Events Compendium (Obsolete)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, September isn't reasonable. It was too good. So is this mod, though it seems to cause a few bugs:

1. The icon for the events overview is missing.(a red square appears instead of it)
2. I had an event which adds resistance sentiment pop up 4 times, and I'm not even at turn 100 yet. Pretty sure there's an incorrect value somewhere in the code... Or somethin' :p

1. That has been chronicled many times, and it usually works with the JFDDLC. Regardless, it's entirely inconsequential.

2. Chain events are seemingly broke atm - maybe the new CP will fix it.

But it was precisely the same event... Same texts, same effects each time.

I believe it had to do with a criminal being hanged...

Overview
The Events Compendium is a collection of events designed around Gazebo's Community Patch events system. It is, first and foremost, a translation of all events previously created for Sukritact's Events & Decisions into this new system, but also includes a plethora of additional events. Naturally, you will only receive as many events for as many of my mod components/civilizations are active.

So how does this exactly work? Sorry if this has already been asked.

An update to the Community Patch added CP:Events. These are events that will occur during the game, similar to events from Paradox games and Sukritact's Events. The difference here is that Sukri's events are written in Lua and are complex and time-consuming. Since the CP is a DLL mod, G has been able to integrate them into the game engine, allowing the events to be written in SQL. CP:E are also less impactful on performance and are less likely to cause CTDs.

Jifford has better things to do than write E&D events also something something denbts, and so from now on he will be supporting CP:E instead. The easiest way to do this is release a separate mod that will include these events. This means that enabling this mod will cause events to occur for ExCE, CID, RTP and CulDiv, as well as JFD's more recent civs, when those mods are enabled. In addition, because CP:E's default roster is pretty boring, many of Sukri's events have also been ported over. So if you are using the JFDDLC or JFD's newer civs and you want unique events, then you use this mod.

Decisions are still handled with Sukri's mod, and the E&D events can be disabled in the settings file.

An update to the Community Patch added CP:Events. These are events that will occur during the game, similar to events from Paradox games and Sukritact's Events. The difference here is that Sukri's events are written in Lua and are complex and time-consuming. Since the CP is a DLL mod, G has been able to integrate them into the game engine, allowing the events to be written in SQL. CP:E are also less impactful on performance and are less likely to cause CTDs.

Jifford has better things to do than write E&D events also something something denbts, and so from now on he will be supporting CP:E instead. The easiest way to do this is release a separate mod that will include these events. This means that enabling this mod will cause events to occur for ExCE, CID, RTP and CulDiv, as well as JFD's more recent civs, when those mods are enabled. In addition, because CP:E's default roster is pretty boring, many of Sukri's events have also been ported over. So if you are using the JFDDLC or JFD's newer civs and you want unique events, then you use this mod.

Decisions are still handled with Sukri's mod, and the E&D events can be disabled in the settings file.

That make much more sense, thanks man!

v4:
  • Fixed an issue whereby "Sending the Guard" did not require a garrison but "Mere Rumours" did, for the Beast Stalks the City event.
  • Fixed lua issues relating to not using RTP/CID/CulDiv, etc., and other Lua issues.

I'm having a weird experience with v4. Its hanging loading this mod (only this mod) on the mod screen, eventually CTD'ing Civ. When I try to manually unzip the .civmod, it also just hangs. Anyone else experiencing similar?

I'm having a weird experience with v4. Its hanging loading this mod (only this mod) on the mod screen, eventually CTD'ing Civ. When I try to manually unzip the .civmod, it also just hangs. Anyone else experiencing similar?

Yep I'm having the same problem, getting a CTD when trying to install the mod (v4) :(

Database and Stopwatch logs.

If thats directed to me, sadly I don't know what those are or how to get them :( This is the first mod I've decided to get, well along with the community patch and JFDs other mods (CiD, Piety and ExCE), so sorry for being a nub - this is day 1 of the mod experience for me! :rolleyes: :blush:

It's directed at either of you; instructions here

I use VoxPops and thought I'd add this to add more variety and options to the existing Community Events.

It works, however, I'm getting Events that relate to I presume other JFD mods that I do not have installed. I'm getting things relating to Resistance or being called the Fair, the Fortunate etc.
Whilst none of these things cause any issues and are easily picked without any problems, I thought it might be a better method if mod-specific events only fired if that mod was loaded.
I do not know how coding works, and not sure if you can make certain events have mod-specific pre-reqs, but I thought it would be useful and give the mods more polished feel.

The Beast stalking the city (?) event causes a wolf to howl sound effect. I really like the sound effects that you have added, but this particular one sets my yappy :) :) :) :):) :) :) :):) :) :) :):) :) :) :) of a Yorkie to go wild. Is there anyway to disable that particular sound effect?

As for sound effects, I've had the CulDiv Soundtrack file in my system for awhile now but only just recently realised it needed to be unzipped. I have done this and played two games, and the soundtrack is amazing. Really great job.

I use VoxPops and thought I'd add this to add more variety and options to the existing Community Events.

It works, however, I'm getting Events that relate to I presume other JFD mods that I do not have installed. I'm getting things relating to Resistance or being called the Fair, the Fortunate etc.
Whilst none of these things cause any issues and are easily picked without any problems, I thought it might be a better method if mod-specific events only fired if that mod was loaded.
I do not know how coding works, and not sure if you can make certain events have mod-specific pre-reqs, but I thought it would be useful and give the mods more polished feel.

The Beast stalking the city (?) event causes a wolf to howl sound effect. I really like the sound effects that you have added, but this particular one sets my yappy :) :) :) :):) :) :) :):) :) :) :):) :) :) :) of a Yorkie to go wild. Is there anyway to disable that particular sound effect?

As for sound effects, I've had the CulDiv Soundtrack file in my system for awhile now but only just recently realised it needed to be unzipped. I have done this and played two games, and the soundtrack is amazing. Really great job.

Yeah - atm the EC seems to require the whole JFDDLC to avoid problems like yours. Tbh I don't know why the events haven't been set up to only be required if the UserSetting is enabled - unless this is an oversight :/

If you're really having trouble with the dog, you can always go into the files and remove the sound from the Event's entry. You might even get away with just deleting the sound file.

Yeah - atm the EC seems to require the whole JFDDLC to avoid problems like yours. Tbh I don't know why the events haven't been set up to only be required if the UserSetting is enabled - unless this is an oversight :/

If you're really having trouble with the dog, you can always go into the files and remove the sound from the Event's entry. You might even get away with just deleting the sound file.

Thanks Chrisy, always a great help.

me too having a similar problem.although in my case it happens in v3 as well,tried to redownload v3 and v4 same result.

Database and Stopwatch logs.

i'm using VP with no EUI
sukritakts E&D with events disabled
CiD(health and Plague,is included in this i believe,not seprate H&P)
Events Comnpendium v2 works good for me.
i cant provide a screenshot as it crashes to desktop too fast,but,i can tell a green loading bar which shows the progress of installing mods with in centre numbers X/Y.it crashes on 169/197,on both v3 and v4.

Attachments

• Logs.rar
    2.1 KB · Views: 151
Hopefully you can add more events up complement the recent overhauls on CID and RTP.

It seems I am constantly having Jaguar Spotted event. Is there a way to reduce the events frequency?

I'm hearing this "Grrrrrr" every 5 or so turns. Is this how it should work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom