one, which was fairly recently re-complied and one that I use currently http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=541768, although there might be newer one and there are some very old versions, which are by all means outdated.

Oh wanted to ask :
What is the "comet" event supposed to do ?
I often have an event where the 3 choices make me loose 150 golden age points whatever the choice is, in the early eras (I think up to renaissance), of where I have 2 choices, each giving me 150 GAP if I'm in the latter eras.
Screenshot here :
Spoiler :
It's supposed to represent during the ancient times where unexplained objects would represent despair and an end to the world. However, as time begins to progresses and we begin to explain more of the unexplained, we begin to see the comet as a symbol of hope and prosperity.

Also, if the demand is large enough. I could create a E&D lightweight mod that includes only the essential civilization decisions and random events. (No religion, No general decisions)

Luajit is simply put optimizer, I don't want to get into technical details (you can find about what is JIT by googling ), which means it's not mod so it will work with anything, you have to extract it directly to game root directory.

Though pay attention to what version you are going to use. I would suggest this one, which was fairly recently re-complied and one that I use currently http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=541768, although there might be newer one and there are some very old versions, which are by all means outdated.

Hi, im having CTD sometimes when loading games, with or without E&D, so I wanted to give that luajit a try, but I cannot find the download link. Apparently the link is in the how to install thread but I cannot find the link in that thread anymore. Can you help?

Comet Event
It's supposed to represent during the ancient times where unexplained objects would represent despair and an end to the world. However, as time begins to progresses and we begin to explain more of the unexplained, we begin to see the comet as a symbol of hope and prosperity.
I think the choices should be different anyway, to give the occasion to make a decision.

The "Omen" line could make you loose faith (when you have at least a pantheon) : the comet is interpreted as a sign of a prophet but none appear : people loose faith.
The "end in near" line is cool with GP loss, I think.
Maybe we could choose to lose pop from the capital, showing people fleeing in fear ?

Hi, im having CTD sometimes when loading games, with or without E&D, so I wanted to give that luajit a try, but I cannot find the download link. Apparently the link is in the how to install thread but I cannot find the link in that thread anymore. Can you help?

So far Luajit has been working for me. I got it from here http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=470659

Thanks for the tip Senteliks!

Hey guys,

First of all, thanks for the effort put into making decision-event mod balanced with the community patch project. Now to business, I have enabled the latest 3.0 Alpha version of the mod and while playing as Rome and later as Spain, I enacted both of their new special decisions that should have allowed me to train their special units. However, while I received 3 free tercios as Spain the unit was not available for training, the only thing that I could train were regular musketmen. Later, I tried Rome's new decision and while I received the 25% production bonus towards siege, I could not train ballistae, I had both the tech and the iron to do so but the unit Icon never appeared.

Im using the latest beta of the community patch with all its recommended components, plus the music changer mod, quick turns and cultural diversity mod.

Any ideas on how to solve this problem?
also if I may, Spain's Columbus decision is fairly expensive for what you receive in return, I would suggest making it 3 caravels (historically accurate) plus 3 conquistadors to help them settle new overseas colonies.

Have a great night

DonJavi:king:

Hey guys,

First of all, thanks for the effort put into making decision-event mod balanced with the community patch project. Now to business, I have enabled the latest 3.0 Alpha version of the mod and while playing as Rome and later as Spain, I enacted both of their new special decisions that should have allowed me to train their special units. However, while I received 3 free tercios as Spain the unit was not available for training, the only thing that I could train were regular musketmen. Later, I tried Rome's new decision and while I received the 25% production bonus towards siege, I could not train ballistae, I had both the tech and the iron to do so but the unit Icon never appeared.

Im using the latest beta of the community patch with all its recommended components, plus the music changer mod, quick turns and cultural diversity mod.

Any ideas on how to solve this problem?
also if I may, Spain's Columbus decision is fairly expensive for what you receive in return, I would suggest making it 3 caravels (historically accurate) plus 3 conquistadors to help them settle new overseas colonies.

Have a great night

DonJavi:king:

Tercios and Ballistae are no longer UUs for Rome and Spain in CBP.

Tercios and Ballistae are no longer UUs for Rome and Spain in CBP.

But in E&D, they are unlockable via enacted decisions. However it seems the beta update seems to have broken it somehow. I'll get on version 4 right away for the hotfix.

But in E&D, they are unlockable via enacted decisions. However it seems the beta update seems to have broken it somehow. I'll get on version 4 right away for the hotfix.

Ahh, ok. Nifty. I'm just now downloading this to give it a rest run. Thanks for working on it. =) I'll be sure to give any feedback I have that's worthwhile.

Hi, I'm just wondering something, is there a difference to JFD's mods if I use this one rather than the original version?

• All unique units are trainable now via their enactable decisions!
  • Fund Columbus is now renamed to Fund Pizarro where instead of 2 caravels and a great admiral, it provides 3 conquistadors and a great general.
Link (v 4)

Someone please give the author of this mod a bl oody medal! So efficient in resolving issues with mod compatibility and open to the community's suggestions. I will continue to test v.4 and will report with any bugs.

Again thanks again!!!!

:goodjob::goodjob::goodjob::goodjob::goodjob:

I played a game until about turn 150 as Arabia, and got in turns until my rabbits chewed through my power cable. (oy.)

My only comment is that sometimes decisions are laughably not worth enacting. I can't access the file because it's on my laptop, and the bunnies have rendered that inaccessible for a while, but I specifically remember the Islamic / Arabic "Go On a Hajj" (or something like that) decision being never worth taking, even after my religion was in all of my cities. The rewards were always something like 1/10th of a turn worth of culture and 2-3 turns worth of faith.

I'm not sure what a magistrate should be worth, but when its compared to longer golden ages and stuff, well, the Hajj can wait. =)

I played a game until about turn 150 as Arabia, and got in turns until my rabbits chewed through my power cable. (oy.)

My only comment is that sometimes decisions are laughably not worth enacting. I can't access the file because it's on my laptop, and the bunnies have rendered that inaccessible for a while, but I specifically remember the Islamic / Arabic "Go On a Hajj" (or something like that) decision being never worth taking, even after my religion was in all of my cities. The rewards were always something like 1/10th of a turn worth of culture and 2-3 turns worth of faith.

I'm not sure what a magistrate should be worth, but when its compared to longer golden ages and stuff, well, the Hajj can wait. =)

Yeah, it's one of the religious decision that I'm afraid of actually buffing because it could insta finish a wonder/tech/policy if I did so. I'll do it in the hotfix of having a minor buff to it. (Don't get mad if the AIs finished a wonder instantly fast or steal your enhancement beliefs with it!)

Hi, I'm just wondering something, is there a difference to JFD's mods if I use this one rather than the original version?

I'm also wondering if JFD's mods would recognize this compatibility mod since the (referenced) IDs are different.

Top Bottom