The New AoK conversion collection

Aaaah! An endless stream of great units. Keep going. :goodjob: Thanks.
My mod will never get done...sob... :cry:

Great work on the new additions :goodjob:

Two things however :
- the champion's colors don't seem quite right (maybe it is my eyes after too much time in froont of Civ3/CFC)
- any plans on doing more Muslim units as I might find much use in those. What would be cool is if you posted a preview of all the different units you plan to do so that we know if we should wait for a precise one.

Those 2 new ones are exactly what I was looking for. Thanks Aluminium :thumbsup::thumbsup:

A preview of future plans would be cool if you could do that.

Originally posted by LouLong
Two things however :
- the champion's colors don't seem quite right (maybe it is my eyes after too much time in froont of Civ3/CFC)
- any plans on doing more Muslim units as I might find much use in those. What would be cool is if you posted a preview of all the different units you plan to do so that we know if we should wait for a precise one.

Except for the Civ-color and shadow this is original AoK. The quality of these units is not the best. Formerly I thought it is white hair :lol:! Note the guy at the pedia icon is different from the game version. Notwithstanding I have made a new version. Just for you :).

The Heavy Camel was the last oriental AoK unit. I have already said it before: AoK is euro-centric :(.

Perhaps I make a total preview. We will see. For the meantime here is a link to a site with lots of AoK unit previews.

Camels are not "Oriental" they are Middle Eastern. The "Orient" refers to India and East of India, and ends at Mongolia. Usually, "Oriental" refers to India, Tibet, China, Japan, Korea, Mongolia, Thailands, Vietnam, and Cambodia.

:p

Sorry for my little verbage there Aluminum, but I couldn't resist :lol: . By the way, how goes progress on the Korean War Wagon?

"Orient" is origianlly a Roman, and was then transposed onto Middle age Europe as reference for the Middle east

Originally posted by Sword_Of_Geddon
Camels are not "Oriental" they are Middle Eastern. The "Orient" refers to India and East of India, and ends at Mongolia. Usually, "Oriental" refers to India, Tibet, China, Japan, Korea, Mongolia, Thailands, Vietnam, and Cambodia.

:p

Sorry for my little verbage there Aluminum, but I couldn't resist :lol: . By the way, how goes progress on the Korean War Wagon?
It seems Americans think in bigger dimensions then Europeans ;). For me the orient begins short after the Bosporus and ends in India. Also we say 'Near East' for that what you call 'Middle East'. It is only a question of perspective :D.

You should have a little patience because of the War Wagon. It is a bit complexer then the normal units :).

So is the "Orient" the "Far East" in Europe? So confusing? Why do different people have different terms for things? I mean, why do us Americans call Rugby "Football" and Football "Soccer"? And why do we still use England's old Imperial System? :crazyeye:

This game must be really popular in Europe(Explains why Europeans outnumber everyone else in Civilization)

Oh, don't worry about it, I just could really use one last Korean UU', besides the Choson Solder, Turtleboat, and that other unit(H'wache?)

Heres an interesting idea: Have you considered converting AoK's Naval Units?(Especially the Mesoamerican variations on the Galley, War Galley, and Galleon)

Originally posted by Sword_Of_Geddon

Heres an interesting idea: Have you considered converting AoK's Naval Units?(Especially the Mesoamerican variations on the Galley, War Galley, and Galleon)

Ye another supporter for AoK naval units! the AoE trireme and juggernaut would be cool too and the various elephants!

Thats the sprit Kal-El! We don't got the terms wrong! Everyone else does! Mhahaha! :lol:

As a matter of fact, currently there are NO Mesoamerican Naval Units of any kind. Sure theres Aaglo's Fictional Native American ship, but that was ment for the Northern Native Americans, not anyone "South of the Border" so to speak.

There were a number of Mesoamercan Naval Units availible actually, all were Flavor units of the Galley-Line, they had cool serphent-painted sails too.

AoE: Ancient Times and the Rise and Fall of Rome
AoK(AoE2): Post Roman Times, all the way until the Age of Discovery
Age of Empires 3: The Age of Discovery, to the Napoleonic Wars....

Originally posted by Aluminium
There is no riderless camel in Aok :(. But Chimtot has made one months ago. Here is the link .

That one was a year ago (and he hasn't made a post since). The only problem with that unit (I was looking for one, too) is that the graphics are low-res. Also, the shadows are a bit off (feet don't touch). No one's made a new one (though that would be good).

Yes, although the previews look nice, there are "spots" all over the flc. Now, Chimtot did a great job, it's just that a lot was lost in the transition from his graphics program to FLICster.

So I am back :). Yes indeed, I have a bit experimented this week. The result is a new shadow with softer borders. I hope you like it.

Btw: To the issue above. Do you know that Germans call the Teutons 'Germanen' and themself 'Deutsche'. Exact the other way round than in English :D.

These are great, I'll use these to replace the earlier versions in my mod.

Top Bottom