New Beta Version - April 9th (4/9)

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a non-EUI user, I'm getting this issue as well. Logs say this:

Spoiler :
Runtime Error: C:\Users\MyComp\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\(2) Community Balance Patch\Modular Elements\Corporations\CorporationsOverview.lua:177: bad argument #2 to '?' (Key must be of type 'number' or 'string'.)
[26462.933] Runtime Error: Error loading C:\Users\MyComp\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\(2) Community Balance Patch\Modular Elements\Corporations\CorporationsOverview.lua.

Can give full logs file in case there is something I missed.

Thank you for all your work! :)

Using JFD's mods? His corp causes this.

G

I've been getting 'move your troops away or else' complaints from civs the turn I liberate one of their cities. Shouldn't there be a 1 or 2 turn cool down after liberation before they can do that? I literally didn't have a chance to move my troops from their borders before they started whining.

Bug Report,

Playing As Denmark, got almost all wonders available, yet the interface clearly states that I have 0 wonders, and does the same when I look at the AI when they have clearly gotten a few. I am using the CP latest version and the following mods: Culture and diversity+ soundtrack, quick turns, and music changer. My screenshot was lost, sorry about that

Best,

Bug Report,

Playing As Denmark, got almost all wonders available, yet the interface clearly states that I have 0 wonders, and does the same when I look at the AI when they have clearly gotten a few. I am using the CP latest version and the following mods: Culture and diversity+ soundtrack, quick turns, and music changer. My screenshot was lost, sorry about that

Best,

Make sure you are on 4/10 hotfix for CP.

G

Playing the latest Beta full install with EUI, redownloaded today from this thread to give another chance.
Three games in a row I get a game-ending CTD around turn 124-126. Once I got past that but again a game-ending CTD around turn 200...Since I like only playing marathon-epic...this is barely the start of the game ...

This game it crashes everytime at Player 7 turn.

Please if someone can see what's causing this...I belive it has to do with events, I might just go back to the latest official release that had no events included to play a full game :(

I'm using several small mods from the list of the fully compatible mods
Spoiler :

And these are logs archive

And the savegame to see it always crashes on turn 126 in this game.

I've played with this list of mods with the latest oficial release of CPP and I got to around turn 500~ with no issues.. only with the betas I get constant crashes :(

What is that hotfix and where do I get it ? I've downloaded the beta again from this thread several hours ago, I can't find any link for this hotfix.

EDIT: here archive with my mods folder (~1mb) without the CPP install that is too big .

A city state that was controlled by barbarians just fired at my spearman from 3 tiles away. I'm assuming that's a bug?

The positive city-event with fishermen suggesting an investition could use some balancing...the payments feel a bit harsh for what you get, especially the 800 Gold for a lighthouse (you can speed it up for 300 without the event...)

Hey G, just out of curiosity - with the full CPP, what's the 'slow step' when calculating AI turns? Unit movement decisions? Diplomacy calculations?

This is why I always play with Quick Turns. It takes just as long to calculate where the units are going but at least I don't have to wait for animations for units I can't even see to play.

Don't believe units that you can't see play any animations. That wouldn't be very efficient and would drag games on.

Case in point: Watch a game of AI play as the observer vs. playing one yourself. Even the early game turns drag.

This is why I always play with Quick Turns. It takes just as long to calculate where the units are going but at least I don't have to wait for animations for units I can't even see to play.

Animations don't fire for unseen units anyways. Pathfinder does affect all units, whether or not they're seen (and quick movement doesn't change this).

G

Well, as I suspected..I went back to the latest oficial release ,the 0.72 I believe and I'm now on turn 250 ..using the exact same mods ,on a large map with 20 civs and not a single crash so far.
Hope the new version with the events gets more stable in the near future :)

Started another game, this time as France. I noticed Paris, which is located inland next to a lake, is able to build Cargo Ships.
Methinks this a bug!

Started another game, this time as France. I noticed Paris, which is located inland next to a lake, is able to build Cargo Ships.
Methinks this a bug!

Does any sort of fort connection let it reach another city?

Using 4-9, saw some weird behavior with the Bran pantheon of the Celts:
- Didn't receive the 25% growth.
- Ranged combat strength of cities worked.
- Was receiving a large amount (relative to the point in the game) of culture in the capital for a while before I found a religion and the tooptip clearly stated it was "from religion". Note that this was 14 culture on turn 50 at one point, almost God of All Creation levels.

Also not sure if a bug or not-when I founded my religion my UA stopped giving me +3 faith from cities with my pantheon and only gave it to cities with my religion.

I'm on the latest beta with the hotfix, and I'm getting a CTD. I played through a full game of the previous beta version and I didn't get this once.

lua.log

Spoiler :
[160752.493] Initializing Lua 5.1.4

database.log

Spoiler :
[160763.991] columns StrategicViewType, TileType are not unique
[160763.991] While executing - 'INSERT INTO ArtDefine_StrategicView(StrategicViewType, TileType, Asset) VALUES(?,?,?)'
[160812.133] no such table: ContentPackage.LocalizedText
[160814.395] no such table: ContentPackage.LocalizedText
[160819.667] columns StrategicViewType, TileType are not unique
[160819.667] While executing - 'INSERT INTO ArtDefine_StrategicView(StrategicViewType, TileType, Asset) VALUES(?,?,?)'
[160821.555] no such table: ContentPackage.LocalizedText
[160821.571] no such table: ContentPackage.LocalizedText
[160821.571] no such table: ContentPackage.LocalizedText
[160832.818]
-- SQLite Memory Statistics --
Memory Usage:
[Cur] [Max]
Malloc: 6910904 83001264
PageCache: 7 13
LookAside: 0 0
Scratch: 0 1

Static Buffer Overflows: