C3C Frequently Asked Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, so it's a problem that affects only my version... curious. Thanks for checking it out. Oh well, in the games I play these days I rarely have enough cash to upgrade multiple units anyway :o

Originally posted by lbhhh

There are no significant changes to the combat system. The changes discussed in other threads where hypothetical changes that might have been added in a patch but were dropped. Buy Conquests, it really worth it.

Thanks.

Since patch v1.02 doesn't change the version number of C3C (it remains 1.00), how can I know that the patch has been properly installed? For one thing, I think it hasn't because I can't find anywhere anything related to a world seed value.

Originally posted by Arvedui
Since patch v1.02 doesn't change the version number of C3C (it remains 1.00), how can I know that the patch has been properly installed? For one thing, I think it hasn't because I can't find anywhere anything related to a world seed value.

The world seed value is for the beta patch due out sometime this week.

I apologize if this was asked somewhere in this thread; I've read some but not all pages of it. I also tried a search, and it didn't work; is the search function on this board working?

Anyway, I haven't played Civ 3 for about 6-9 months, so I apologize if my questions are clueless. They are:

1. What exactly distinguishes the Sid level from the Deity level? And what distinguishes Demigod from Deity? As I recall, every new citizen in Deity is unhappy; is this somehow worse in Sid? Or does Sid just confer further production and tech advantages on the AI?

2. Is the standard strategy for beating Deity and above still tech-brokering and early aggression? I'm a builder at heart; I never loved being required to make war on turn 20 or so. If one must fight early to win, should one hope to provoke the AI to avoid a reputation hit, or is the standard tactic just to declare war?

Domination Win Question:

Do you have to have double the population of an other civ to get a Domination win?

I recently played a game where I was at 69% land area after eliminating all other opponents, but my last opponent had about 40% of the population. About the time I convinced myself I had to go to war because I had disabled Domination Win. I finally grew my conquered cities to the point where I had 66% population.

I'm pretty sure I've won domination with less than 66% population, but that may have been when I had 2 or 3 opponents left.

Is the rule 66% both Population and Land Area? Or 66% of one and double nearest opponent?

Originally posted by tigerden27
Domination Win Question:

Do you have to have double the population of an other civ to get a Domination win?

I recently played a game where I was at 69% land area after eliminating all other opponents, but my last opponent had about 40% of the population. About the time I convinced myself I had to go to war because I had disabled Domination Win. I finally grew my conquered cities to the point where I had 66% population.

I'm pretty sure I've won domination with less than 66% population, but that may have been when I had 2 or 3 opponents left.

Is the rule 66% both Population and Land Area? Or 66% of one and double nearest opponent?

It is 66% of the land and 66% of the population. Some of the Conquests have different numbers for land and population.

What's the best defense against a stealth bomber? Are there any upgrades/improvements that can help defend against stealth attacks?

Just use a lot of (jet) fighters. They protect a region around their position (radius around their position is halve their operational (bombing) range) and the more you use, the bigger the probability to destroy the attacking (stealth) bombers.

Lots of AA-units will also work but they only protect the tile on which they are positioned.

Never mind found my answer.

Originally posted by watorrey
Will the existance of a SGL prevent the generation of a MGL?

How about the other way around?

Can you have more than one scientific age?

1. No
2. No
3. If you are talking about a golden age, no. But if you are talking about having an SGL be used to research faster, yes.

Perhaps I've formatted something differently, but I can no longer trade maps or contacts with other civs, even if i have an embassy with them. Anyone know what button I shouldn't have pressed?

Does the Great Library exploit still work in C3C?

Exploit? How do you mean?

I guess superslug refers to getting past-edu techs by TGL. Imagine: capture TGL when you don't know edu and some already contacted civs are well beyond edu or you gain suddenly a bunch of contacts of 'sophisticated' civs when you don't know edu and already own TGL (the latter might be not so likely in C3C since contact trade is a past-edu procedure).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom