More Civilisations

First of all, great work on the Greece split! Really looking forward to playing!

As launch of Civ6 is coming nearer, is it still your intention to update some of the older civs?

Believe earlier bugreports have made it to the fixlist (e.g. Ayyubid (E&D support), Nubia (Royal Pyramid fix), Buccaneers (Rum Distillery)), but do you think you can get around to those before attention turns to Civ6? Would really be a shame if some civs remain less playable, with the great designs they have...

Happy to provide buglist again if needed!

I don't recall any bug with the Rum Distillery but I do know that when I built the Royal Pyramid it turned into a monument, I think. Anyway, I think most modders will simply finish up some mods before release so they can spend some time playing and test modding Civ VI.

Computer Graphics go apehorsehocky with the Rum Distillery, you had to have certain graphics on for that to happen though.

How goes updating the Celts? I'm curious to see who ends up with the Celt's icon.

How goes updating the Celts? I'm curious to see who ends up with the Celt's icon.

It's adaptation of Hiram's. And I'd most certainly prefer if they use that mod's colors, mainly Wales and Cornwall because they fit with the flag/emblem respectively.

I'd presume the Celtic Split (if indeed it is updated for Civ V) will have slightly different civs to Hiram's release. JFD has mentioned wanting to do Boru's Ireland in the past, and I doubt More Civs is interested in doing their own version. I'd presume a merged Picts, Wales, Cornwall and whatever civ Bouddicca ends up leading will be there though - possibly with the Bretons or whatever to round it out.

Of course, that raises the question of what would be done with the UB icon, as it's Irish in nature.

I'd presume the Celtic Split (if indeed it is updated for Civ V) will have slightly different civs to Hiram's release. JFD has mentioned wanting to do Boru's Ireland in the past, and I doubt More Civs is interested in doing their own version. I'd presume a merged Picts, Wales, Cornwall and whatever civ Bouddicca ends up leading will be there though - possibly with the Bretons or whatever to round it out.

Of course, that raises the question of what would be done with the UB icon, as it's Irish in nature.

Boudicca was Queen of the Iceni like in the map.

PETRA FOR EVERYONE!​

The Nabataeans were an Arab people who inhabited northern Arabia and the Southern Levant, and whose settlements, most prominently Petra, are famed throughout the world.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Subscribe| Download

A couple of notes:

Since Petra is a city, the Petra wonder in the game has been renamed Al-Kasneh, the Treasury. Al-Kasneh is that structure you see in all the "Petra" icons and wonder models. The actual city is much bigger with hundred of tombs, temples and structures. This is purely a flavor change, no gameplay effects.

The Zabonah discovers cities faster. What this mean is cities within fog of war are revealed before they normally would be. Any city in fog of war that enters a Zabonah's vision range + 2 triggers its ability, revealing the city and granting you a little bit of gold.

The cost of increasing food yields starts at 50 and gets higher over time. The UA should make desert cities much more viable, allowing you to use gold to jump start a city's growth without fertile farms. Alternatively, use the UA to de-emphasize food and focus on other things, like gold.

Whew! that was a lot of text :p

Wow. bugged Pergamon is amazing. I have double the culture and points of the second place civ (should I finally change the difficulty level? Of course not) and my capital is huge.
I found a few bugs though:

1. I got a sepoy as a gift from a city state, and it had 2 strength. I believe I was using the latest India split version, but I'm not 100% sure...
2. Pergamon's UA seems to be unlimited. I am getting a 70% culture modifier in my capital (from wonders), while the UA's description says it is limited to 50%.
3. As was already mentioned, Pergamon's altar decision could be enacted infinite times with no effect (it does consume magistrates though :p).

(BTW Nabatae's artwork looks amazing)

The fix for Pergamon's decision can be found on an earlier page, I believe. As for the UA, can you check if it goes over 100? If so, the dummy might just have the wrong yield.

[EDIT] 1000 posts; only 10,000 odd short of the people on the OT subforum...

Thanks for the updated Nabatea!

Top Bottom