America: Home of the Brave

Congressman Marcus Ige of Hawaii is horrified by these demonstrations by the suffragists. I disagree with the members of my party that say we are discriminating against women. Women's suffrage is a movement gone too far.

The Gallant Gazette

THE SUFFERING SUFFRAGETTE

For years the nation has been dealing with increasingly absurd occurrences. Aggressive northern wars, destroying cities for the sake of order, English kings pretending to be Dutch kings, and Penal Presidents. As if all that wasn't bad enough now women are demanding the right to vote.

At a local suffrage rally an anonymous male was quoted as saying: "[these] suffragettes need to get back in the kitchen" Before going off onto a tangent involving sandwiches and his lack of them.

The Suffrage movement seems to have an opposite opinion. They have stated that although they adore men individually they feel that as group they are: "rather stupid"

OOC:
That sir, is beautiful... simply beautiful (and hilarious). Now, if you'll excuse me I'm going to send a link to that to my boss.

OOC: There's also this, but it wasn't relevant.

Spoiler :

Edit: Not sure if you're talking to clanky or myself, but regardless it's there.

I was talking to both of you, I'm just sending yours (CK) to my boss (the one in charge of my division who is technically my superior, not the one I actually take orders from) because he's a chauvinistic ******* and that video will probably rile him up. It shouldn't have any effect on any internal politics, unless he does something stupid as a result (which I could turn into an advantage if I do a few other things) so I'll let hilarity play its game.

Oh jeez :lol: Just don't let me be the reason you get fired :D

Don't worry, if I get fired it will be for something much larger than that.

It doesn't actually matter, I have to answer to him as my division head, but I take my orders from his boss. My firm's entire existence is to lay and maintain groundwork for deals to be made. My division deals with the non-judicial aspects of partisan concerns, basically any time one of the parties to a deal has a concern or issue with something that doesn't relate to the law (courts) my division deals with it. However, I get to be (sort of) special because I deal with non-standard concerns (liaising between companies (60-70% of my job, it's not entirely non-standard but I do the non-standard variety of it), resolving problems with corrupt officials, data and people being held hostage, etc.) so I deal a lot with the upper echelons of the company. If my (division head) boss wants to fire me he technically can, but I'd just be hired by a different division (and he knows that) so unless I really screw something up my job is pretty safe.

I'm glad just about everything is cooling down for the summer. I actually have more time to play and write about stuff!

But come the 18th of this month band camp starts. Well, technically not until the 22nd, but the 18th is squad leader training.

Don't worry, if I get fired it will be for something much larger than that.

It doesn't actually matter, I have to answer to him as my division head, but I take my orders from his boss. My firm's entire existence is to lay and maintain groundwork for deals to be made. My division deals with the non-judicial aspects of partisan concerns, basically any time one of the parties to a deal has a concern or issue with something that doesn't relate to the law (courts) my division deals with it. However, I get to be (sort of) special because I deal with non-standard concerns (liaising between companies (60-70% of my job, it's not entirely non-standard but I do the non-standard variety of it), resolving problems with corrupt officials, data and people being held hostage, etc.) so I deal a lot with the upper echelons of the company. If my (division head) boss wants to fire me he technically can, but I'd just be hired by a different division (and he knows that) so unless I really screw something up my job is pretty safe.

Being that most of us are teenagers, you are seemingly the most important member of this forum if your job is as impressive as you say it is. :lol:

It's a lot of stress, long hours (not all of them billable) and my work environment is probably best described as hostile. A lot of my job is, "Here's a problem, solve it." it can be fun, but a ton of what I do is go where I'm told, meet with a whole bunch of people, build relationships, use them to accomplish some (usually fairly specific) goal, rinse and repeat. In my firm I'm decently important (slightly above midlevel) but my firm isn't all that important (there are others that do what we do and some of the larger firms that clients have on hand (we're usually hired by firms on behalf of their clients to deal with their issues) probably do this and the rest of the work as well.

A good analogy of my firm's work would building a neighbourhood/house in a marsh. My firms job would be to get rid of all the sludge or find a way to hold it back so that other firms can build the house, make it pretty, etc. The guys building the house might also be able to get rid of/hold back the sludge, or they might call us. In this analogy I'd be the one who puts on scuba gear to install a pump or check a temporary cofferdam.

Debs Awakens!

President Eugene V. Debs, having fallen asleep for an entire month on his desk woke up from his very long slumber today.

"What year is it? Has Ronald Reagan been born yet?" were his first words he said.

No one quite knows who Ronald Reagan is.

Most were about to say that Debs had died, but his staff left him there because they thought he looked quite funny with the way he was asleep.

Spoiler :
Band camp is done! Finally get to work on this story again

I would like to introduce myself, the newly elected junior congressman from the great state of Missouri.

My name is Hermann Osterhaus. My family settled in the Mississippi River valley in the 19th Century with the hope of a better life. But years of corruption have taken the toll on myself and the entire state of Missouri. I mourn the loss of Roosevelt as our great leader, and hope to see again his kind lead America.

I was elected in Missouri as a Democratic-Republican, and hope to ensure our great nation takes its rightful place in the world.

To that end, I propose the following bill:

Bill: Sunshine on America Act

Proposer: Hermann Osterhouse (DR-MO)

Details:

Whereas, our Congress cannot make decisions about taking our great nation into the next century without more complete information, the following steps must be taken:

(1) To have the President publish to the Congress maps showing our country, with emphasis on the location of military forces and international borders.

(2) To have the President publish overview maps to Congress of other world regions, with emphasis on areas of possible expansion, including South America and the far east

(3) To have the President report to the Congress on international trade deals of vital resources.

Spoiler :
OOC: I just caught up with this thread and it is amazing. I hope this story continues!

Congressman Marcus Ige of Hawaii votes Yea on the Sunshine on America Act.

Sunshine on America Act

Yea: 2

Nay: 0

However, despite only having just started to come to a vote, President Debs stated that he shall do as the bill asks without it having to be put through Congress.

Spoiler :
I'm actually about to start the next update as I write this :lol:

President Debs Releases Maps!

President Eugene V. Debs released a large number of trade operations and world maps to both the press and the Congress today. He has included our resources inside of the domestic maps.

Spoiler :

Domestic

Spoiler :

West and Rockies

Spoiler :

Midwest, Great Plains, and South

Spoiler :

East, Northeast, and North

Spoiler :

Alaska

Spoiler :

Hawaii

Spoiler :

South Africa

Spoiler :

Foreign

Spoiler :

Mexico, Central America, and the Caribbean

Spoiler :

North South America

Spoiler :

South South America

Spoiler :

The Far East

Spoiler :

Indonesia, Southeast Asia, and the Philippines

Spoiler :

Australia

Spoiler :

South Africa

Spoiler :

Europe

Spoiler :

Canada

Spoiler :

Trade

Spoiler :

Part 1

Spoiler :

Part 2

Spoiler :

Part 3

Spoiler :

Spoiler :
Did my own post for this bc 20 pic per post limit and this is 18

The Calm Before the Storm

The United States had been in a very prolonged period of piece after the finished war with Canada during President Theodore Roosevelt's terms. Many of the cities had begun to start building miscellaneous buildings, but President Debs had urged many of America's largest cities to reconsider building more battalions of troops to send further north near Newfoundland and Labrador. Many of the cities followed suit with President Debs's advice, but some continued to build Stables and whatnot. More cities continued to train Cavalry and Cannons, along with a few Machine Guns and Minutemen.

It is said President Debs is considering declaring war on Great Britain to reclaim Newfoundland and Labrador, specifically the city of St. John's. The city is not said to have much strategic advantage, but Debs told the press during a press conference that the United States should not and will not rest until the European powers have been pushed off of the American mainland. He also clarified that that indeed did include North and South America. It is not said what Debs is planning for the South American colonies, but one would assume he plans to eventually offer military support to reclaim them.

It is not known how strong the fortifications of St. John's are, but Debs said he trusts the strength of the large number of troops he has on the border with Britain.

A local artist in the Thunder Bay region of Canada is gaining some public notoriety after the public had begun to notice the sculptures he had made during the winter from the bay nearby. The artist didn't want to have his name known, for some odd reason, but he said that it wasn't about the fame, but about the lasting impact. No one quite knew how he would have lasting impact if people didn't know who made the art, but we weren't going to question him.

One of the sculptures he had made is pictured here, titled Unknown Woman

The S. S. Van Buren had finally reached the shore of Western Australia after long years of sailing across the Atlantic and Indian Ocean. By the time the Settlers and other crew had gotten onshore, they did not quite know how to react with stable footing. Many of them were said to have thrown up the first few days, but eventually they figured out how normal life is supposed to work.

A very large controversy is starting to emerge from the newly created state of Western Austraila, along with South Africa, however. It is said that many voters (most notably in the Perth area) are being turned away or having their votes thrown out after trying to vote in municipal elections. A similar story came from South Africa during the 1912 Election; South Africans said that they were being denied the right to vote and no candidate was given electoral votes from their state.

When pursued by reporters and asked why, both many members of Congress and President Debs could not quite give an explanation why. They both said that they "knew nothing of this happening" and moved on. Protests in the South most notably, often led by Unitarian voters, are saying these citizens are being denied the right to vote due to their ethnicity and class.

Not only is President Debs sending troops to the American border with Britain, but to our southern border with Mexico as well. President Debs again replies he know nothing of the troops gathering down south near Albuquerque, however most members of Congress tell reporters that they are confused by Debs saying this. Most notably, the senior Congressman from Hawaii, Marcus Ige, told the reporters, "President Debs told Congress that we should form more battalions of troops and send them to the Mexican border! He said some divisions near California and some near Texas. I don't quite know if he is lying or trying to evade something, but this know nothing facade is quite bothersome."

The battalion gathering near the Mexican border is quite small, but is expected to grow in the coming years. The public is questioning President Debs's actions; does he want to go to war with Mexico along with war with Britain? Is he crazy? How could we fend off the other major military in North America whilst also fending off the British colonial forces? It is said that many do not think that Debs should consider seeking a second term after his first ends.

Despite having a President who denies any and all allegations and questions from the press and public, the United States is as strong as it had ever been. Most of the other nations of the world had become quite unstable and shaky, while the United States was having quite the hayday. The economy was soaring, business was booming, culture was great, building were built, troops were trained... It is said that the economy is growing very rapidly, and Wall Street was busier than it had ever been.

However the year of 1920 sent a shockwave through the American public when President Debs was found dead in his home during a cold January morning. When the Vice President was asked during a press conference to discuss Debs's death, it is said he had died of a clot in the lungs, heart, and brain. Many attribute it to his recent forgetfulness and having seemed to often be lost and confused. No one quite knew what happened with President Debs, but his Vice President said that he would not seek election in this year of 1920.

The Unitarian Party is facing an uphill battle this cycle considering the popularity of former president Roosevelt and the unpopularity of former president Debs.​

Congressman Marcus Ige of Hawaii suggests the nomination of James M. Cox for president and Franklin Delano Roosevelt for vice president in the 1920 election.

Congressman Wilson seconds the nomination of James M. Cox for president and Franklin Delano Roosevelt for vice president.

Congressman Osterhaus nominates Warren G. Harding for President and Calvin Coolidge for Vice-President.

Election of 1920

One day before the election, Congressman Marcus Ige of Hawaii had died of a stroke

Unitarian Party

James M. Cox/Franklin Delano Roosevelt

Democratic-Republican Party

Warren G. Harding/Calvin Coolidge

Cox: 254 (Quebec and Ontario)

Harding: 284 (East Canada)

The Election of 1920 was one of the most hotly contested elections in recent history. Both Cox and Harding were from the state of Ohio, creating a hotly contested battle there, with Harding prevailing in the end.

What used to be the reliably Unitarian south turned deep red for the Democratic-Republican party after the recent protests for voting rights in the South African and Australian states. The news reported a number of votes coming from both states, but outcries from local populations stated that no one was able to vote, and that the results were a lie. President-elect Warren Harding told the public that he would have no worry of the protesters in the area, and that he would enforce rules for voting. President-elect Harding told the public that he would enforce an executive action to enforce ID laws in multiple states to protect the sanctity of voting and enforced a new law that stated that a citizen must have been a citizen of the United States for at least 10 years to be able to vote.

This led to a huge response from Unitarian voters, which called Harding's new rules "authoritarian" and "voter disenfranchisement." Because of these new rules, many new protests occurred within the Deep South, Australia, and South Africa, where the new rules took the most effect. What used to be traditionally more Unitarian areas became more Democratic-Republican, and what used to be Democratic-Republican became more Unitarian.

After the term of odd President Debs, it would have been a stretch to imagine the country electing another Unitarian, but the ticket of Cox and Roosevelt seemed to have done better than expected. Perhaps it was the Roosevelt name on the ticket, or perhaps voters don't follow party lines and research each election. No one knows for sure, but Harding doesn't seem to be complaining. President-elect Harding promised the public that he would put forth a bill to the Congress to declare war on Great Britain to take the city of St. John's.

James Cox was the first presidential nominee to have officially conceded the race to his opponent. He did so in a public address in Columbus, Ohio earlier this month.

"As I have always said, the United States will always be the greatest country on Earth. I am of course disappointed I did not win, but the country chose a different path than the one I fought for. I congratulate Mr. Harding on his victory, and hope he continues to take America down a brighter path."

President-elect Harding said to expect many bills to be put to vote in the Congress in the next coming months.​

Top Bottom